Broken

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ Umm.. Thank you all for the name-ideas. I was so surprised to see so many :D But... Now I can't choose xD Well.. in the end I bet I'll be making polls and stuff about it. But not now. Right now I just want to write and then I don't know. I'm kinda in a bad mood so~ yeah xD


A few days passed since Jiyong had last seen Seunghyun, and the young dragon was getting a bit sad about that little fact. He just wanted to be close to the demon. At the same time, he didn't. He wasn't really sure why, but he felt like he couldn't trust the longing he felt whenever he wasn't near the older man. He was scared of the past repeating itself.

Then again, he couldn't imagine Seunghyun hurting him. The demon was gentle and sweet, or at least towards him. The dragon couldn't be sure since he didn't really know the older man. Yet...

He let out a small, frustrated whine as he dropped onto his bed. He wanted to meet Seunghyun so much it hurt. And still... He wasn't sure if everything would be okay if he did. It was so confusing, Jiyong just wanted to cry. Or better yet, call the demon and meet him. Actually, the latter seemed like a much better choice.

But... Jiyong was scared because of another reason... Whenever he looked into the mirror, he would see the pale, broken boy in the mirror with faint scars all over his body, and invisible wounds in his soul.. It just... wasn't him... And he was scared of this new 'Jiyong.'

Maybe, he could still be happy and careless, since it was in his nature, but still. He had changed. And this change was scaring him a lot. What if Seunghyun found out how his back looked? Jiyong doubted that he would ever smile at him again. The scars, though most possible only pinkish by now, had been ugly, red before. And they had each a story. Jiyong was scared that if Seunghyun found out the stories his scars held, he would be disgusted...

The dragon wasn't stupid. After some time of feeling the pain of separation in his chest, he came to realise that he was bonded to Seunghyun. That they were mates. But Seunghyun's mate was a boy who didn't wield scars. A boy that was happy and pure. 

Maybe Jiyong could forget what had happened temporary, but just looking at the scars he had reminded him of the fact that he wasn't himself. It was a weird paradox, being himself when he wasn't. He was a completely different person, even if only on the outside.

Because hey, it was easy to think that everything was fine. It was easy, because Jiyong could still smile. He could still laugh freely, if he closed his eyes and imagined that his skin was still untouched. Scratchless...

But it wasn't, and it made Jiyong scared. Seunghyun was going to hate him if he found out that Jiyong had lived with an other male, kissing him, touching him for some time. He was going to hate him because he was foolish enough to trust a vampire. He was going to be disgusted by the body of a boy who had been hurt and tortured... He was going to hate him.

So maybe Jiyong didn't even want to meet Seunghyun that bad. He didn't want to feel the pain of betrayal again. He just... didn't know. He wanted to be with the demon. He wanted the older to hold him and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. He wanted him to tell him that everything was going to be allright. He wanted to feel the gentle, soothing touch of the older male.

But he didn't want him to know what had happened. Jiyong had practically given himself to a stranger. He could pretend that he wasn't the one at fault, that the vampire was the one who had misled him, but he should have known it from the start. He felt like an idiot.

And he felt like this idiot didn't even deserve to be with his true mate, because... It was him who had betrayed Seunghyun.

But... He wasn't sure about that either. He didn't know anything anymore... He felt so lost. And scared. He was so, so scared of everything that would happen.

A choked sob left the small dragon's lips, followed by another. He just couldn't keep it in now. The pain in his heart from being away from his mate, and the wide array of emotions were just too much for him to handle.

He broke down, crying and shaking, his small frame seeming even tinier as he curled up on his bed. He couldn't hold it in anymore. It was like everything that had happened in the past seven years had suddenly crashed down on him. He just wanted to give up, yet he didn't want to. He just didn't know what he wanted anymore.

He slowly slipped of his bed and practically crawled to the door. He didn't feel strong enough to stand up. He searched for the key he had always near the door and when he finally found it, he locked the door. He didn't want anyone to come in. Of course, his father could have broken the door down if he wanted to, but Jiyong knew that his parents respected his privacy enough to not do it.

The small dragon tried walking back to his bed, but he could barely see through his tears anymore. He collapsed onto his knees and curled up on the floor in a sobbing mess. He just wanted everything to end finally. He hated this confusion. He hated that vampire who had ruined his life. He hated himself for letting that man ruin it. He hated everything... Slowly, the small dragon cried himself into sleep, tears still sliding down his face as he dreamt...

He woke up to complete darkness. He was still on the floor, his only companion being the small stuffed toy that had fallen off a shelf when he looked for his key. He slowly stood up and stumbled to his bed, whining as he fell onto it. He hugged the toy close. His head heart and he could barely open his eyes. He felt miserable, and his heart still felt heavy. Slowly, his eyes fluttered shut again, soft sniffs leaving him as he drifted off into another a deep, dreamless sleep. But even in that state, a soft, weak word left his parched lips, a call for his mate.. "Seunghyun.."


AN: I hope that this chapter was okay. I kinda feel like it was a bit confusing, though I've tried to express how confused Jiyong feels. I really do hope that I got it right, but I sorta feel like I didn't. Well yeah, this kinda felt like a fail. Sorry about it *sighs* And... I've listened to happy songs while I wrote so.. It's kinda weird how the whole chap. turned out like this.