Without Words

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ Uh, today's update is here, for a... kinda egoistic reason of mine xD So, as I've said before, I was thinking of creating a similar story to this. Finally I had the plot and everything. It's GTOP, as I said before, with angel Jiyong and vampire Seunghyun. It's Shuffle of Wings and I would really appreciate if you'd at least checked it out.


Seunghyun was sitting next to his peacefully sleeping mate, caressing the boy's pale cheek gently. A few days had passed since he had found Jiyong. The younger looked a bit better now, his wounds healing gradually, but he was still pretty weak, sleeping through most of the day.

But he was going to be okay, and that was all that mattered to Seunghyun. He smiled softly when the tiny dragon let out a tiny snore in his sleep, his face scrunching up a little. "Seung..."he mumbled softly, a tiny smile playing on his lips.

The demon chuckled, kissing the younger's forehead affectionately. "I love you."He whispered, dark eyes filled with sad emotion as he watched over his sleeping mate.

Some time later, Jiyong began to stir. Shortly, his eyes fluttered open, looking at his mate, still hazy from sleep. He let out a soft yawn, stretching his arms out a little. "Morning."He whispered, his voice a bit hoarse from sleeping.

The demon smiled tenderly at his mate, taking his hand and bringing it to his lips. "Morning, Sleeping Beauty!" He said before kissing the back of the younger's hand, watching intently as a deep blush blossomed on said dragon's cheeks."Have you slept well?"He asked, still holding the small hand in his. He liked holding Jiyong's hand, because it gave him a little sign that the small creature was truly there, that he was real and alive. 

"Yeah."The petit boy said softly, sitting up slowly. He had truly slept well, courtesy to this special type of sedatives the doctors would always give him. They were pretty strong, especially for such a tiny creature, but only with them could he sleep truly peacefully.

After his parents his left on the day he had been found - or at least Seunghyun had told him as he had fallen asleep - he started to trash around, whimpering and crying for help, fear written over his face. His mate had immediately tried waking him up, but he wouldn't, which worried the elder.

Only after what seemed like an eternity did Jiyong wake up, his eyes full of fear as he looked around, his tiny body shaking wildly.

It seemed like the nightmares had started. And to prevent them, the younger had always been given this potion, made by some witch who had been working as a doctor for around five-hundred years. It seemed like this potion worked like a sedative, a very strong one, but it cleared the patient's mind, barely leaving any traces of thoughts behind, thus not allowing them to dream. Of course, the very first portions of it, around three hundred years ago, had caused many, many trouble as the patients - usually humans at that time - had pretty much lost their sanity if they were given a bigger dose of it.

After so many years, it was now completely harmless, especially to creatures. This was given to many that had troubles sleeping, as it would work most of the time. Of course, the main reason of the people not going insane wasn't that it had been developed, or that different ingredients were used now, than in the past, but the fact that they weren't humans.

To humans, potions like this were like poison. Whatever they were given that was made from magic herbs was harmful to them, not only this potion.

Of course, in Jiyong's cause, it was still a bit risky as the boy was pretty small, and still hurt. but it seemed to work well. At first, Seunghyun didn't want to let the doctors give something like it to the younger, but he slowly realized that without it, his angel would never be able to sleep well. Or at least not now. And the heart-wrenching cries, the pitiful cries would always cause a certain tightness in his stomach, a small voice whispering in his mind "He's like this because of you."He would hear oftentimes.

He knew that he had to let the doctors give that stinky thing to the tiny boy, even if it was a little risky, as Jiyong was in greater danger without it, than with it. And of course, it just made the demon even more restless, and worried. But he had always been worried of the tiny creature, so it seemed like it was nothing more.

The sound of the small boy's laugh snapped him out of his thought. The dragon was smiling at him cheekily. "Were you daydreaming about me?"He asked teasingly.

"Of course."Seunghyun answered with a smirk, almost bursting out laughing when the younger looked away, trying to hide his scarlet cheeks. In the end, Jiyong pulled his cover on his head, which was quite a funny sight as it only covered half of it since the demon was still holding one of his hands.

"What are you doing, baby-dragon?"The elder asked, letting the small boy's hand go when he started pulling it away a little.

Glad that his hand was free, Jiyong pulled the cover on top of his whole head, most of him disappearing under it. "Hiding from a bad demon!"He answered childishly, a soft giggle escaping his lips.

"A bad demon?"The older male asked, pulling the blanket off the boy, chuckling when he squealed and tried to pull it back with lightly tugging on its edges.

"Yes, a bad demon!"The dragon repeated himself, when the elder only laughed, putting the blanket on the floor. "No, I can't hide anymore!"He whined cutely, pouting.

"Aw, poor little dragon can't hide from the bad demon. What will happen now?"Seunghyun laughed, slowly pulling the younger close to him, wrapping his arms around his waist tightly. "Oh no, the bad demon has you trapped now!"He continued, smiling when he heard the ringing, beautiful laughter of his mate.

"My mate will protect me!"Jiyong stated proudly, kissing Seunghyun's cheek quickly before looking away, his cheeks flushed. "And I will protect him too..."He added, his voice a little more serious now as he snuggled closer to the man. "I really think that you'll always protect me..."He mumbled softly, looking up into the elder's dark eyes.

"Of course I will,"Seunghyun said, giving the younger a small peck on the forehead,"I love you, and I will never stop loving you. As long as I'm alive, nothing will harm you again."He added, smiling when Jiyong beamed up at him, his eyes full of love and gratitude.

"Thank you."He whispered, leaning in to kiss the man shyly."And I love you too.."He added in his thoughts as their lips touched, somehow knowing that the demon could understand him, even without words.