Pain

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Before you read this chapter, and you haven't read the previous one (and hadn't noticed that this is a double update), read chapter 28 :P I decided that I'm in the mood to continue chap. 28 but I didn't want to make it an extra long chap., so I'm updating this today as well. I hope that you're happy bout it and won't end up unsubbing xD By the way, at this rate, this fanfic might become very, very long. I'm not sure if many people want that xD I personally don't like long fics, but in here barely anything happened, and yet we're at chap. 29. So I guess I'll have to write more of this xD


Once again, Jiyong sat there silently for a few minutes. It was getting harder and harder for him to talk about what had happened, since the memories were still fresh, and even thinking about them made him want to cry. Actually, he was already crying, which he had detested, but he had no idea how to stop... And now, he couldn't even say that he couldn't finish his story. He knew that Seunghyun would say that it was alright, he knew his mate, but he was almost sure that never again would he be able to talk about what had happened in the past. Even now, he was sobbing like those weak humans girls you see on TV, the ones that lie that a vampire had attacked them only so they would be famous. He felt like he was like them, even though he did have a true story behind what he was talking about now...

"You know, for some time, I felt like I would be able to fall for him. He was really sweet, he called me cutie, Jiyongie or even love. And he seemed so honest... I felt like he truly cared about me."The younger boy continued on a shaky voice, biting into his lip whenever he said one of the nicknames the vampire had called him by. After love, a single drop of blood was drawn by his sharp teeth, sliding down his tear-stained chin, landing where all of the tears had done the same before.

Seunghyun's nose caught the faint scent of blood, and he tensed for a moment, but then he realized what had happened. He tightened his hold on Jiyong once again, gently rocking the tiny boy back and forth.

"And... I guess we could say that life was really nice in those... I think about two years? But... slowly I realized that I just... wasn't able to fall for him. You know, I still tried doing so though, because I thought that we were mates. He told me so, and he would always make my heart race. I... I still don't know why..." A choked sob left the boy's trembling lips as he forced those words to leave his mouth. His tears had stopped momentarily, but he knew that this wouldn't last long. The best part was only coming now. And he could only wish that Seunghyun would stay with him. He was so, so scared that the demon would leave. So many bad things had happened to him, and he was that one at blame. Yes, maybe the vampire had done them, but it was he who didn't notice the lie in his seemingly sweet sentences, in his hugs that were cold, despite the fact that his body temperature wasn't lower than the dragon's. Jiyong felt like such an idiot.

"What happened after that?"The older male asked quietly after Jiyong hadn't talked for at least three minutes. The smaller male was just clinging to his mate, trembling in his arms. He was once again on the verge of tears. Seunghyun wasn't sure if he wanted to hear the rest of the story, despite the fact that he already knew most of it, but he also knew that sharing what had happened might help the boy. At the moment, the only thing in Seunghyun's mind was to help his mate, to comfort him. To show the tiny dragon that he loved him more than anything.

"I... I... "Jiyong's voice broke. He hadn't thought about that thing for a long time. He had always tried forgetting it, and for years in that room, he somewhat managed to push back those memories."I almost did that with him..."He whispered after another short pause, a few tears sliding down his red cheeks. "I didn't in the end, because someone had called him, but... we were really, really close to it and... and if that phone call hadn't happened..."He didn't finish sentence just cried quietly for a few minutes.

Seunghyun felt both shocked and slightly relieved. Of course he was glad that that ing vampire didn't do that to his little angel, but he was shocked how Jiyong told him about even that. He was furious as well, but not at his mate. He knew that vampires were masters of manipulation, and that Jiyong wasn't the one at fault. Maybe he fell for the trap a bit too easily, but at those times, he was barely a child. He couldn't have known.

"After that, I tried... coming back home but... That's when everything changed." Jiyong's voice became even more quiet as those words left his moist lips. He sniffed softly, pulling away for a moment. He looked up at Seunghyun whose eyes were full of worry and love. It seemed like the demon still loved him. Hadn't the memories been threatening his mind again, the small dragon would have taken the time to admire the perfectly craved features of his mate. But no... He had to say this quickly or those memories would drag him back into a dream like world. He could almost feel how they were calling him, how they were telling him to close his eyes and let himself go in hushed whispers, how they urged him to watch his past like it was one of those sad, sad movies that move even the toughest people to tears...

Seunghyun knew that this was hard for his mate. He knew it, but he felt like he couldn't help him now. He hated this, but he knew that the only thing he could do was hold the tiny creature tight and hope and show him that he loved him. He didn't feel like this was enough, but there was nothing more he could do.

"I... I woke up at night and tried sneaking out. I decided that I would go back to his place after I'd sorted out my feelings. But he woke up... He... He told me such... such cruel things..."Jiyong soft sniffs turned into hysteric sobs as his short, claw-like nails tore tiny holes into the vampire's T-shirt. He was shaking even more now, and to his mate, he looked like he had lost it. It was like finally broke, even though he had broken down many times before.

Not even on the day the dragon's mother had called him did Jiyong seem this fragile and tiny, almost like he had lost all hope.

"He... He dragged me to a room and hurt me... He told me the truth and how he had been lying. The pain was... It was unbearable... I... I wanted to die..."The young dragon sobbed, his voice barely coherent as his face once again was buried in his mate's T-shirt. Even the comforting masculine scent wasn't enough to soothe him... He could feel the pain in every fiber of his body again... And he felt like it was too much.