Part 15

The Stranger

 

Himchan paced up and down the corridor in the hospital, too far gone worrying about his friend that he didn't notice the bastard and his own son, who was  trying not to cry, comforting his best friend's son. The same best friend who was currently in surgery and fighting for his life.
 
Yongguk had been called in as he was Daehyun's personal doctor and was onlooking the surgery. Himchan ran to him when he came out of the operating room and walked towards the four.
 
"How is he?" Himchan demanded, tears threatening to fall.
 
Yongguk ignored his lover's question. "What happened to him?"
 
Himchan looked towards the bastard and for once was glad he was here. He pulled Yongguk to a deserted hallway and sighed.
 
"You really want to know?"
 
"We need to," Yongguk said. "You're the only person who knows, Channie, and it could save his life. We need all the information we can get. He might not make it."
 
"Fine."
 
*Flashback*
 
"Hyung, please! Please come!" the sixteen year old Daehyun begged his hyung.
 
"Fine! I'll come! But I'm only going 'cause you asked me to. And anyway, what's wrong with you?" Himchan asked, not knowing because he doesn't live with his best friend.
 
Daehyun pouted. "I keep on throwing up. I think I've got food poisoning."
 
"Well with the amount of food you eat I'm not surprised." 
 
Himchan and Daehyun walked out of the latter's apartment block and got into Himchan's car and drove to Seoul's main hospital. The drive was only 15 minutes long and soon both boys were sat on rock hard chairs waiting to be seen by a doctor.
 
Daehyun's name was called and he stood up.
 
"You want me to come in?" Himchan asked.
 
Daehyun shook his head. Himchan slumped on the chair wondering why the younger had even asked him to come with him. 
 
Almost two hours later, Himchan was still sat on the chair, his aching, and getting worried. Numerous doctors had rushed in and out of the room Daehyun was in and he'd hadn't heard anything from any of them. Suddenly, the door opened and the doctor that had called Daehyun in came out and asked Himchan to follow him. 
 
Himchan walked into the small room and found Daehyun curled into a ball, hands on his face... and crying. Daehyun never cried. 
 
He rushed to the younger and hugged him, gently rocking him back and forth. When Daehyun's sobs had receded, Himchan looked to the doctor, raising an eyebrow. The doctor gave him some papers.
 
"Your friend here is pregnant. About three weeks," the doctor said and then he stood up and left the room quietly.
 
Himchan was speechless. Pregnant? Daehyun? With whose-
 
Himchan slapped himself, already knowing who the father is. He continued to comfort Daehyun, muttering soothing things in his ear. He looked down and stared at the circled blob on the ultra sound picture.
 
This was real.
 
Daehyun was pregnant.
 
And asleep.
 
Himchan put the picture and papers in his bag and carefully picked up his best friend, bridal style, trying not to hurt the unborn child. He carried him out of the hospital and to his car, lying him on the back seat, and then drove to his apartment, trying to think of what he could possibly say to the younger.
 
---
 
Flashback!!! Yay!! 
The flashback continues in the next chapter when Dae and Himchan go and find Jae!!!
Thank you for reading! <3