Running

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Okay, so sadly, I made a mistake in the last chapter that yeah xD So, I forgot to add the little fact that Seunghyun had called the police on the day Jiyong diappeared. Thing is, I was so focused on getting an emotional chapter together that I was already planning the next scene. Well, sorry.

Also, I kinda have a request for you. Well... After months and months of planning, I've finally opened my first Shoppe, Ladybug's Shoppe. For now it's mainly for oneshots and reviews, BUT the shop is hiring, so if any graphic designers were interested, I'd love to accept them. I can't do graphics to save my life T.T So, I'd love it if you checked it out :P It's new, so the requests should be done quickly since there's no line :P


Jiyong tensed as fangs pierced his frail skin. Again. He had no idea how much time had passed, but this was becoming too much. Sometimes he would try to struggle out of the chains grip, writhing and trashing like some wild animal, soft growls escaping his thin lips.

He felt his power leave him as his blood was drained by his captor. He let out a soft whimper as he made a fruitless attempt to push the male away.

His face was pushed into the stone wall, almost gently as the vampire didn't even lift his head when the dragon tried to shove him away.

Jiyong was getting weaker and weaker as the seconds passed, feeling more and more lightheaded. Funny colored spots were dancing in front of his half closed eyes before they finally slipped shut, the boy being on his limit again.

Hyunsu smirked as he pulled away slowly, the taste of the boy's delicious blood lingering on the tip of his tongue. A drop of blood trickled down his chin, its way continuing on his neck before it finally landed on his already bloody T-shirt.

"Sleep well..."He said darkly, kissing the boy's forehead. "You're so beautiful..."He added, eyes filling with the darkest of admiration as he scanned the boy's pale face, the small traces of blood in it, his closed eyes, the frown on his forehead. He was truly that, beautiful. "Just like..."He hadn't finished the sentence, even the thought brining him too much pain.

Jiyong whimpered softly, eyes fluttering open sluggishly as he glanced up at the vampire. "Let me go!"He whispered, voice scratchy and weak. The vampire laughed, cold and clear as his eyes pierced the warm, brown ones.

"Why would I?"He asked. "I like your blood."He added simply. It was true, he truly liked that sweet, sweet blood that made him feel so strong. He loved seeing the pain in Jiyong's eyes, he loved seeing his eyes turn back into his head whenever he passed out. He loved the music of his screams and yells, the soft sound of his heartbeat picking up.

his lips, he ruffled the boy's messy, blood-matted hair. He saw the lost look in the dragon's eyes and couldn't help but chuckle. It was his fault for never doing what he had been told. He could have had a great life if he had helped him. But no, he had to be a little brat and disobey Hyunsu's orders.

Now, he was going to suffer. The vampire was sure.

At the same time, Seunghyun was running. He had finally picked up a faint trail of scent. Jiyong's. Despite the fact that the police consisting of creatures with sharp sense of smell like werewolves had no idea where he could be, and had told the demon to stay still as the vampire names 'Hyunsu' - he had later learnt his name from Jiyong's mother - was dangerous, he had to go.

Finally, he felt like he knew where Jiyong was. After such a long time, a week that had felt like an eternity, he knew that his mate would be in his arms soon. He was running like on the day he had found the petit dragon, his fragance filling his nose as it grew stronger and stronger. Now he knew why he hadn't been able to smell it now, it was slightly different, clouded by a hint of disgusting, human perfume. It was too sweet, almost sweeter than the dragon's scent, but it had started to fade. Luckily, it seemed like Jiyong's scent had barely faded over the time, which wasn't that much of a surprise given the fact that it was stronger than the things humans could mix.

The demon wasn't sure, but could recall hearing somewhere that a creature's scent only faded after a months, given they had spent enough time there. It seemed like the perfume used to change it wasn't as strong as Jiyong's scent. And to Seunghyun, it meant hope. 

Only minutes before, he had been walking only a few streets from the boy's house when he finally discovered the faint smell of perfume. And behind it, he could sense his scent.

And now, he was running, his legs seeming stronger than ever before. He felt stronger, faster, but not fast enough. Someone it felt like he knew that to go. Every turn he had to take, he felt like he should go there without even the scent. His heart was pulling him to the dragon.

Why he hadn't felt the pull before, he didn't know. But the moment he had found the tiny clue, the smell... He could just feel it. He just... knew where to go.

He stopped in front of a small, rundown shack. It was surrounded by buildings similar to that, almost looking the same. Even in the open, the air stunk of blood from different creatures probably. Dead ones. 

Seunghyun felt the pull get stronger, his hope growing as he neared the building he knew he had to enter. Of course, he could never be true. This could be a trap easily as his mate's scent was the thing to cause him to come here, and not the fact that he was gone. Hadn't the sweet fragrance filled his nose that moment, he would be home now, waiting for a miracle to happen. This had been too easy, and he knew it.

He entered the shack, a growl leaving his lips the moment he saw someone from the corner of his eye. It was a small, blonde haired girl with huge, blue eyes. She was sitting on a small stool, her face pale as she stared ahead.

For a moment, she glanced at the demon, lips trembling as she slowly walked to him on shaky legs. "Who...?"She asked, her glance wandering to the floor.

"You don't need to know."Seunghyun answered coldly, scanning the pale form of the girl. "Who are you?"He asked, glaring at the small creature.

"I live here."The small blonde answered, not even paying attention to the question. "With my papa."She added, her eyes lighting up. "Are you papa's friend?"She smiled sweetly, bowing a little to the demon.

The demon should have known that this was too easy. It was obvious, yet he was foolish enough to believe that the mere trace of his scent would lead him to his little angel. And no. He believed and failed.

Or maybe not. Because the next thing he heard was a scream, filled with pain.

Jiyong's.


AN: Hi guys. Uhm. Do you wonder who the girl is? I know, but I bet you do too :P Or maybe not xD It is obvious though. In the beginning, there weren't too many things showing the truth, but yeah... Well, you will see anyway :P