Mother

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ I was kinda surprised when I saw the result of the poll. Many people commented against the vampire being Yongguk, yet he still won. Of course, this wasn't the last poll, so it's highly possible that he won't be our bad boy xD BUT I kinda had some inspiration after imagining him as the bad guy. I actually had two ideas, both BangZelo( I ship that couple, okay? xD), but one would be well... Quite dark, while the other would be only like that in the beginning. And both would be related to this fic xD But I'm still working on them, so I can't say anything yet, I just felt like telling you :P No poll for today cause dunno xD Also, there'll possibly be a ton of typos, well sorry bout them, three of my fingers are band-aided and it's kinda hard to bend them xD


Seunghyun sighed as he got out of his car after he had parked it in front of his parent's house. He was kind of nervous about meeting his mother. The last time they had met, he had angered her, and it wasn't a pretty sight. But he knew that he couldn't hide the fact that he had found his mate forever. It would have become very hard as the time passed since, plus honestly, it made no sense. He knew well that his mother meant well. She was just a bit crazy. But then again, which rich demon woman wasn't just a tiny bit crazy?

When he had called his mother, the woman didn't even let him speak, she just told him that if he wanted to call, then he should visit her. Though this sounded sort of rude, for he didn't even have the chance to talk, the demon was quite relieved that he didn't have to share the news with his mother on the phone.

He entered the house, the bright lights of the hall blinding him temporarily. He sighed, glancing up at the huge chandelier that hung from the ceiling and seemed brighter than ever.

Though most of the house was quite modern, his mother wanted to leave the hall like it had been when her parents lived there. Seunghyun's grandfathers were in Europe or America in the moment, the demon wasn't exactly sure since the two elder demons had been travelling around the world for about fifty-sixty years. They were the type of creatures, who despite their quite old age, could never sit still. They always had to go somewhere. There were quite weird in Seunghyun's eyes, though it's not like they didn't have all the time and money they needed. His grandfather was nearing his thousandth birthday, but his grandmother was only eight-hundred-something, which meant that they still had a lot of time to explore the world, but had been around enough to gather a lot of money.

Admiring the beautifully decorated walls, the demon slowly made his way to the dining room, where his mother was waiting for him. He knew that she would be there, not only because of her scent, but because she usually sat there when waiting for someone. She said that lying on the couch while waiting for guests was unladylike. Seunghyun always wondered why she didn't just sit in one of the huge armchairs there.

"Well, women are weird. Thank god Jiyong is not one of them."He thought, despite the fact that if his mate was a female, he wouldn't have loved him less. Plus, honestly, Jiyong was quite well... Girly. But the demon didn't mind it. He loved everything about his mate, including the fact that it was quite easy to mistake him for a girl.

Finally, he entered the dining room, immediately looking for his mother who was sitting on one of the chairs, her legs crossed. Her charcoal eyes were staring right into his, a questioning look lingering in them. She stood up, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she looked at her son. Her mother instinct was telling her that something had changed about the younger demon, but she couldn't quite grasp what it was. Still, she was almost sure that Seunghyun looked happier.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"She asked, stepping to her son. She slowly put her arms around the male's neck, hugging him to show that she wasn't mad at him anymore. She just had that feeling that Seunghyun had found his mate already, and that feeling had been growing in her chest more and more as the days passed. But of course, she couldn't be sure. Their world was quite, complicated. You couldn't just decided when to meet your mate or who to have as them. It would have been too easy, really. It's not like she wasn't almost two hundred when her husband finally found her. "Though,"she added in her thoughts, thinking about her mate,"he had always been quite... Slow."

"I... I'm sorry for making you angry, mom..."Seunghyun muttered, hugging her back. The woman wasn't too short, she wasn't that shorter than her son, but her thin waist and small features still reminded everyone about the fact that she indeed was a physically weaker demon. Of course, not all of their kind was strong. She was quite quick, and she knew some magic as well. But, she never really needed to use her powers. Since she was the only child in her family, she had always led a sheltered life. It's quite funny how the moment his mate finally found her, her parents seemed to become a lot less stressed. She was actually allowed to go out without telling her mother!

"It's okay."She started, pulling away and motioning for the male to sit down." I should have known that you weren't just embarrassed.."She added, sitting down as well. She threw back her long, black hair, a habit of hers when she was nervous. She could feel that her son wanted to talk about something extremely serious, something that would concern her as well. The mere fact that her son looked serious, his eyes for once not telling her anything, made her a bit anxious. "What if he wants to move?"She asked herself. She knew that if Seunghyun didn't find his mate soon, he was going to move and search for them at another place. She didn't like the thought of her son being out of her sight. She liked to know that he was close to her.

Seunghyun sighed, looking at his mother after sitting down."You know, after we thought, I walked home. I'm not sure why I hadn't come by car, but now I'm thankful..."He started, turning his gaze away from his mother's. It was obvious that she had no idea what he was going to tell him. "I was walking home and in an alley... I... I found a boy."He finished.

The woman gasped, already knowing who exactly her son had found. She couldn't help but smile, a twinkle of excitement lighting up her seemingly could eyes. She had been waiting for this moment for such a long time! "Are you talking about who I think you are?"She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah. His name is Kwon Jiyong. He's a dragon and... Simply breathtaking, mom. He's truly the most gorgeous thing in the world!"Seunghyun said, his voice full of emotions.

As the woman heard her son speak about his mate with so much adoration, she could barely contain his tears."When can I meet him?She asked, quickly wiping a tear from her face.

"Well... Soon. But, he's had some.. Problems during the past years. He refuses to tell anyone, and I really don't know if he should meet you so soon. I have no idea what happened to him, but he's really shaken up."The younger demon explained, his tone filled with worry.

"Oh, poor thing. Well, I understand it though. Help him in any way you can, okay?"The woman asked, concern filling her dark eyes.

"Yeah mom.. And, thanks for understanding.."Seunghyun said, hugging her briefly.

"It's nothing, son. Now, would you like to stay for dinner?"She asked, switching topics easily. She couldn't have been happier though, since she knew that her son was truly happy.