Part 37

The Stranger

 

"DNA?" Jongup asked. "What's that?"
 
"It makes you, you," Himchan said the next morning. "And it can tell you who your Appa is!"
 
"I already know who my Appa is!" Jongup whined, going over to Youngjae, who immediately picked him up and hugged him, smiling, and seeing Daehyun smile too from his seat on one of the kitchen chairs.
 
"But we can make sure! Wouldn't you like to know that your Appa really is your Appa?" Himchan said happily, pulling a plate away from Junhong who had it in his mouth, who pouted.
 
"Appa will always be my Appa, it doesn't matter what this DNA person says!" Jongup said, wrapping his arms round Youngjae's neck possessively.
 
"I love you too, Guppie," Youngjae said, kissing the boy's forehead, who giggled happily.
 
Daehyun smiled at the two, and wondered what would happen if Jae actually wasn't Jongup's father. He wished he was, but what were the chances? Daehyun wanted to do the DNA test, but was scared of the possible results; and wouldn't Youngjae have already told him if he was Jongup's father? Unless he didn't know it himself.
 
"If you want, we can go see Yongguk today," Himchan said, continuing.
 
"Appa!" Junhong shouted, hearing his Appa's name, the fork dropping from his open mouth. Himchan chuckled and rubbed his son's head, who smiled.
 
"Yes, Junnie. We can go see Appa, then he'll do the tests and he could get them back next week. How about it?"
 
"I would like that," Youngjae said smiling, knowing that Daehyun would finally find out that Jongup was his, but he would also have to tell him everything, and even though Himchan had forgiven him, he wasn't sure Daehyun would: he had always been against Youngjae making those deals to save him, and even though he had apologised before, he hadn't known the full story.
 
"Chop chop, then! Get moving!" he said, clapping his hands. He took hold of Junhong's hand and smiled at Daehyun. "Let's go see Yongguk."
 
"Appa!"
 
---
 
Daehyun had Jongup sat on his lap as they watched Yongguk insert a needle into Youngjae's arm. Jongup looked away as he saw it fill up with blood, and then Yongguk had removed it and put it into a bag with Youngjae's name on it. Yongguk pressed a tissue over the small wound and told him to keep it there for a couple of minutes. He then turned to Jongup with another empty needle.
 
"OK, Jonguppie, your go," Yongguk said as he prepped the patch on his left arm.
 
Daehyun held Jongup tighter and hummed a lullaby in his ear to calm him down and Jongup buried his head into his Umma's chest and tried not to cry. He let out a small sob as he felt prick of pain in his left arm, and then as if something was being drawn out from him. And then it was gone.
 
"All done," Yongguk said, putting it in another bag with Jongup's name on it, and then putting a small round green plaster on the wound before kissing it. "There you go, Guppie."
 
"Well done, Jonguppie," Youngjae said, kissing his forehead and rolling down his sleeve and Jongup's.
 
"Well done," Daehyun said, hugging him tighter.
 
"I'll get these sent off and checked alongside Dae's and the results will hopefully come in next week," Yongguk said, handing the bags to an assistant nurse.
 
"Then we can be a proper family!" Jongup said happily, hugging his Umma and his Appa closely.
 
---
 
Update!
And these parts are too short by themselves so put then together!
 
Thanks for reading! <3