Part 24

The Stranger

 

Himchan picked up his son and Jongup after school like he normally did, and drove Jongup to the hospital to see his Umma. Himchan hadn't been able to visit Daehyun that day as he had been trying to find Youngjae to tell him to leave. He'd asked everyone if they knew him, but he hadn't found him. Himchan just didn't want Daehyun to break again.
 
He led the two young boys through the hospital and finally into Daehyun's room, and saw red. Well, pink really, but it made old memories resurface.
 
There, lying on the bed in the sleeping Daehyun's arms was a pink bunny. Himchan strode across the room and ripped the toy out of Daehyun's possessive grip, waking him up in the process. Jongup and Junhong just stared.
 
"Hyung? What the-" Daehyun started, but then saw Kekemato in his hyung's hand. "Yah! Give him back!" Daehyun shouted, reaching for him. Himchan just stepped out of reach.
 
"No way am I giving this back! Why the hell do you even have this?" Himchan screamed, scaring everyone in the room.
 
"Give him back!" Daehyun repeated, his eyes starting to tear up from the pain in his chest from the position he was in. "Give him back!"
 
"No!"
 
Daehyun suddenly went for Keke, but Himchan stepped back further, making sure Daehyun couldn't reach him, but because he did, Daehyun fell onto the floor, pulling tubes from his arms, various liquids spilling into the floor, including the blood bag he had been put on after losing a lot of blood in surgery. 
 
Junhong started to scream and Jongup ran to find a nurse, crying, while Himchan just stared at his best friend lying motionless on the floor with blood on his arms and chest where his stitches had broken, reopening the wound.
 
Youngjae, who had been getting coffee, ran into the room after hearing Junhong screaming and picked the boy up to try to stop him, but almost screamed himself when he saw Daehyun. He grabbed Kekemato out of Himchan's hands and gave him Junhong, successfully waking the elder up. He put Kekemato on the bed and then kneeled next to Daehyun.
 
Youngjae bent over him and checked his breathing, but he could hardly feel it. He wanted to give him CPR again, but there was too much blood coming from his opened wound. Just as he started to panic, doctors and nurses rushed in, Jongup following, and lifted Daehyun into the bed and took him out of the room, and most likely back into surgery. Youngjae had only just managed to grab Kekemato.
 
Jongup was crying again, but instead of rushing to Himchan to cry on, he went to Youngjae and grabbed his leg. Youngjae picked Jongup up and cuddled him to his chest, singing gently to calm him down. After 20 minutes, the sobs had died down.
 
Himchan held his son tighter and said, "Guppie, let's go. Everything will be fine. You can stay with us again if you-"
 
"No," Youngjae cut in suddenly. For some reason he felt over protective for the boy in his arms. "I'll take him tonight."
 
"I'm not letting you-" Himchan started again.
 
"You really think he wants to be with you right now after what you've just done?" Youngjae said, raising his voice slightly. "No. So I'll take him. I'll look after him." 
 
With that, Youngjae, while carrying Jongup and Kekemato, left the hospital. They got into Youngjae's car and drove to his rented house. He carried the two into the kitchen and sat them in one of the chairs, Jongup hugging the bunny.
 
"Do you live here, Ahjussi?" Jongup asked, sniffing, as he watched the man grab ingredients from the fridge.
 
"No, I rented it out while I'm here. I live in Seoul."
 
"I've always wanted to go to Seoul," Jongup said, starting to smile again.
 
"It's beautiful. You'll have to come stay with me some time. I'll take you to all the best places, including the special place me and your brother used to go," Youngjae said sitting down at the table next to Jongup. Jongup's smile disappeared.
 
"Brother?" Jongup asked, confused. "Ahjussi, I don't have a brother."
 
"What?" Youngjae asked, equally confused. "Then what's Daehyun to you then?"
 
"You thought he was my brother?" Jongup asked, smiling at his Ahjussi's stupidness. "I am Jung Jongup, the biwowogical son of Jung Daehyun!" he said proudly, saying it clearly so Youngjae could understand.
 
"So... Daehyun's your..." he trailed off, not wanting to say it.
 
"Umma!" Jongup said happily.
 
"Umma?! Then that means..."
 
---
 
Drama!!!!
Omg! What does that mean Youngjae?!?!?!
Thanks for reading! <3