Part 42

The Stranger

 

Daehyun didn't want to get up. But he knew he had to. He was pretty certain that Jongup had heard him last night, and was probably just as upset as he was, but he knew Jongup would try to hide it, he always did, and instead just smile so that his Umma would feel better.
 
Daehyun really needed to see Jongup's smile. He was heart broken. He had loved Youngjae with all his heart, but the younger had been going out with girls behind his back. Who knew what else he had been doing with them. To be honest, Daehyun wouldn't be so surprised if he found out that there were more baby Youngjaes in the world, right about now. Daehyun would have cried at that thought, but he had exhausted his tear ducts last night, and his eyes were red and puffy.
 
Daehyun dragged himself out of his bed, careful not to trip on Youngjae's pillows he had thrown on the floor or step on the broken glass, and showered quickly, pulled on some comfy clothes and then made his way to Jongup's room. He took a deep breath and then opened the door, only to find the room empty of five year old boys.
 
Daehyun quickly ran to the guest room, fearing the worst for his son, and threw the door open, letting out a sigh of relief seeing his son in the bed Youngjae had first slept in, hugging a white and yellow bunny to his chest: Joko, Keke's other half.
 
Daehyun went over to the bed and sat on it and gently nudged Jongup awake. Jongup rubbed his eyes.
 
"Appa?" he mumbled, making his Umma's heart clench.
 
Daehyun lent down to give his son a morning kiss, but was pushed away by a crying Jongup. Daehyun stared at him.
 
"Guppie? What's wrong?" Daehyun asked, seeing his son like this for the first time.
 
"You sent Appa away!" Jongup shouted, surprising his Umma. "I found Appa and you made him go away! You didn't even listen to him and now, Appa's never coming back, and it's all your fault! I hate you, Umma! I hate you!" Jongup cried. He curled up into a ball under the covers and started to cry heavily, the sobs getting stuck in his throat.
 
Daehyun sat there, not knowing what to do. His son hated him. His son had acted out. His son had shouted at him. His son hadn't smiled at him. His son was sobbing loudly.
 
And it shattered Daehyun's already broken heart.
 
---
Update!
Wow~ it's already the 42nd part!!!
Thank you so much for supporting this! <3