Part 4

The Stranger

 

"Who's picking you up, hyunggie?" Junhong asked, looking for his own Umma who normally takes them both home.
 
"Himchan hyung," Jongup said looking for the said man.
 
Unlike Jongup's Umma, the said man was not Junhong's birth mother. He had been adopted at birth by Himchan and his lover, Yongguk, 4 years ago, and loved them as if they were his real parents. Jongup and Junhong had become best friends since Himchan and Yongguk were always visiting Daehyun, letting the two boys play together to let the adults talk alone. Junhong didn't mind being adopted, his parents loved him; the thing he minded was Jongup not having a father. Junhong's Umma often filled that role and picked him up for school every morning and took him home every evening. Junhong felt bad for his hyung, but he was thankful that his Umma acted as Jongup's father as they got to spend so much time with each other.
 
"Hyunggie? Why is your Umma here?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"Your Umma's standing over there!" Junhong pointed to where Daehyun was standing just inside the school gates.
 
Jongup suddenly started running towards his Umma, Junhong not even thinking twice before following him. Daehyun saw his son running to him and knelt down to enclose him in his arms and hug him tightly. He looked up to see his hyung's son standing next to them, and opened his arms to hug him too. Junhong threw his arms around Jongup and his Umma, giggling slightly. Daehyun pulled back slightly, but kept his arms round the two adorable boys.
 
"You two had fun at school?" he asked. The two boys nodded. "Good. Shall we head on home? Junnie can stay until tomorrow if you wish, Guppie. Remember, it's Friday."
 
"Can I?" the youngest boy shouted happily.
 
"If you want to." Daehyun smiled.
 
"Can I hyunggie?" Junhong asked Jongup.
 
"Of course, Junnie!" Jongup said smiling and hugging his friend as if he would disappear at a moment's notice.
 
"Yay! Let's go hyunggie!" Junhong grabbed Jongup and Daehyun's hands in his and pulled them in the direction of Daehyun's and Jongup's home.
 
---
 
Short one I know, but I'm trying to update everyday~
Thank you to everyone who's commented and subscribed!!! ^-^
Thank you for reading!