Angel

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ Yup, I'm updating again xD For some reason, I enjoy writing this fic. Maybe cause I usually write Jongkey or 2Min and this is new and 'fresh' thus a bit more exciting xD So~ yeah xD I hope that you'll like this chapter ^^


Choi Seunghyun was walking down the empty street almost soundlessly, looking at his feet as he walked. He felt slightly guilty, because he've just had a fight with his mother. He couldn't understand why she was so angry at him though, because what she accused him of was everything but true. Despite the fight and everything, Seunghyun did wish that his mother had been right. The elder demon thought that her son had found his mate finally, but he was either embarrassed of them, or simply too 'shy' to introduce them to his parents. Sadly for Seunghyun, neither of these were true. Oh, how he wished they were...

For so many years, he had been searching for his mate. He wanted to meet them so badly. He wanted someone to wait for him at home when he was at work, he wanted to kiss someone sweetly under the mistletoe at Christmas. He wanted to have someone to hold at night... He wanted to have his angel.

But despite searching for them for a long, long time, he just couldn't find them. At first, everyone told him that he just had to wait. That it just wasn't their time to meet yet. Seunghyun let out a small, bitter laugh as he looked up at the moonless sky for a moment.

Somehow as time passed, the thoughts of him not having a mate at all started to appear more and more in his thoughts. People said that things like that never happened, but there Seunghyun was, older than a hundred years old, without a mate. Of course, he still looked like he was in his mid-twenties. Like most magical creatures, demons too, stopped aging after some time.

He continued walking, passing abandoned alleys without a hint of fear in his dark eyes. But as he passed another one, something made him stop. Even he didn't know what it was. The only thing he knew was that his heartbeat picked up, and that he just couldn't take another forward, No. He had to go there. Something was pulling him in, a weird feeling he couldn't recall experiencing before. Slowly, he walked back and peeked into the alley, his breath catching in his throat the moment he noticed something... someone lying lifelessly on the cold ground.

Seunghyun was frozen. His instincts were telling him to get near to the creature, to check if they were still alive. If he concentrated enough, he could hear the tiny figure's faint heartbeat.

Yet he couldn't move. It felt like he was rooted to the ground. Something in the obviously not human creature lying close enough for him to see his beautiful face had made it impossible for Seunghyun to move.

Maybe it was the messy mop of weird pink hair and the beautiful yet unhealthily pale skin. Or maybe how motionless the tiny boy was. He looked lifeless, yet Seunghyun could still hear his heartbeats, though they were getting weaker and weaker.

Or maybe Seunghyun couldn't move because he knew that he had found his mate. He just... felt it. The moment the stunning figure caught his eyes, he knew that he had found him.

The immense shock he felt as he looked at the unmoving body on the ground was quickly replaced by rage.

He had never felt this angry before. He wanted to torture the person that had dared to touch his angel. His beautiful angel that was dying...

And when he realized that life was fading quickly from his mate, he suddenly felt like he could move again. He practically jumped to the small figure, scanning his body for injuries. The weird thing was, that he couldn't see any. Seunghyun kneeled down next to the boy's head and looked at his neck for any signs of a wound or anything. His eyes widened when he noticed two small puncture wounds on the pale neck. They were surrounded by mostly dried blood... 

The demon growled loudly, a deep, threatening sound. If anyone would have been near, they would have known not to get close to him. It was obvious that he wasn't exactly... himself at the moment.

He felt a mixture of emotions, many of which he could barely identify. First of all, he was feeling love towards the tiny form now lying on his lap as he had pulled him there. He felt lost. He simply had no idea what to do... He did know that his angel needed help though. He was just... still frozen. He felt shocked, an emotion that was weirdly both pleasant and sickening. It was pleasant because after so many years, he had finally found his mate. Yet the mere though of the boy lying there motionlessly made him sick.

Slowly, he stood up, lifting the pale creature up as well. He had to strain his ears if he wanted to hear his mate's heartbeats. It made his heart clench... But only then did he notice that there was a tiny smile on the boy's face.

Finally, he snapped out of his shock and ran. He had never ran this quickly before, yet he felt like he was slower than ever. By the time he had reached his house, the boy in his arms looked even paler. And he was even colder, as Seunghyun realized when finally laying him down on his couch.

But then, a tiny groan of discomfort left those pale, bluish lips. Strangely, Seunghyun felt relieved... Because it was a sign of the boy being... okay...

Slowly, color was returning to the still unconscious boy's face. And then, he finally stirred, his beautiful dark eyes fluttering open slowly. For the first time, Seunghyun's eyes met his mate's frightened brown orbs.

"Shh...'the demon soothed, placing a hand on the boy's cheek gently."It's okay, I'm here...'he said softly as if not to scare the small creature that still looked scared. As if recognizing his mate, the boy leant into Seunghyun's touch, closing his eyes slowly. He felt so... peaceful, almost happy even though he was extremely exhausted. 

But suddenly, his eyes snapped open. He realized that he wasn't at a place he could recognize. "Who...?"he asked, his throat feeling as if it was on fire.

"My name is Choi Seunghyun, angel..."the elder murmured. 

"Jiyong..."the boy whispered before he fell unconscious again. Worry flashed in Seunghyun's eyes, but he knew that this was normal. He just wished that he had found his mate just a little sooner so the poor boy wouldn't have had to suffer. But at least he was there now, with Seunghyun...

And the demon was going to do anything to make his angel happy and safe.


AN: Okay... I'm really not sure if this came out as I wanted it to or not *sighs* Well.... I really hope that you enjoyed it though. Feel free to share what you think about this with me though ^^