Part 27

The Stranger

 

The next day, Youngjae and Jongup woke up early to go to the hospital to pick Daehyun up. Jongup was practically bouncing all the way, just happy that his family could all be together again. Even though he knew there was a slight chance that Youngjae might not be his Appa, he could feel it inside that he was and didn't care if he wasn't his real Appa, because he could always become his real Appa. That was, if his Umma agreed.
 
Youngjae held Jongup's hand as they walked the familiar path through the hospital to Daehyun's room. They opened the door to find Daehyun sat on his bed in the clothes he had worn on the day he had been admitted, the hospital having washed them.
 
Jongup ran straight to Daehyun who opened his arms to hug the boy. Daehyun lifted his head and saw Youngjae stood near the door.
 
"Thank you for looking after Jonguppie," Daehyun said smiling. He released Jongup and stood up slowly. 
 
"It's fine Dae," Youngjae replied.
 
"Umma?"
 
"Yes, Guppie?"
 
"The hospital people said you need to relax, but I can't help you with everything so Jaejae is coming to live with us until you get better!" Jongup smiled.
 
Daehyun looked at Youngjae again and smiled when he saw him smile at him.
 
"Is he Guppie?" Daehyun asked, secretly pleased that his son had asked Youngjae to stay with them.
 
"Yep!"
 
"If that's OK with you of course, Dae," Youngjae said smiling softly.
 
"Of course it is," Daehyun said, and both Youngjae and Jongup swore they saw the older man blush slightly. Youngjae smiled more.
 
"Then let's go home," Youngjae said, taking Daehyun's hand in his and Jongup's in his other, all three boys smiling. 
 
Youngjae went to pay for Daehyun's hospital bills as the Umma and son went to get into Youngjae's car.
 
"Are you happy, Umma?" Jongup asked from the back seat.
 
"Of course I am Guppie," Daehyun replied.
 
"I knew you would be! It's because of Jaejae Appa, right?" Jongup said, a huge smile on his face.
 
"Jaejae Appa?" 
 
"Yes!" Jongup nodded, forgetting that he wasn't supposed to say anything about Youngjae being his Appa to his Umma yet. "Jaejae's my Appa! And he's going to look after us from now on! We're family!"
 
"Of course we are," Daehyun said smiling, actually liking the idea of Youngjae being Jongup's Appa and always being there for them. Liking the idea of being a family. Liking the idea of being with Youngjae.
 
---
 
DaeJae feels!!!!
Thanks so much for reading!!!
And!!! I'm in Paris at the moment and we're going to the K-Pop shop today!!!!
Going to buy some BAP~
Going to buy some SJ~ 
WOOOOOOOO
enjoy! ^-^