Pathetic

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Uh..Well... today is certainly a fitting day for me to write this chapter *shrugs*. I hope you'll like it or what.


The moments those words left the dragon's lips, Seunghyun tensed up slightly. He had been anticipating this moment yes, but somehow he knew that what he was going to hear wasn't something pleasant or happy. And already, he felt sorry for the small boy that was now trembling, his breath coming out in soft shaky gasps. The demon pulled him closer, wrapping both of his arms around his tiny, shaky form. For once, the older man he had no idea how to reassure the boy, since he had no idea what was coming. But he knew that whatever had happened to his little angel, he was going to help him get over it, as much as possible, of course.

"I..."Jiyong started, moving a little so his face was buried in his mate's shoulder. Seeing that the small dragon didn't want to look up while talk, Seunghyun turned slightly and pulled him a bit closer so now once again the smaller creature was almost sitting on his lap. Jiyong didn't say something for a long time, just lifted his head slightly, only to hide it in the crook of the demon's neck. He wrapped his skinny arms around his mate's neck for support, knowing well that he was going to need it. He was kind of glad when he felt strong, protective arms tighten around his tiny waist, knowing that the demon was there for him. The only question was, if he was going to stay with him after everything. And the dragon wasn't sure if he wanted to know the answer-

They both knew that he didn't have to speak up while talking since the demon would be able to hear it easily, even if the dragon's voice was muffled by Seunghyun's neck, and for this, Jiyong was truly thankful.

"When I was sixteen, I met someone,"he started, voice soft and trembling as he spoke.

Seunghyun rubbed his back gently, wanting to show that everything was going to be alright. He already didn't like Jiyong's story, maybe because it started too soon. Creatures around that age were still children. Actually, in the demon's eyes, his mate was still extremely young, but then again, maybe it was only him.

"I was... I was quite happy with my mom and daddy, but I was... I don't know, maybe a bit lonely? I mean, I had tons of friends and I loved them dearly but.. Something was missing."The dragon continued, biting into his lips. Thinking back now, he felt like he had been foolish. But... There was no way to change what had already been down, was there? He highly doubted it.

Seunghyun knew how his baby dragon had felt - of course he did, since he had experienced the same emptiness, or as Jiyong had said loneliness for many, many years. But he couldn't recall if he felt like that at such a young age...

"And... then I met him. I'm sorry, but I.. I can't say his name..."The younger said after a short pause, letting out a shaky breath. No, he wasn't ready to say that name. The name he had loved years ago, yet now only made him think about the agony that the owner of that name had caused him.

"It's okay, love, go on!"Seunghyun said, once again rubbing soothing circles into his mate's back. Actually no, it wasn't okay. His instincts told him that this male had been the one who had caused so much pain to his little angel. He couldn't be sure of course, and to be honest, he wanted to ask his mate, but he knew that he couldn't push Jiyong... Something bad could have happened if he did and he knew it.

"I was happy, you know. He was... actually he still is, a vampire from one of those thousand-year-old clans, you know them, don't you?"Jiyong's voice broke, a few tears running done his cheeks and continuing their way down his mate's neck as he spoke."It seemed like everything was going to be great. He was sweet, and he always gave me gifts. Not those small ones but..."He didn't finish his sentence, but let out a choked laugh as he clung to his mate.

Seunghyun just nodded slightly, continuing to hug the younger one tightly.

"And... And we sort of... dated for a year you know. Mom seemed to like him, and daddy was a bit skeptical about the whole situation, but he rarely ever said so. And... after a year, he asked me to live with him. I was so happy, Seunghyun. I mean.. I.. I never really loved him, but I was always told that these feeling aren't exactly immediate, only the mutual attraction is... So I didn't say anything and moved in with him."The younger was now weeping, his tears flowing freely.

Seunghyun sighed and moved him so the small boy's face was laid on his chest. Very gently, he caressed the tiny creature's hair, whispering a string of soothing voice to him. He tried very hard to sound calm, but he wasn't sure if he was able to do so. Deep down, he already knew where this was leading. And he didn't like it, at all. Not only because of the possessiveness that had burned inside him, the need to know that his mate was already his and no one else's, but from the feeling of dread in his heart as well. Now he knew for sure, that this vampire had been the one that had hurt his Jiyong. Well, it had always been quite obvious, but before, he couldn't be a hundred percent sure.

Jiyong sniffed quietly for a minute or so before finally continuing. His tiny hands were fist into the shirt of his mate now as he clung to him as if his life depended on him. "He... He didn't give me too much freedom you know. But I liked it. He took care of me, and I had my books too read and a laptop. It was nothing much, especially since I was used to the comfort of my room and this house and everything. But I liked how he took care of me..."His breaths quickened as he thought back at that time, fresh tears replacing the ones that were gradually soaking his mate's T-shirt. Since he had started, he wasn't able to stop crying, and he felt extremely pathetic for that.

Seunghyun just rubbed his back quietly, already knowing that the nice part of the story had been finished. He could feel it in his bones. The only question was that whether he would be able to stay with his mate, or if he would run to kill that bastard that had hurt him. He already felt beyond angry, and Jiyong had barely told him anything... But then again, his mate mattered much more than that damn vampire. Jiyong needed him, and he was going to need him. And Seunghyun knew it well.