It's over

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ Poor Hyunsu *cries* Sorry, I grew to pity him throughout the story xD Well whatever xD I hope you'll like this chapter.


When Jiyong woke up, he was lying on an uncomfortable, hard bed. He felt miserable. From his pounding head to his throbbing toes, everything. His arms felt like they were too heavy to be even moved by someone else, let alone himself.

A soft, hoarse whimper escaped his parted lips as he tried to open his eyes. Even his eyelids felt heavier beyond belief.

But there was something worse than the pain. Something that made the petit boy wary. He had no idea about where he was.

Suddenly, he felt a gentle, warm hand on his cheek. "Shh, baby I'm here..."He heard the deep, masculine voice he loved so much. Ever so slowly, Jiyong realized what had happened. A tear of happiness escaped his still closed eye, only to be wiped away by the hand that was resting on his cheek.

"Seung.."Jiyong whispered, his voice weak and hoarse as he forced his eyes to open. His mate was really there, sitting close to where he was. "You're here..."The tiny dragon added, a tiny, weak smile lighting up his tired face.

"Of course I am."The demon replied, kissing the boy's forehead gently. "Of course I am, love..."He repeated, a gentle smile playing on his lips as he looked at his beautiful angel.

He had been so worried. It took some time for him to take Jiyong to the hospital as Anna had awakened by the time he went back to the main part of the house. The little girl, unaware of the fact that Hyunsu was dead, had tried to fight him, her voice just as eerie as before. Luckily, she was still a bit weak from the blows she had gotten before, so Seunghyun was able to escape.

He didn't have the heart to hurt such a small creature, especially not when his mate's life was in danger. She was just a child, really. Even if she was Hyunsu's own daughter, the demon just couldn't lay a finger on the tiny half-vampire. Had she harmed Jiyong, he would have gotten rid of her the moment she did. But since she didn't, he didn't see any point in killing her.

After that, he ran once again, but this time, carrying his hurt mate. He was holding the small, injured boy as gently as possible, yet sometimes he could still hear soft whimpers or groans of pain from his angel. His heart broke every single time he heard them, yet he knew that he couldn't stop.

And here he was, a mere hour later, staring at his now conscious dragon. Jiyong's eyes were a little clouded, probably from the high dosage of painkillers he had been given. The doctor said that he would still be in pain though, since his body was going to heal itself slowly. At this type and amount of damage on one's body, the healing process wasn't going to be easy or painless. 

The demon wished that he could take his baby dragon's pain away. He hated seeing how sometimes his face scrunched up, even as he was unconscious. He loathed the soft hisses and groans he would hear sometimes. But he knew that he couldn't do anything.

Also, Jiyong had been given transfusion as he had lost a lot of blood. The doctor was actually shocked that he was still alive. It seemed like he barely survived though. Had he stayed there in that cursed room for another hour or so, he couldn't have been saved.

But it seemed like the tiny creature had escaped death once again. Even after such a short time, he looked remarkably better. Some nurse had cleaned him up and the doctor had treated his wounds, which meant that he wasn't so dirty anymore. Seunghyun could clearly remember how torn his clothes were, how blood-stained his pale face was.

Compared to that, he almost looked like nothing had happened. Some color had already returned to his cheeks, though most of it was hidden by the band-aids on it. He was now wearing a hospital gown that made him look a lot smaller. And still, Seunghyun was relieved.

"What happened to him?"He heard the shaky words suddenly. He sighed and kissed Jiyong's nose gently, a bittersweet smile on his lips.

"He'd been taken care of."He said after a minute of silence. Jiyong nodded a little, smiling up at the older weakly.

"You're okay, right?"He asked suddenly, concern evident in his voice as the events of the past hours slowly flashed up in his mind one by one. His head still hurt, and to be honest, he was still terrified. But.. Seunghyun had been hurt too. He knew it because he could hear the fight.

The demon chuckled, ever so gently ruffling his mate's hair. "Of course I am, baby."He said, smiling and the tiny boy."And now you are, too."He added, kissing Jiyong's forehead.

"I.. I was so scared..."The dragon said suddenly, his voice shaky as he looked into the older man's eyes, his eyes still filled with fear."It... It..."He didn't finish the sentence as tears slowly filled his once always happy, cheerful eyes.

The demon kissed all those tears away, letting his mate cry quietly. Sometimes he would whisper soothing words to the boy, knowing that he had to let it out. He knew that what had happened to Jiyong was beyond serious. Hadn't he been the boy's mate, the young dragon would have been terrified of him.

"Everything will be alright, okay?"He whispered, kissing Jiyong's moist lips when the boy had finally stopped crying. He knew that this state of his was only going to get worse, it was obvious. But he was also aware of the fact that he couldn't say nothing will be okay to such a fragile creature.

Jiyong nodded a little, sluggishly reaching out for his mate's hand. "Help me to sit up, please.."He whispered, looking away. He felt so pathetic for not being strong enough to sit up by himself. But he wanted to do something, so whether it was embarrassing or not, he needed the older man's help.

Seunghyun bit into his lower lip. He hated seeing his little angel this weak and helpless. Though he knew that Jiyong shouldn't move too much, he couldn't help but slowly help him into a sitting position, his hands on the tiny male's back even after the younger was sitting.

"I wanna hug you.."Jiyong whispered, slowly outstretching his small arms. He winced as the pain cursed through his veins, but he didn't care. He had to be in the man's arms.

Seunghyun ever so gently wrapped his arms around his mate's frail body, kissing the top of his head gently. "I'm here.."He whispered as he felt Jiyong tremble in his arms again. The tiny dragon looked up at him with eyes shining from tears.

"I know..."He whispered, a soft smile gracing his pale lips. "It's just hard to believe that it's over."