"Hello?"

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys^^ Yeah, another update, mainly cause I have no idea what else to update. I mean.. I actually have a lot I should, but I don't know how... *sighs* Well.. sometimes writer's block happens, even if only partially. I've got sooo many subs and votes and comments and I'm so happy <3 Thank you guys <3


Seunghyun was pacing in his room up and down. It had only been a few hours since Jiyong had left, but he was already worried about his mate. He just wanted to have the boy back in his arms, so he would be able to make sure that he was alright. He plopped onto his bed and sighed, wondering about what his little dragon was doing. He hoped that he got home safely and that his parents took good care of him.

Of course, he knew that they did, but still he was worried. He knew how fragile Jiyong was, and he also knew that he was still shaken up. Maybe he was happy now, but it didn't mean that he wasn't stressed out or scared. Or both.

He sighed deeply, glancing at his phone that was on the nightstand next to his bed. He wished that Jiyong would just text him or anything so he would know that his tiny mate was alright.

Once again, his thoughts wandered to the beautiful pink haired boy. He thought about how innocent the young dragon was, how expressive and simply stunning his eyes were, how sweet his voice was, how soft his skin was... Seunghyun thought about how much he wanted his mate to love him already.

What the demon didn't know though, was that said little dragon was sitting in his old room, staring at the door with a pout on his pink lips. He knew that he should have been talking to his parents and everything, but they'd told him to go and rest after they had chatted for a few hours since he looked extremely exhausted.

Then why wasn't he already in bed, sleeping like he should have? Well, he just couldn't sleep. The truth is, that for the past hour, he had tried everything in order to drift off into dreamland. Seriously...

At first, he lay on his back, counting fluffy sheep. At first, the technique seemed to work. He counted until seventy or something, but then an image of Seunghyun appeared in his mind, making him mess up the counting. Still, he tried it again, only to be distracted by the soft buzz of the flies that were in the room.

After that, he to his stomach and pressed his face into the pillow, turning his head to the side slightly so he would still get some air. He closed his eyes tightly and tried to clear his mind out. Once again, he started to feel heavier as the time passed and he got closer to falling asleep, but then his peaceful state was disturbed by the sound of his mother's footsteps as she was rushing down the stairs. His room wasn't too close to the stairs, but his sensitive ears were still able to pick up the distant sounds.

Next, he curled up on his side and squeezed his eyes shut, thinking about a fairytale he had heard in hope of falling asleep to that. But no, even that didn't work.

 And that's how after a few more failed attempts, Jiyong sat up and started staring ahead. His parents had been right, he was exhausted, yet he couldn't fall asleep. He looked around the room, a soft giggle leaving his lips at how strange the old room was.

The walls were a light blue, decorated by many paintings, a lots of which Jiyong had painted, posters of bands that maybe didn't even exist anymore, and sketches of dragons. Mainly his mother and father, or him in their other form.

Opposite of the bed, was a tall bookshelf. It was slightly dusty, but still looked much better than his old desk. It looked grey because of the thick layer of dust that was sitting on it.

Jiyong sighed softly and inhaled the still familiar scent of the room, sneezing a little, since it was well.. dusty. Still, it felt incredibly good to be home. He had missed everything so much.

He'd missed how he could always hear his parents talk in the living room, even if just faintly, like they were whispering. For a long time, their voices had been his lullaby... He wouldn't always understand what they were talking about, so usually their voice was just a background noise. Something that made him calmer strangely.

He'd missed how small, but comfy his room was. When he was small, he'd always wanted a bigger room and he'd always beg his parents to make him one, but as he grew, he'd learnt to appreciate the small, but homey room that he could call his.

He sighed again, standing up. Once again, he wavered a little. Without Seunghyun's hands wrapped around his waist tightly, he was still a bit unsteady on his legs. Slowly, he walked out of his room, a tiny smile on his lips as he thought about the demon. He looked down at the clothes he was still wearing.

Once he entered the living room, his parents looked at him curiously. They could both see that the boy was still extremely tired. But his mother knew why he couldn't fall asleep. Of course she knew, she had been through something similar when finding her mate.

"Hi..."Jiyong mumbled, sitting down.

"Hi baby, what's wrong?"His mother asked, looking at him.

"I can't sleep..."The youngest dragon pouted, making both of his parents chuckle softly.

"Why?"his father questioned him. "It's easy. Just lie down, close your eyes and sleep..."he said.

"It's not that easy, daddy..."Jiyong mumbled, pursing his lips. He was really irritated by the fact that he couldn't sleep.

"When do you want to take the clothes back to Seunghyun though?"The female dragon asked suddenly. "I'm only asking before I'm planning to go into town tomorrow, so I could take them to him if you change and I can wash them out. "Her husband noticed the cheeky smile on her lips, however, Jiyong didn't. The tiny boy's head snapped up and he looked at his mother with wide, desperate eyes.

"Mom, I wanna go with you! I can give it to him if you'd like, too!" he exclaimed. Both his parents chuckled, though the boy didn't seem to notice it. "But... can you give me your phone now so I could call him and tell him that we're going to make sure he's home?"he asked, speaking so quickly that his parents could barely understand him. His face lit up when his mother nodded and showed him which number was Seunghyun's.

The next moment, the dragon practically darted into his room, tired or not, already calling the demon. He couldn't help but smile when he could finally hear the demon's deep, soothing voice.

"Hello?"