Peace

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: I'm so so so tired. But I can't sleep. Plus I need to update something anyway. This was the first thing that came to my mind so yeah. And I'm going to think about the Daesung's mate thing. I don't want bad for anyone so yeah xD And... who knows, maybe he won't even meet his mate...

And also. The competition was a total fail. I have never encountered tasks this hard. I have no idea who on Earth would be able to solve them *sighs* Well, whatever.


A few hours later, the couple was watching the TV. Well, at least Jiyong was. It seemed like he was really interested in the cartoon that was on. Seunghyun however, was watching his mate with a tender smile on his face. Every single time he would notice his little dragon's childish smile, or he'd hear the small boy's carefree giggle, he would smile as well. One of his arms was wrapped around his mate's waist tightly, holding the tiny creature close.

Jiyong's head rested on the older man's shoulder as he was watching the cartoon, enjoying the peace. Had this happened before he had met him, he would have said that this was boring. That no one could enjoy just staring ahead. He would have laughed at the idea of simply snuggling with his mate and doing nothing. But now, he enjoyed this state of calm. He liked how nothing happened, how the only sounds besides the voice actors' voice in the show were Seunghyun's steady heartbeat and breathing. He loved how he could smell his mate being close to him, comforting him.

Once again, he knew that everything was alright, even if only for a few hours. He was still terrified of what would happen if Seunghyun would notice his scars, yet somehow, this feeling wasn't as prominent as before. To be honest, deep done he wanted to tell his mate. He wanted him to know his past...

He wasn't sure why, and it scared him.. So many things scared him... He felt quite pathetic. But at least Seunghyun was there. He sighed softly, snuggling even closer to his mate. He was now practically sitting on Seunghyun's lap. The moment he realized it, his cheeks turned a deep shade of pink, but he didn't scoot away. He was a bit embarrassed, but still.

Seunghyun chuckled softly, lifting his hand up and caressing Jiyong's back gently. He winced inwardly when feeling how the small boy's bones stuck out, but he knew that now he wouldn't be able to do anything against them. The only thing he could do was support his mate as much as he could.

Slowly, he pulled Jiyong onto his lap completely, chuckling when the boy let out a yelp as he realized what his mate was doing. The demon wrapped his arms around the boy's skinny waist and laid his chin on the top of the smaller creature's head. He smiled when the boy relaxed in his arms, lying back slightly. He was once again staring at the TV intently. Seunghyun wondered if he had always loved thing like this. He wanted to know so much about his mate. He wanted to know everything.

This feeling was mutual - Jiyong wanted to know everything about the demon as well. Maybe he didn't show it because he was still quite timid around his mate, but it was understandable. Another reason he didn't dare to question his mate was that he was sure that the older man would ask him about his past in return. And he wasn't sure if he was ready to talk about it. Yes, he wanted to share it with Seunghyun, but he didn't. It was very confusing, and most of the times the only thing Jiyong wanted was to forget.

He sighed softly, a tiny pout sitting on his pink lips. He was really clueless about how to get to know his mate without having to speak about his past. He hated how those seven years had changed so much. If he had met Seunghyun before, none of this would have happened. He would have already known a lot of things about the demon, and he would have probably never doubted that Seunghyun would love him forever, no matter how he looked or who touched him.

The demon, sensing that his mate tensed up tightened his arms around the boy's waist, whispering to him soothingly. "Shh, I'm here..." He had no idea why the dragon was like that, but he was almost sure that the gorgeous creature in his arms was thinking about his past.

Jiyong sighed but nodded slightly, trying to forget what he had been thinking about. Seunghyun was there with him, holding him and he loved him. But.. why was he still so scared? Why would he barely sleep at night when everything was okay? He just didn't know. He hated how his past could confuse him. He was frustrated, even near to his mate who usually would calm him down even with only his scent.

Seunghyun, knowing well from Jiyong's rapid heartbeat and quickened breathing that he was having troubles, turned the boy on his lap so he was facing him and leant in, slowly placing his lips on the boy's dry ones. Jiyong's shoulders slumped slightly as his eyes slipped shut, forgetting about everything as he pressed his lips back against his mate's, his short arms slowly wrapping around the older man's neck.

Seunghyun smirked inwardly, feeling quite victorious that he managed to distract his mate. The kiss wasn't too long, it barely lasted for a minute, but when the dragon pulled away slowly, he seemed like he had forgotten about everything. The childish glint was back in his eyes as he turned back to the TV, leaning back in Seunghyun's arms. The show that was on must have been his favorite, despite the fact that it was a cartoon because he was staring at it, barely bothering to wink.

"I have no idea how his mood can change this quickly..."Seunghyun thought, smiling as he kissed the top of the boy's head. He let out a content sigh, happy to know that his mate had calmed down.

A weird scent entered his nose, a scent that he could recalled he had smelled before, yet he wasn't sure where. It was tainted by a heavy dose of perfume, something that could temporary change the way someone smelled. He decided to not care about the fact though, since it was very likely that only the dragon's parents got home, or someone simply passed the house. He couldn't identify where it was coming from anyway.

So he just shrugged it off, deciding the enjoy the peace with his mate.


AN: Sowwy, I couldn't write full fluff though I should have *pouts* I'm really just tired xD I might take a few days off writing, but I dunno. Plus I've started hiccuping after Idunnowhich scene and it's been making it harder for me to concentrate as well. So yeah, sorry again. xD