Part 6

The Stranger

 

"Umma! Wake up! Umma!" Daehyun was awoken by his son shouting and two bodies jumping up and down on his bed. He moaned and rolled over onto his front, the three blankets around him making it impossible to do anything else. He heard little giggles and then two bodies suddenly fell on him, a strangled groan coming from his lips. The giggles got louder, and using all the strength he had, he rolled over, throwing the two small bodies off him and staring at the white ceiling before two heads came into view- two heads with bed hair, the strands standing up in all directions and the younger boy's curls everywhere. Daehyun smiled at the sight.
 
"Morning Umma!" Jongup shouted.
 
"Morning hyung!" Junhong shouted.
 
"Good morning boys. Did you sleep well?" Daehyun asked, trying to sit up. Both boys nodded and smiled happily.
 
"Umma! Come on let's have food!" Jongup said, taking hold of Daehyun's hand that had escaped from the blankets. Daehyun laughed at how he and his son shared the same love for food.
 
"OK. You guys go ahead to the kitchen and let me get dressed, yeah?"
 
The two boys agreed and ran out of Daehyun's bedroom, Jongup closing the door behind him. Daehyun frowned. The pain in his head still hadn't disappeared, if anything it had got worse. He untangled himself from his blankets and went to his bathroom and started routing through the top drawer. He pulled out the meds Yongguk had started giving him five years ago and put two in his mouth and stuck his head under the tap, gulping down some water. This was the only time he took the meds: when the pain got too unbearable to handle. 
 
He lifted his head and stared at himself in the mirror. His hair was everywhere and his skin looked too pale to be real, his eyes had massive bags underneath them and his face looked thin. In other words: he was a mess, both inside and out.
 
He undressed and got into the shower, making sure the water was warm, in hope to return colour to his skin. He pinched his cheeks just to make sure. He had to show his son that he was fine and at least try to convince Himchan and Yongguk.
 
After 10 minutes in the shower, he dragged himself out and into his room and threw on some jeans, a black T-shirt and a grey hoodie, and pulled his comb through his hair. Once he deemed himself alright, he walked to the kitchen, finding the two young boys sat on their chairs playing a violent version of rock, paper, scissors. Junhong had just won and hit Jongup lightly over the head.
 
"I win hyunggie! I win! I get extra food!" Junhong cried happily. The four year old was bouncing up and down in his chair.
 
"So what do you boys want for breakfast?" the mother said, opening the fridge. "You can have cheese and ham omelets, or I can make you some pancakes?" 
 
Daehyun watched as the two boys turned to each other, nodded their heads and shouted, "Omelets!" completely in sync. Daehyun laughed slightly and nodded, taking the ingredients out of the fridge and grabbing a pan and some oil. He made enough of the mixture for the three of them, and started to cook.
 
"Umma?" a little voice said behind him. He turned.
 
"Yes, Guppie?" he replied.
 
"What are we doing today?"
 
Daehyun thought. "I don't know. What do you want to do?"
 
"Can I come with you and hyunggie hyung, hyung?" Junhong asked, tripping up on his words in such a cute way that would have made his Umma coo and pinch his cheeks.
 
"Of course you can, Junnie."
 
"Yay!" Junhong cried lifting up his arms. "Hyunggie!" he said turning to Jongup. "Hyung said I can come too! I can come too!" he started singing childishly.
 
Daehyun put the omelets in front of the boys and started to eat his own. He swallowed. "How about a walk in the park and then we can get something to eat in a café? Sound good?" The two boys nodded excitedly since their mouths were full.
 
---
 
Longer update!!!
Thank you for reading!
Completely in love with Zero at the moment~ my album came finally last night! So happy!!! ^-^