Insecurities

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys :D From now on, I won't update two GTOP fics in a day xD Buut whatever, I'll hope that you'll enjoy this chap. I guess :D


The next day came agonizingly slowly for both the demon, and his mate. For Seunghyun, it was because of the family dinner. His mother, who had once stopped asking him about his mate, had suddenly started throwing questions about Jiyong at him, expecting a minute-long response to all of them. It was obvious that she already liked the small dragon. Of course she did, and not only because he was her son's mate.

Jiyong sounded like a truly adorably person. She had always liked kids, that's why she started working as a kindergarten teacher when she was young, and that's how her mate found her when he was taking his sister home one day, and she was fascinated by the idea of meeting such a young dragon. And, honestly... The adoration in Seunghyun's eyes as he spoke about the young creature was enough to make her want to meet him. He truly sounded like a sweet kid. She had already thought of him as a part of their family, and it was a big word from her. Being a demon, she excelled at hiding her emotions and thinking cold-headedly about many things. But now as she thought about her son's mate, she felt like she could jump out of her skin. And... She kind of felt like she had gained another son.

Of course, the main source of happiness still wasn't how cute Jiyong sounded. It was how happy he had made Seunghyun. It was obvious that the demon was head over heels for his mate, and that he was truly joyful. Just by the glint in his eyes, the woman could tell that everything was going to be perfect from those two now on. But.. Deep down she wished that she could meet the young dragon already. And still, she didn't voice her thoughts out, knowing that whatever had happened was serious and he needed time. Her husband, though cold and silent on the outside, actually enjoyed watching how happy his family was now. He had made a mental note to welcome the dragon to the family once it was time.

Jiyong's night was worse than ever. He kept thinking about the vampire... Every single time he closed his eyes, waiting for sleep to take over, he would see him, mouthing those short, yet terrifying words. "I'll come for you.". He couldn't even fall asleep despite the fact that he was extremely exhausted. He just wanted to think, and later on dream about his real mate, yet images of the bloodsucking male kept plaguing his mind. In the end, he fell asleep around two or three, well after he should have. And even then, the only thing he could hear was the cold laugh of the vampire, whispering Jiyong's name almost sweetly.

Needless to say, when Jiyong woke up, he was more tired, than ever. He finally managed to force his eyes open, only to shut them again because of the seemingly cruel ray of sunlight that had blinded him temporarily. Yet he could still feel the soft caress of said star on his cheek, immediately forgetting about how he hated it just a moment ago.

Sluggishly, he slid off his bed, knowing that his mate was coming. He hoped that a shower would help him wake up a bit more. As he undressed, he barely glanced into the mirror, afraid of what he would see. For once, he was happy that his mind was still fogged, at least he could barely register his own ugliness. Oh, how he wished that those disgusting scars would disappear and he would look more healthy. He sighed, closing his eyes as he stood under the cold water, letting it hit his bare skin and his hair mercilessly. He winced whenever the icy droplets would fall on one of his scars, apparently, they were much more sensitive than the rest of his skin. But he needed to wake up, so he didn't care. He actually enjoyed standing there with closed eyes, listening to the almost soothing music of the water hitting the titles.

After almost half an hour, he finally felt somewhat refreshed. He quickly washed his hair since the only thing he had been doing was standing there under the shower, and rinsed it, shaking it like a dog would. He slowly stumbled out of the shower, almost slipping on the towel that had been laid on the titles. He mumbled something to himself before grabbing two towels, one for his hair, and one for his body of course.

He tied the larger towel around his waist and raised his eyes until he was staring into the mirror. He winced at the dark shadows under his eyes. It was obvious that he had barely slept all night.

His eyes wandered to his neck where the teethmarks were still visible. He cringed, remembering how it felt as they sank into his flesh. He recalled how much it hurt as all of his power left his body. He wavered a little and glared at his reflection. He hated being this weak. He had everything now, yet he let his past haunt him. He felt so pathetic. "You're disgusting.."He whispered to the pink haired boy in the mirror. "Leave..."He added, but he knew that it wouldn't happen. He still had to face himself. And now, Seunghyun wasn't there to help him.

He was almost glad that he wasn't. He knew that his mate loved him, hopefully as much as he did, but he also knew that Seunghyun would just hold him. Of course, it felt nice, but every single time the demon wasn't him, he could see himself, or the vampire. Seunghyun just made him forget about the things temporarily. If he left... Jiyong was weak again. And he didn't like how dependent he was on his mate, even though he loved him more than anything. It just didn't feel... Right, maybe. 

He sighed and looked for some clothes, hoping to forget the image of his skinny, ugly body before his mate would arrive. Somehow, he managed to smile when he thought of the demon coming for him. Maybe it was his love that made him smile. Maybe it was the fact that he knew that his mate, his protector... His Seunghyun was coming for him.

After he had dressed up, he sat on his bed, looking around in his now tidy room. He managed to forget about his insecurities, his ugliness because he kept his mind occupied.

And the moment he heard the distinct sound of knocks on the door, he ran downstairs, knowing that his mate was that. He threw the door open, a huge smile on his face. He was ready to throw himself into his mate's arms..

But the man standing in the door wasn't Seunghyun.


:P Keke I feel so evil xD