Part 12

The Stranger

 

When Himchan got to where he was meant to meet Daehyun, he found the younger asleep on the grass with the two young boys cuddling up to him. He took out his phone and took a picture, not wanting the overly sweet moment to end. But he knew that everything isn't left untouched by time. 
 
His encounter with Youngjae had made him remember how young Daehyun really was. He had only been 16, almost 17, when he'd asked Himchan to go to the doctor's with him when he had started to throw up every morning, and coming out with the news that he'd had a small life in him for the past 3 weeks. To say he was shaken up was an understatement. Himchan remembered Daehyun panicking, from saying that he couldn't be an Umma as he would just mess up the life of his baby, to how Youngjae would be disgusted with him and leave him.
 
Himchan had never seen the usually cool and collected Daehyun break down before, and had no idea what to do apart from to pat his back, holding him and to find Youngjae and tell him. But that didn't exactly turn out how Himchan had envisioned it.
 
Himchan scoffed. How could that bastard not remember what he had done? Himchan sighed and nudged Daehyun to try and wake him up. Daehyun shifted slightly but didn't wake up, so Himchan decided to kick him in the leg. Daehyun jolted awake. He sat up and rubbed his sleepy eyes cutely and looked up at his hyung.
 
"What the hell, hyung?" Himchan sighed, as cute as Daehyun could look, his personality wasn't something to coo over.
 
"You fell asleep," Himchan said, kneeling next to his son and carefully waking him up, wanting to exclaim how cute he was with his slightly messy hair and his lips in an 'o' shape as he yawned.
 
"Umma?" Junhong said, lifting his arms to Himchan to show he wanted to be picked up. Himchan lifted him into his arms and hugged him close.
 
"Yes, Junnie?"
 
"I'm tired," Junhong complained.
 
"It's late. How about we go home to Appa and eat?" Himchan asked to Junhong, who just nodded. He turned back to Daehyun who was now standing up with Jongup on his back, his little legs wrapped round his Umma's waist and his arms around his Umma's neck, grasping his hoodie. "I'll see you tomorrow, Hyunnie. Sleep well."
 
"You too, hyung," Daehyun replied, tightening his grip on his son and lifting him higher up his back, and then turned to go home, not seeing the frowning stranger watching him.
 
---
To make up for the last short update!
Omigosh! Thank you thank you thank you to my amazing 44 subscribers and all my commenters!!! <3
Enjoy! ^-^