Part 26

The Stranger

 

Unfortunately, 9pm came quicker than the three wanted it to, and soon the father and son had to leave the mother to let him get his sleep. The two drove home, listening to the radio, Youngjae singing along and Jongup dancing in his seat. 
 
The two were happy, they had just been told that even though Daehyun had more surgery the day before, his heart was steady and he could be discharged as long as he relaxed and didn't strain himself. And so, Jongup had asked his Appa to move in with them for a while to help his Umma, with the side advantage being that the whole family could be together and that Youngjae could help Daehyun to see it. 
 
Jongup would again sleep with his Appa, and then tomorrow they would pack all of Youngjae's things up and take them to the Jung house, so he didn't have to rent the house anymore, and then they would pick up Daehyun, maybe take him out for coffee, and then take him home.
 
As soon as Youngjae unlocked the front door, Jongup ran past him and straight to the bedroom to throw himself on the bed. Youngjae followed and hung Jongup's school bag on the back of one of the kitchen chairs, and then took off his coat and put it on the back of another chair.
 
Youngjae went to the bedroom to see his son lying face down on the bed, giggling to himself. The Appa smiled and sat on the floor next to the bed, wrapped an arm around the small boy's waist and pulled him towards him, Jongup's giggles getting louder as his Appa started to tickle him.
 
"Ap-haha-pa! Haha! It tic-ha-kles! Tickles!" Jongup laughed. Youngjae stopped tickling the boy, but laughed himself when Jongup couldn't stop giggling.
 
"Come on let's get you out of that uniform," Youngjae said leaving Jongup and pulling some clothes from the bag he had packed the previous night for Jongup when they went to get some of Jongup's stuff from the Jung house when they went after tea.
 
"OK, Appa!" Jongup said, raising his arms above his head. Youngjae helped Jongup and pulled his blue school jumper over his head and then ed his white shirt and folded it neatly and placed it on the bed. He grabbed the small green T-shirt with a dinosaur eating a blue car on it and tugged it on over his son's head. He then went on to help his son change his black trousers for some comfy grey sweat pants. He wanted to laugh again seeing the Nemo underwear his son had put on that morning. He ruffled his son's hair and hugged him, successfully calming the hyper boy down.
 
"OK, you can stay up until 10 since you don't have school tomorrow, so what do you want to do?" Youngjae asked the five year old.
 
"Yay!" Jongup shouted, grabbing his Appa's arm. "I want to play! Play with me, Appa?"
 
"What are we playing?"
 
"Yay! I get to play with Appa! I get to play with Appa!" Jongup sang childishly, jumping up and skipping round the room. Youngjae laughed. Jongup suddenly stopped and glared at Youngjae.
 
"Don't laugh, Appa!"
 
"Sorry, Guppie. You're too cute. Ahh! What a great son I have!"
 
"Whatever Appa. Let's play!" Jongup said, pulling out a bag of toys from his bag and put them on the bed before climbing on himself and sitting next to his Appa.
 
"So what are we playing?" Youngjae asked, watching Jongup pull toys out.
 
"Princesses, frogs and dinosaurs! I'm always the dino and Umma's the princess so you can be the frog!"
 
"OK....?"
 
---
 
Update!!!
And happy birthday to Yongguk!!! <3