Part 19

The Stranger

 

It was the third evening after his surgery when Daehyun woke up in a hospital bed, panicking when he didn't recognise anything in the room. He felt a hand in his and looked to find the person, and only seeing someone sat in the chair next to him, his head on the bed Daehyun was in, obviously asleep. Daehyun couldn't see who it was, but it didn't look like Yongguk or Himchan. 
 
He poked the person gently, not being able to move much due to all the tubes stuck into his body, and watched silently as the person woke up and do a double take when they saw Daehyun awake.
 
"Hyung? Oh gosh, Daehyunnie!" the person said suddenly hugging Daehyun, who squirmed uncomfortably, his chest hurting. He made a small whine and the man released him immediately. "Oh, I'm sorry Daehyunnie! I'm just so glad you're OK!"
 
Daehyun swallowed and spoke, his voice hoarse, "Who? Who are you?" Daehyun felt bad when he saw the hurt look on the pretty man's face. "I mean- I-I-I, I mean- ermm-"
 
The man put a finger on Daehyun's lips to sooth him. "Yoo Youngjae. And don't panic, it's not good for you. Your heart's as bad as it could get already." 
 
Youngjae wanted to cry. Or at least curse the world for hating him so much. Why couldn't Daehyun remember him? Surely you would remember your lover. But he didn't cry. He was too happy to be able to finally see Daehyun again after five years.
 
But just as Youngjae was about to tell Daehyun how much he had missed him, Himchan burst into the room.
 
"Oh gosh! You're alive! I'm so happy!" Himchan hugged Daehyun carefully, trying not to pull his stitches from the operation. Himchan suddenly turned to Youngjae and pulled him out of room, leaving a slightly confused Daehyun.
 
"Look, I appreciate you looking over Daehyun for me while I've been looking after Jongup, but you need to leave. Daehyun doesn't want or need you anymore," Himchan said. "So please. Just leave." Himchan turned and walked to Jongup and Junhong who were sitting on chairs further down the corridor and took them into the hospital room Daehyun was in.
 
"Thank you Ahjussi," Youngjae heard Jongup whisper to him before he saw his Umma again. Youngjae didn't reply, too scared he would start crying. Again.
 
---
Update!!!
Sorry it's so late... But here it is!!!
Please comment! I love reading them!!! <3