Part 25

The Stranger

 

The next day, Jongup was picked up from school by his Appa and the two made their way to the hospital in Youngjae's car.
 
"Appa?" Jongup asked.
 
"Yes?" Youngjae replied, still not used to being called 'Appa'. He couldn't be sure, but knowing that he had been Daehyun's one and only, he was pretty sure. And anyway, Daehyun wouldn't cheat on him, and the dates added up correctly, so there wasn't much doubt in his mind. He didn't mind suddenly becoming an Appa, it gave him an explanation for all the father-like feelings he had when near Jongup. And he loved the kid.
 
The only problem was Daehyun, so the duo had decided not to tell him anything yet.
 
"Jonguppie loves you," Jongup said, a huge smile on his face.
 
"And Appa loves you too," Youngjae said, also smiling, and taking one hand off the steering wheel to mess up his son's hair. Jongup giggled cutely, in the same way Daehyun used to. "Have you got Kekemato?"
 
"Yes, Appa!"
 
"Good boy."
 
When they got out of the car, Youngjae took Jongup's hand, who was hugging Kekemato to his chest with the other. They walked hand in hand to Daehyun's hospital room and opened the door quietly, coming with the sight of Daehyun sat on the bed, pillows propping him up staring silently at the wall.
 
"Umma!" Jongup cried running to the man, hugging him lightly and woke him up from his staring contest with the wall. Daehyun returned the hug but didn't smile. Jongup frowned. "What's wrong, Umma?"
 
"Hyung took Keke," Daehyun said sadly. 
 
Jongup lifted up the bunny and Youngjae and Jongup watched as a smile grew on the Umma's face as he held the bunny carefully and then crushed him to him, tears rolling down his face.
 
"Thank you," Daehyun whispered.
 
Daehyun pulled Jongup to sit next to him so he could hug him easier after his surgery. Youngjae went round the other side of the bed and sat next to Daehyun, pulling him  close and letting the older snuggle into him. 
 
Jongup smiled at the sight. His family was now complete, even if his Umma didn't know it yet, but hopefully he will soon. Jongup hugged his Umma and reached over him to hold his Appa's hand and put them on top of Kekemato. 
 
His Umma and Appa were here, and he couldn't ask for more.
 
---
 
Awwww Jonguppie's got his family!!! 
Thanks for reading!!! <3