Kom ba wa Oppa

sunbae or soulmate

 

Sulli did not see Minho ever since the last dinner. She was pretty sure Minho could not remember anything too since he was dead drunk then.

Sulli hanged out with her members all day long since then to practise for their debut at music bank tomorrow. 

The day for debut came. The FX girls were excited and nervous at the same time. Under the companionship of Manager Oppa, they went earlier to the broadcast station for their rehearsal and make up in preparation for their stage. The pre-debut publicity worked well and FX has already garnered a substantial fanbase who came to support them.

Luna: “I can’t believe we are debuting today. She group hugged all her members. Our hard work and sweat all for today!”

Sulli: “let’s take a picture.” The group took a few pictures with Sulli’s phone and she uploaded it onto her me2day with caption “Debut stage. Please show us love. Thank You.”

 

In the vehicle

Jong Hyun checked his phone and saw Sulli’s upload: “ahhh, today is FX’s debut stage. We will see them later at the broadcasting station; shall we buy a cake to congratulate them?”

Key: “of cos we should, it slipped my mind that they are debuting today. Let’s buy one from here.” Asking driver to stop them outside a pastry shop.

Onew: “who shall go and buy?”

Jong Hyun: “Not me, is colddddddd outside. Maknae?”

Taemin: “Hyung, why me again? It is really cold….. please??”

Minho: “I will go.”

Key: “Jinjiat? Wahhh…. The one who likes to sleep during every free time is going to buy the cake now. Key suspected something fishy but since he too didn’t want to leave the warmth of the van, he didn’t persist to ask more. “ Wellll… okok.. at least someone is going. Kamsahamida.”

Minho wore his cap and jacket and went to the pastry shop. He bought a cake and asked the staff to decorate it with icing sugar coated wordings: “Congratulations FX on your debut”

Just as he was about to leave the shop, he saw a rabbit shaped cookie that looked familiar and giggled.

At the broadcasting station

FX girls were in the holding room, waiting for their slot to perform. Shinee parked the cake with their manager before entering the holding room to prepare for their stage too.

The FX girls were shocked to see Shinee around.

Luna: “Oppa, you are performing too?”

Onew:“Neh, didn’t you see the run down, we are right after you girls. Cos of our busy schedule, we didn’t get to come early to rehearse.”

Minho already spotted Sulli sitting at a corner with Krystal and Victoria. She is really pretty today.

Sulli became tensed after seeing Minho around but she pretended to be normal and continued to be in a conversation with Krystal and Victoria.   

Manager: “Shinee and FX, stand by.”

They were all ushered into a lift to go down four levels to the studio. The lift is just nice to house only Shinee plus a manager Hyung at normal times. Although FX girls were all rather small size, the lift today will be really tight if everyone boards the same lift.

Sulli was the first to enter the lift, and she stood at the right corner. She was about to turn around and pull Krystal along when all the other members including Shinee tumbled in at the same time.  

She heard her Manager: “it is just four levels down, let’s squeeze a bit.”

Manager Oppa must have shoved everyone in. She thought.

Sulli looked around to check where her members were but she can only see taller heads around her. She realised there were some operation crew oppas standing beside her in the lift as well…. no wonder the lift is so cramped.  Sigh…

Her gaze finally stopped at the person standing in front of her. This back… this outfit….she knew it was Minho straight away….

The lift opened its door after descending two levels. Minho heard someone shouting “sorry, we need to go to the studio urgently, please make some space.”

More people were being shoved into the lift, pushing against everyone. Sulli thought that the operation crew oppas standing beside her will just crash on her anytime. She clasped her hand and prayed for this lift ride to end immediately, when she saw Minho suddenly turn his back towards her, lean forward and naturally placed his left hand on her right shoulder, using his left arm to create a barricade between her and the operation crew.

Sulli’s gaze moved from Minho’s hand that was parked on her shoulder to his toned arm and then to his face.

Minho quickly turned his head to look at the top of the lift, avoiding Sulli’s eyes.  He knew Sulli was behind her all the while and when people came pushing in, he just naturally wanted to protect her from being squashed by others.

Sulli is saved from the operation crew oppas, but now she is even more nervous as she was locked in that lift corner by Minho. She cannot move an inch cos there is simply no more space. She can smell the perfume on Minho, breathed in slowly and deeply, trying to soothe her nerves.

“Kom ba wa.. sunbae.” She thanked him softly but kept her eyes fixed at the accessory that was on his chest throughout to avoid his eye contact.

“Are you thanking my necklace or me, isn’t it rude to speak to someone without looking at him?” Minho was amused when he sees Sulli being shy. He asked softly, with a teasing tone.

Sulli pouted naturally: “Aniyo, I was just … admiring the accessory.” She tried to hide her shyness.

Minho didn’t stop questioning: “then why sunbae again? Haven’t you changed to calling me oppa already?”

Sulli forgot how close she was to Minho, lifted her head and stared at him in bewilderment. “huh?”, only to see a pair of big round eyes looking back at her.

The lift door opened finally at the studio floor. Minho smiled with a smirk and patted Sulli’s head before scooting off to join s.

Sulli’s POV

“He remembered what happened that night?”…. Arggggg.. otokae… Sulli hit her own forehead. She knew Minho will never give up to make her call him Oppa, especially when she did actually call him that when they…... when they almost kissed…  “omo… did he also hear her whisper “I love you” Arggggggggg… I wanted to go home and hide in my blanket. What have I done???”

Victoria: Sulli, are you ok? It is our turn soon.

Sulli could not care for less at this point. Her members and her debut stage are more important now. “Neh Eunnie, hwaiting!”

 

Fx girls: “Hooray, debut stage is successful.” They hi-five one another and did another cheer “FX Hwaiting!”

They took more photos at the corridor since it was a day worth remembering. As they returned to their holding room, they were welcomed with poppers by the cordis and managers as Shinee presented the cake which they bought.

Shinee and all: “Chu Ka Ha Mi da”

The FX girls were touched and thrilled.

Manager: “come, let’s gather for a picture and we can post it on SMTOWN official page.”“ Sulli, I can’t see your face, move to the back where Minho is since you are tall enough.”

Sulli unwillingly dragged her feet to the back. She remembered her conversation with Minho in the lift, and stood beside Minho, with an obvious gap in between them.

Minho noticed the gap: “Ya, you think Oppa will eat you up?” he pulled at her wrist, and make her stand in front of him to close any possible gap.

Manager: “Ha too sen… kimchi!”   

Sulli felt something being slotted into her hand from behind just as the group dispersed. She lowered her head to check what it was. She heard Minho whisper in her ears: “For you.”

Minho went to join his Shinee boys to eat the cake immediately, pretended nothing has happened.

Sulli smiled as she saw that it was a cute rabbit-shaped cookie. She turned to the back and saw these wordings in icing sugar.

Chu ka ha mi da, princess Sulli. Na do Saranghaeyo. From Oppa

Sulli couldn’t hide her happiness and her heart melted. She saw the words ‘na do’ on the cookie and straight away knew that Minho heard her that night. She twirled the cookie and smiled again.

Krystal: Sulli, what are you playing with? She snatched the cookie from Sulli and showed off to the other members. “Eunnies, Sulli has a cookie and there is a personal message ‘saranghaeyo… from Oppa”

Sulli snatched the cookie back from Krystal immediately: “Ya, Krystal, give it back to me.”

The commotion has already attracted the Shinee boys who were in the same room and they pressurized her to show them the cookie as well.

Key: “Sulli, show us the cookie? Where did you get it from?”

Sulli secretly looked at Minho who also gave a worried face.

Sulli: “Key Oppa, it is just a normal cookie… from…from”

Minho threw glances at Sulli: “must be from your fan right?”

Sulli: “Neh… neh… a nam ja fan gave it to me after I performed.”

Krystal sulked: “jinjiat? How come the rest of us don’t have?”

Sulli: “Aye… may be you didn’t spot the fan so he can’t pass it to you.” Sulli put her arms around her best friend Krystal and gave a little hug which managed to stop this conversation from continuing.

She heaved a sigh of relief, turned to look at Minho with her smiley eyes and mouthed these words ‘Kom ba wa,  Oppa!”

 

 

Minho’s POV

Minho is smiling from ear to ear upon seeing Sulli mouthing the words. He can’t help smiling to himself and felt a sweet feeling flowing through his whole body.

Taemin: “Hyung, did something happen to you? You seemed extreme happy today?” Taemin is the most innocent member who is oblivious to things happening around which is why Minho also didn’t need to hide his happiness in front of him.

Minho: “Aniyo… the weather is good today.”

“Good weather?” Taemin wind down the window and watched the heavy rain, thinking Minho must be mad to crack such a lame joke . “Hyung, you are really funny.”

 

Sulli’s POV

It was a day worth remembering. Sulli held the cookie in her hand and recalled what happened earlier in the lift and holding room. She turned the cookie over and read the message again, and giggled from shyness.

 Victoria came into the room and caught her giggling. “Whei yo? Anything funny to share?”

Sulli: “Eunnie… I…” She paused. Sulli has never hidden anything from her leader. She was close to Victoria and they talked about everything under the sun. Sulli really treated her as her real eunnie or even her omma, but she knew there are certain things she can’t share now.

Sulli: “Aniyo eunnie, I am just so so so so so happy cos we debuted.” She went over and gave Victoria a hug.

Victoria: “Hahahhaa… me too. But that means we have more work to do and we need to be more hardworking. Manager Oppa just told me that we are invited to perform at Gayo special, so we need to continue our practise.”

Sulli: “Jinjiat Eunnie, so we are performing our new songs at Gayo? Daebak!”

Victoria: “Neh, and we have a special stage with Shinee too.”

Sulli’s eyes lit up upon hearing “Shinee”….. So she will see Minho again?