The Worst Kind of Nightmares

The Story of a Broken Dragon

AN: Hi guys ^^ Thank you for those who suggested me going on a hiatus xD I would, but in the end, I'd give up xDD Well, whatever. I hope that this chap. will be okay ^^


Before Seunghyun could have noticed, Jiyong fell asleep in his arms. The small boy was breathing evenly, his heartbeat steady as he slept deeply. The demon smiled softly, carefully lifting the boy up a little and laying him down so his head was on his lap so he would be a bit more comfortable. Jiyong let out a soft groaning sound, but he didn't wake up.

The older man smiled, gently brushing some hair out of his beautiful dragon's face. He slowly leant in and placed his lips on the younger's temple. Pulling away, he chuckled inwardly when he noticed the tiny smile that was tugging at the end of the young boy's lips."You're so beautiful, love..."The demon whispered, looking at his mate's flawless face. Maybe he was still very pale, and his cheekbones stuck out more than they should have, but Jyong was truly gorgeous. And Seunghyun knew it. He knew it, and many times did he think that he couldn't be happier to have someone like the boy as his mate. Of course, he thought about that a lot, but still.. Sometimes he still wondered if he deserved such a stunning, innocent creature. But he... he hadn't done anything in his life to deserve this boy. He hadn't done anything bad, to be honest, but he never really did anything good either...

The demon would always shrug off these thoughts. Jiyong was his, for whatever reason, and the only thing he could do now was being grateful for his mate. He had sworn many times now that he was going to love the dragon more than anyone ever could. He truly admired the tiny creature that was at the moment resting on his lap.

He smiled softly, playing with a lock of his mate's pink hair absentmindedly. He slowly rested his hand on the boy's cheek and let out a content sigh. Although he wanted to progress in their relationship, even if it didn't even mean physical things, just for example dating, he knew that he had to well.. take it slow. He knew that Jiyong was very delicate and got hurt easily both physically and emotionally, so he knew that he had to be really careful with what he'd done. And this explains why he was so happy whenever the little dragon initiated a hug or a kiss. They were rare, mainly the kisses, but they still made him glad.

Jiyong stirred slightly and let out a soft whimper. Seunghyun looked at him immediately, noticing the tiny tear sitting in the corner of the younger's beautiful eyes. He wiped gently, not letting it fall. "Shh, angel, it's okay..."He whispered soothingly, leaning in to kiss the boy's forehead in hope of calming him down. But Jiyong whimpered again, fresh tears gathering in his eyes.

"Don't..."He whispered in his sleep, his voice sounding like he was begging someone. Seunghyun kissed his tears away, whispering soothing words between the tender kisses.

But this time, Jiyong didn't calm down. In his nightmare, Seunghyun was leaving him, and he was only giving him the last kisses, same as he had gotten from him. Instead of the calm whisper the demon was actually saying, he could hear cruel yells, saying how he was ugly and tainted. Deep down, he knew that he was in a state of sleep. Yet he felt like he was unable to escape. It felt like those cold, angry words were echoing in his head, even if eh tried to shut them out. He felt like he was slowly dying, but not from pain. His heart hurt, yet all of his wounds near it had healed already. He felt scared and lonely... So, so lonely... And Seunghyun left him.

A soft cry left the dragon's lips, making Seunghyun wince again. He had been trying to wake or at least soothe his mate for some time now, but he couldn't. Sometimes, incoherent words would leave the smaller boy's lips, worrying his mate even more. The demon sighed and kissed his mate's teary cheek gently, whispering "I love you.." to the sleeping boy almost inaudibly. He hoped that the almost infant-like creature would wake up... And deep down, he also hoped that Jiyong would tell him what had frightened him so much in his dreams. Oh, how he yearned to know everything about the younger's past. Mostly because he wanted to know what he had missed from his stunning mate's life... But only mostly. His other reason was that he wanted to know who had heart his tiny dragon leaving so many scars in the small boy's souls. He wanted to know, because he wanted to kill them. Maybe slowly, maybe not... He knew that if he had ever found them, he would most possibly torture them until they could still cry out. Why? Because they - or most possibly he - had hurt his mate, his life, his Jiyong.

Maybe the boy's visible wounds were minor, but his heart was scarred forever. And Seunghyun sort of blamed himself for not finding him in time. He felt so guilty, and quite a few times it made him wonder if he could ever forgive himself. But... at least it was him he had found Jiyong...

"S...Seunghyun.."Jiyong whispered brokenly, his voice barely audible as his eyes finally fluttered open slowly. "You're here..."He added, shakily reaching out and putting a hand on his mate's face. He had been so, so scared. Yet now that Seunghyun was there, he felt at peace. He felt like his nightmare would never come true. But those feelings still couldn't stop the couple of tears that ran down his cheeks.

"Of course I am, love. Why would I not be?"The demon questioned, placing his hand on the dragon's, keeping it there. "I won't ever leave you.."He said, not waiting for a reply as he leant in and placed a soft kiss in the corner of the small boy's mouth. "I promise..."He added, kissing his forehead quickly.

Jiyong's cheeks were a deep crimson color, but he had calm down slightly. So it had only been a nightmare. It was terrifying for sure, but it was just a nightmare nothing else...

"Thank you.."He whispered softly, sitting up slowly. He turned to his mate and scooted closer to him, laying his head on the older man's shoulder. "Really.."He added and a soft smile sat on his lips as he grabbed the older man's hand, intertwining their fingers. After a few minutes of silence, he suddenly spoke again. "Seunghyun... I want to tell you about my past."