Happy

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi everyone. I'm... shocked... This is the first time any of my fics has over 300 subs *.* So yeah, I promised myself not to update today, but I'm still doing it. But after this, I won't update as often, cause I have other fics to work on as well xD So yeah, once again thank you everyone for the subs, votes, comments <3


Jiyong couldn't sleep. The moment Seunghyun shut the door behind himself, the young dragon's eyes snapped open. As much as he hated to admit it, he missed the demon's calming presence. Whenever he was in Seunghyun's arms, he felt safe. He just... knew that the demon was going to protect him. Yet now, as he was lying on the fluffy bed, wrapped into a thick blanket tightly, he just didn't feel safe. He felt like the door was going to fly open and he would enter through it, his all too familiar, sadistic grin on his face.

Slowly, Jiyong pushed the blanket that was covering him away. He needed to find Seunghyun. Normally, he would have felt embarrassed. But he just couldn't think at that moment. He knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep in the empty room, even though Seunghyun's scent still lingered there. No... He needed to be close to the demon himself to feel protected. He wasn't sure why, but he had to go to Seunghyun.

The dragon sluggishly made his way downstairs, where he assumed the demon was, almost falling down the stairs at least twice. He could see well in the dark, but his legs still weren't strong enough to support him fully. Yet when he finally reached the entrance to the living room, he practically dashed to the couch, his eyes lighting up when he realized that there was just enough space  for him on the couch. Not even thinking about it, he crawled next to the demon, extremely carefully, so the older won't wake up and question him.

Looking at the still peacefully sleeping demon, Jiyong smiled and snuggled into his chest, a calm feeling washing over him. He knew that everything was going to be okay because Seunghyun was going to protect him.

With thoughts similar to that, Jiyong fell asleep shortly, a beautiful peaceful smile playing on his lips.

In the morning when the first rays of sun entered through the double window in the living room, Seunghyun woke up slowly. He could feel something warm being pressed onto his chest and a pair of tiny arms around his torso. He was hugging this something close tightly, already recognizing his mate without even having to think.

He smiled tenderly and opened his eyes slowly, looking at the small dragon in his arms. Once again, he looked so adorable. He kissed the top of the dragon's head, chuckling when the younger's nose twitched and his eyes fluttered open slowly.

For a few moments, Jiyong stared at him with wide, dark eyes. It looked like he couldn't decide whether he should feel embarrassed or happy. Slowly, a small smile tugged at the tiny boy's lips and he looked at the demon with the most beautiful sleepy gaze ever. "Morning..."he mumbled, his voice a bit scratchy. Seunghyin chuckled and ruffled the boy's already messy hair.

"Morning."Slowly, he let the dragon go so both of them could sit up. For a few minutes, a comfortable silence had fallen over them as they sat next to each other, Jiyong glancing at the demon occasionally, while Seunghyin was looking at him openly, a loving smile on his lips. He couldn't believe how gorgeous his mate could be, even in the morning. Jiyong was simply perfect.

"Umm... Do you have some clothes that I could... borrow?"The dragon broke the silence, his voice shy and soft. Seunghyun nodded and stood up.

Wanting to show that he was much better now, Jiyong stood up and started walking to the staircase confidently. Of course, it wouldn't have been him if he hadn't tripped, almost falling onto the first step. But luckily, Seunghyun was there to catch him, wrapping his arms around the dragon's waist tightly to steady him.

"Thanks..." Jiyong mumbled softly, his cheeks a deep pink from embarrassment. Seunghyun just chuckled and held the dragon close for a few moments.

"Be careful!"he said, smiling when Jiyong nodded and went upstairs without stumbling again.

They entered Seunghyun's room and the older told the younger to sit on the bed while he searched for some smaller clothes that would more or less fit the dragon. He also searched for some underwear he hadn't worn yet, smiling when he saw how deeply Jiyong was blushing when he looked at them in the older's hand. Sometimes he wanted to know what was going on in his dragon's mind.

Finally finding a smaller T-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans that were small and Seunghyun didn't even remember buying, he practically pushed his mate into the bathroom and told him how to use the shower before giving him a clean towel. Jiyong was nodding to everything Seunghyun said, still embarrassed by the underwear in his hands.

Seunghyun left the dragon alone in the bathroom and decided to change until his mate was finished. He did so quickly, and waited for the small boy to finish. About twenty minutes later, Jiyong finally stepped out of the bathroom, looking down shyly.

The clothes Seunghyun had given him were pretty loose, making him look even younger. He looked like a tiny child trying on his father's clothes so he will be like him. To Seunghyun, the sight of his mate in those clothes was beyond adorable. "Thank you..."Jiyong whispered softly and smiled at the demon, walking up to him slowly.

"Wanna eat something now?" Seunghyun asked, smiling when Jiyong grinned excitedly, his slightly pointed teeth showing.

"Yes please!"he said, even clapping a bit when the older male nodded and led him to the kitchen.

"Well, I still can't cook too many things, but I think I have some cereal left..."the demon said as he opened the fridge and took out some milk. Jiyong let out an adorable giggle, making the demon look at him weirdly. "What?"he asked the boy who was trying to stifle his giggles.

"You're a strong and majestic demon and you eat cereal!" Jiyong laughed at his own 'joke', his eyes shining as he spoke. Seunghyun chuckled, amused by how happy his little dragon could be."Where are the bowls? I'm hungry!"

"Well, I like it." the elder said as he opened one of the cupboards and took out a box of cereal. He chuckled when the dragon was already looking for the bowls, though everywhere but where they actually were. "They are in the third cupboard to the left."he said and smiled when he heard the small, triumphant "Yes!" that Jiyong said after finding the items he'd been searching.

"Oh."Jiyong mumbled, finally finding the bowls. He put both on the table and sat down, grinning from ear to ear. He seemed so happy and carefree, Seunghyun couldn't help but look at him adoringly for a few moments before pouring some of the cereal and milk into the dragon's bowl.

He filled his bowl up as well and they both started eating slowly. Jiyong would sometimes look at the demon, a small smile on his face. He was finally happy... And he couldn't wait to finally meet his mother again...