Worries

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ I'm not sure about updating this since there's a chance that the end is near. Though... I do have thousands of ideas for this fic xD But whatever, I'm not making a poll bout the vampire's name yet, I'll do it next chapter *too lazy*.


Seunghyun was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He was thinking about Jiyong, and why the younger hadn't called. He felt like something was wrong. Of course, he could have called Jiyong as well, but he knew that he needed to give the dragon some time. He really didn't want to scare the smaller creature. Still he could barely push the urge to see the dragon away. His heart was aching for his little angel.

He let out a deep sigh and continued staring at the ceiling, not having anything else to do. Actually, he should have been asleep, since it was well past midnight, but he just couldn't fall asleep. It was like something was keeping him from doing so. Slowly, his eyelids started feeling heavier and heavier, and his eyes fluttered close after some time. He was still awake, but sleep was gradually engulfing him.

Until the familiar ring tone tore him out of his peaceful state. His eyes snapped open and he sat up, looking for his frantically. After finally finding it near him, he picked it up without even looking at the caller's ID. "Yeah?"He asked, his voice slightly hoarse.

"Seunghyun? Thank god you picked it up!"He heard the familiar, hushed voice of his mate's mother. "Jiyong locked himself into his room in the afternoon, and he hadn't come out since then. He cried for such a long time... I thought that he would come out once he calmed down, but he didn't."Her voice wavered at the last words. It was obvious that she was really worried about her son. Of course, who wouldn't be."You are the only person that can help him..."She whispered, sniffing softly. Seunghyun just couldn't speak. Something had happened to Jiyong, something that made him cry his heart out, yet he wasn't there with him.

"I'll be there as soon as possible."He said slowly, feeling worry wash over him. He had no idea what had caused his always cheerful, happy mate to act like that, and he had to admit that he was scared that something irreversible had happened to Jiyong. He asked the woman where they lived, and within minutes, he was speeding towards their house in his extremely expensive sport car.

Soon, he was there in front of the house the woman had described. He practically leapt out of his car, the sleepiness he had felt before completely pushed away by the worry he felt. He didn't even bother to lock the car as he darted to the front door. Even from there, he could hear the quiet, unmistakable sniffs of his mate. It hurt him to hear those soft, pitiful sounds...

He knocked on the door, taking a deep breath. His heart was pounding as the door was finally opened. He was met by his mate's father. He was kind of surprised how Jiyong looked almost nothing like him. Maybe the only feature they shared was the color of their eyes. But Seunghyun knew that he didn't have the time to ponder on that. He had to be with his angel, and he knew it. He nodded curtly to the older man that looked highly judgemental of him and stormed upstairs, not even knowing where his mate was. It was obvious, because he could smell it. Jiyong's scent led up the stairs and to a bluish, slightly old door. He could hear quiet sniffing from the other side, so miserable and weak that it broke his heart. He knocked on the door gently, fighting the urge to just break the door down. He knew that he had to be calm when dealing with Jiyong.

"Jiyong..."He whispered, knowing well that the petit boy would hear him. He heard the sniffing stop momentarily, then he heard the soft shuffling sound of tiny feet as the tiny dragon walked to the door.

"Why are you here?" The younger boy asked softly, his voice scratchy and weak from crying.

"To see you, of course."The demon replied calmly, trying to sound as relaxed as he could. But his racing heart betrayed him. It wasn't beating so quickly only because of the worry though. Despite the circumstances, he was eager to finally see his love.

"Go away..."Jiyong whispered breathlessly, placing his hands on the door as a desperate attempt to stop himself from unlocking it. Even just by hearing the demon's deep, soothing voice and listening to his calming heartbeat, the urge to be with him was becoming unbearable. But the dragon couldn't allow himself to be seen by the demon. He didn't want to face the older when he would see how tainted he was. How ugly and broken he truly was. Smiling because of being free and accepting the past were two really, really different things. And while the dragon found it weirdly easy to do the first, he couldn't even try doing the latter. He knew that he would fail.

Seunghyun sighed once again, leaning against the door. "Please, open the door."He said, his voice almost shaking. He knew that whatever Jiyong was doing was far from what he should have. Even the fact that he had locked himself into his own room, most possibly without any food was threatening in his state.

"No, go away."Jiyong said, struggling to make her voice harsh. Even if Seunghyun knew that something had to be behind the way Jiyong acted, he couldn't help but feel hurt by how Jiyong was talking.

"Please, Jiyong. Just open the door. I just want to talk to you..."The demon said, his voice once again soothing and soft.

"No!" Jiyong whispered, his voice shaking. Oh, how he yearned to do as the demon asked. He wanted to be in the other's arms so much it hurt. A strangled cry left his lips as he dropped on his knees, his shaky hands throbbing to reach out and turn the ke, so the demon could come in. Being so close yet so far from Seunghyun literally hurt. Yet he couldn't do it. He was so, so scared of the truth. Jiyong felt like a tiny child that had been left by his parents, but could still see them. Tears streamed down his face as he listened to Seunghyun's soft whispering voice. He wasn't sure what the other was saying, but he knew that he wanted... No, he needed to open the door and be with his mate.

But he was still terrified of Seunghyun finding out the truth. He knew that the demon was going to be mad at him for letting someone else touch him. He knew it and he was scared of the demon leaving him...

With trembling hands, he finally turned the key to the side, quickly standing up and taking a step back, his eyes red and puffy from crying, his weak legs barely keeping him up.

And still, the moment the door opened and Seunghyun pulled him close, his strong arms wrapping around Jiyong's waist protectively, it seemed like all of his worries were blown away. He clenched his small fists into the elder's T-shirt, clinging to him tightly as he cried almost soundlessly.

Seunghyun held his angel tightly, rubbing his back gently. He wanted Jiyong to know that everything was going to be alright, because he was there...

Some time later, only soft hiccups were what had escaped the small dragon's lips. He suddenly looked up at Seunghyun, eyes filled with love and trust. The demon smiled back at the younger softly, and leant in slowly, so he wouldn't scare the tiny creature.

Fear flashed in Jiyong's eyes for a moment, the image of him kissing him appearing in front of his eyes, but he managed to forget it for the moment. His eyes slowly fluttered close and he leant in as well, his lips meeting the demon's in a short, innocent kiss. It was nothing much, yet it meant a lot of the both of them. And surprisingly enough for the demon, it was Jiyong who leant in again, a tiny smile on his pink lips...


AN: Well~ Yeah xD A kinda weird chapter, but it was longer than most, could you notice? *grins* I hope that you enjoyed it though :D