"Sweet Dreams..."

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi everyone~ So first of all, let me thank everyone for the comments, subs and votes *.* They mean a lot to me, really. That's one of the reasons for this update. Also, I have my beta now, namely Kikwik, who's already doing her 'job'. Thank you <3

And once again, I'm asking for help cause I kinda dislike the title of the fic. I just couldn't come up with anything else. So... does anyone have any ideas? Or at least some words the title contain? I'm really uncreative with titles *pouts*


Some time later, Jiyong finally calmed down completely. Seunghyun hadn't let him gone though, he kept holding the tiny dragon in his strong, protective arms. He knew that his angel was going to leave him, he overheard him mumbling it to his mother excitedly. Well, as excitedly as he could with tears streaming down his beautiful face.

"C...could you text my mother with your address?" Jiyong asked softly, his voice a bit hoarse as he looked at Seunghyun with an adorable, sleepy gaze. The demon nodded and smiled, lying the small creature on the couch, deciding to take him to the bedroom later. He wasn't going to let his angel spend even the few remaining hours of the night on the couch. But he knew that the dragon's mother was waiting for the text. And if he knew something about female dragons, then it was not to make them wait. Or anger them. Of course, in human form they couldn't cause too much damage, but they could still look pretty frightening.

"Of course."he said, making sure that the dragon was lying down comfortably. Jiyong yawned widely and curled up, a tiny smile playing on his lips. He drifted off to sleep minutes after that.

The older male sighed, slowly stepping to the sleeping boy. He leant down and kissed his forehead gently, smiling softly when the smaller creature smiled in his sleep.

Seunghyun grabbed the phone that had been laid on the table after Jiyong had called his mother and texted his address to the number of the woman. A few minutes later, he got a reply, saying that Jiyong's parents would be there to pick the boy up in the morning. Seunghyun's heart clenched at the thought of his mate being taken away from him, yet he knew that this was for the better. Jiyong had to go back to his family... It was obvious that he needed them.

That didn't mean that Seunghyun would give up on capturing his angel's heart though. He knew that Jiyong could feel their connection as well, because he saw how easily the young dragon blushed around him, but he was aware of the fact that it wasn't enough. He wanted the petit boy love him as much as he loved him. With all his heart.

Of course, he knew that there was something in Jiyong's past that would make it really hard for them to 'get together'. It was obvious that he had been hurt by someone that had claimed to be his mate. Seunghyun only realized it after the phone call when Jiyong's mother said something about the boy's mate. And the demon could barely believe that someone would actually do something as cruel to such a pure, innocent creature.

In so many ways, Jiyong was just like a little child. The way he clung to Seunghyun when he was crying, the way his eyes lit up when the older offered to give him food... The fact that he was undeniably adorable, much more than any creature.

Yet it was obvious to the demon that Jiyong had been through something that had ruined his life, or at least many years of it. Even if now he seemed happy, Seunghyun knew that he was going to need time to cope with whatever had happened to him. The demon didn't even want to think of the things that Jiyong could have been through before he was thrown onto the street, broken and hurt like a used toy.

Seunghyun never really liked vampires. Most of the human tales of them being 'bad' had been true. They were disgusting, cruel creatures. Of course, not all of them, but the majority was. They only cared about their mates and maybe family, but they didn't give a about others. If they wanted something, they took it. For Seunghyun, they were worse than the humans they usually fed on. And humans didn't really mean anything to Seunghyun. They were like dirty little rats, fighting each other for a comfortable life.

Jiyong let out a tiny sound of discomfort  that made Seunghyun snap out of his thoughts. He looked at the small boy who was frowning in his sleep. He was probably having a nightmare, or at least a very uncomfortable dream.

Seunghyun picked him up gently and kissed his forehead soothingly as he carried him into his bedroom. Once again, he was shocked by how light the dragon actually was. He was tiny of course, but the demon knew that this didn't mean that he should be as light as a feather.

Gently placing the dragon on the bed, the demon tucked him in, kissing his forehead again. "You're so beautiful..."he whispered, brushing some stray hair out of the boy's eyes. "I wish that I'd found you sooner..." he added, chuckling when Jiyong stirred in his sleep. He knew that the dragon wasn't going to wake up yet though, and he was a bit thankful for that. He knew that even if the petit creature healed quickly, he needed to rest a lot in order to regain his energy. And he looked so peaceful in sleep.

Pushing the urge to stay and lie down next to his mate, Seunghyun stifled a yawn. He had found Jiyong many hours before, and morning was closer than he wanted it to be. 

He went back into the living room and laid on the couch, still in the clothes he had been wearing when he left his house in the morning. Sighing, he walked back into his room and tiptoed to his closet, picking out a loose T-shirt and a pair of pajama pants. He walked into the bathroom that was connected to his room and took a quick shower, hoping that Jiyong wouldn't wake up. As he dried his hair, he left the bathroom, looking at the boy that was still sleeping deeply.

He left the room, closing the door carefully but not before looking back at the peaceful boy. "Sweet dreams..."he said, a gentle smile on his face.

He walked down and lay on the couch, a dreamy smile on his lips. He still couldn't believe that he had finally found his mate. And the small boy was with him, safe and sound. Nothing would ever hurt him anymore.

Slowly, he drifted into a peaceful sleep, dreaming of his beautiful dragon.