Part 31

The Stranger

 

"Did you two have a nice chat?" Yongguk asked when Himchan and Youngjae returned to the kitchen.
 
"Yep! We settled our differences!" Himchan said, kissing Yongguk lightly. 
 
"I'm going to get dressed," Youngjae said, going to the guest room.
 
"Now, Dae, tell me, has Jae been a good Appa for you and Jonguppie?" Himchan asked, smiling when he saw the younger blush at Youngjae's name.
 
"Of course Appa's been good!" Jongup said happily, his usual grin on his face. "He made us food and hugged us and put me to bed and kissed me goodnight! I love Appa!" Himchan laughed and pinched his cheeks.
 
"You are so adorable!" Himchan said.
 
"What about me Umma?" Junhong asked, a pout on his face.
 
"Of course you are Junnie!" Himchan said hugging his son, making him giggle. "You are so cute!" Yongguk laughed and moved to pull the two into his arms, who wrapped their arms round him in response.
 
Daehyun and Jongup just looked on, both of them putting themselves and Youngjae into their positions and wondering what it would be like.
 
Daehyun shook his head and then stood up, gathering plates and bowls and taking them to the sink. He filled the sink with hot water and washing up liquid and then started on the dishes. Himchan saw this and pulled away from his family.
 
"I'll help Dae!" he said rushing over and taking hold if the tea towel. He started to dry the pots.
 
"Come on Guppie, let's get you ready," Yongguk said, taking hold of Jongup's hand and leading him into the boy's bedroom, Junhong following.
 
"So how's Jae?" Himchan asked, determined to get an answer from the boy.
 
"Good. He really helped me last night," Daehyun said, knowing that avoiding the question wasn't going to get him anywhere.
 
"How?"
 
"He helped me with my bandages," Daehyun said, a blush forming on his cheeks.
 
"," Himchan said, wiggling his eyebrows.
 
"Yah, hyung!" Daehyun hit Himchan in the side with his elbow, who just laughed, seeing his friend flustered.
 
"You like him, don't you?" Himchan asked fully serious.
 
"..."
 
"Don't you?"
 
"...I think..."
 
"Dae, come on! You either you do, or you don't!" Himchan sighed.
 
"..."
 
"Dae!"
 
"OK! Yes, I do! Happy? I'm starting to feel things I've never felt before! I feel happy when he's close and empty when he's not, I feel like I finally belong somewhere when he holds me, and I-I feel like I'm going to burn when he said I was his," Daehyun voice was tender and gentle.
 
"You look like you're going to burn Dae," Himchan sighed. But at least he got the idiot to confess to himself that he re-likes Youngjae.  "Now you've just got to tell him!"
 
Daehyun groaned.
 
---
Yay! 
Dae confessed to himself! 
Now he only has to tell Jae....