Part 1

The Stranger

 

"Umma!" the little boy asked.
 
"What is it, sweetie?" his mother replied.
 
"I saw a strange man!"
 
"Where?"
 
"Near the car."
 
His mother looked out the window but shook his head when he saw no stranger walking up their drive. "... Sweetie, that's just Himchan hyung. He's not a stranger. And just you wait until he hears that!"
 
"Until I hear what?" said the man -Himchan- who had just walked into the kitchen.
 
"Oh hyung, you're here!" the younger male said, smiling to see his favourite hyung.
 
"Of course, honey," Himchan said, knowing the mother didn't like it at all.
 
"Yah, I told you not to call me that." The mother pouted.
 
"Awww. Your pout's adorable." Himchan pinched his cheeks.
 
"Hyung!"
 
"Ok, ok. Sorry Hyunnie," Himchan said while the mother -Daehyun- scowled.
 
"Whatever. Sweetie, hadn't you better be getting ready for school?" Daehyun asked the 5 year old.
 
"Yes, Umma." The five year old skipped out of the kitchen and down the hall to his room. Himchan followed him while Daehyun started making breakfast for his hyung.
 
The five year old started packing his grey backpack with his pencil case and his neat exercise books as Himchan watched him, leaning on the door jam.
 
"Guppie?" Himchan said.
 
"Yes, hyung?" Jongup replied, turning to him with his signature smile on his face.
 
"Did you see the strange man this morning?" Himchan asked carefully.
 
Jongup nodded. "Yes, hyung, I did." He pouted, making him look like his mother. "But Umma didn't. Who is it hyung?"
 
"The stranger? No-one, Guppie. Don't worry."
 
"But hyung, you won't be asking if it was no-one."
 
Himchan laughed and knelt down next to his best friend's son, ruffling his hair. He loved the boy as if he was his own, having helped his best friend and always being there for him both before and after Jongup was born, and helping to bring the young boy up as best as they could, with Himchan often filling the father role.
 
"Come on, let's get you to school. Your umma will be angry at me if you're late." Himchan took Jongup's hand, who was clutching his backpack in his other hand, and led him back to the kitchen where Daehyun was waiting with a box in his hands.
 
"Here you go, hyung. Just as you like them," Daehyun said, handing over the box and then kneeling in front of his son. He took the backpack and put it on his son's back and then kissed his forehead. "Have a good day at school, Guppie. Work hard and be a good boy, yeah?"
 
"I will, Umma! I won't disappoint you!" Jongup said smiling. He hugged his mother before pulling away and taking Himchan's hand and leaving the house for school.
 
---
 
First part!
Enjoy!
And please comment so I know what you think! Criticism is also welcomed!
Thank you for reading!