Part 16

The Stranger

 

"You've got to tell him," Himchan said, handing the freshly brewed coffee to the now pregnant man sat at his kitchen table.
 
"I can't!" Daehyun cried. "He'll hate me! And I can't raise a child! I'll ruin his life!"
 
"His?" Himchan asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
"Yes. I imagine him being a boy," Daehyun said motherly, rubbing his flat stomach gently. Himchan sighed. It was going to be a long nine months.
 
"Then you'd better tell him!"
 
"No! I can't! What happens if he rejects us? What happens if I can't look after him?" Daehyun was slowly slipping into hysterics. "I can't look after a baby, hyung! I can barely look after myself!" Daehyun grabbed onto Himchan's shirt. "I can't do it!"
 
Himchan pulled Daehyun to standing and slapped him.
 
"Get a hold of yourself, man! What the hell!" Himchan screamed. Daehyun backed away slightly, surprised. "OK, look. Jae's having that party in his dorm right?" Daehyun nodded. "Right. So we'll go, get him alone and tell him. I'll be right beside you. I won't let anything happen to you or your baby, OK?" Daehyun nodded again.
 
The two quickly made their way to Daehyun's boyfriend's apartment block and took the elevator to the seventh floor. Daehyun started shaking and Himchan had to hold him to calm him down again.
 
"You'll both be fine. Now I'll stay with you until we get Jae out here, and then I'll hide round the corner and step in if anything happens. OK?" Himchan said. Daehyun only nodded again.
 
The two boys approached the door and Himchan raised his fist to knock, but as he did, the door swung open slightly. They could hear laughter coming from inside. Himchan pushed the door open and tried not to gasp so loudly.
 
The people in the dorm were sat in a circle, Daehyun's boyfriend was sitting at the edge so the two saw his side profile. But that wasn't it. A blonde girl was sat on Daehyun's boyfriend's lap, her arms round his neck and was kissing him, while everyone else cheered and laughed. But from the angle he was sat at, Himchan, and Daehyun through his tears, could see their tongues meeting between their heated kiss. Daehyun threw a hand over his mouth as he saw his boyfriend and father of his child put his hands up the girls shirt, squeezing her s. Daehyun turned and ran down the corridor, just managing to open the rubbish chute before he threw up. He felt Himchan pat his back and his cheek.
 
Himchan was burning with rage. Not only had Dae found out that he was pregnant, but that the father of the child and the one he loved more than anything, was cheating on him. Himchan had the sudden urge to kill Youngjae for hurting Daehyun, but calmed it seeing his friend crying.
 
Himchan took a tissue and wiped his friend's mouth before throwing the tissue down the chute and closing it. He turned to the younger boy and hugged him, feeling really bad for him. They stayed like that until they heard Youngjae's voice:
 
"Why is the bloody door open?"
 
Daehyun started to cry again and Himchan made him climb onto his back so he could carry the broken boy to the car. While they were in the elevator Daehyun spoke.
 
"Take me home with you," he whispered.
 
"What?" Himchan asked, not understanding. "We're going to my apartment already."
 
"No. That's not what I meant. Take me to your village where Yongguk hyung is. Take me away. I don't want to stay here," Daehyun whispered, not able to cry any more.
 
"When?"
 
"Now."
 
"What about-"
 
"I'll drop out. I don't want to stay. Please take me with you. I don't want to stay."
 
Himchan couldn't say no. The boy was broken.
 
---
 
If you didn't guess, this is also flashback~
Why did Jae do that????? (It'll be explained later- don't know when... But it will)
Enjoy!
And please don't forget to comment! I love reading your comments!!!