Finally... a short time to meet

sunbae or soulmate

“I am already at the rehearsal for the Seoul Music Award, or di soh?” Minho immediately sent a message to Sulli once he arrived at the venue for the Seoul Music Award.

“Oppa. You are late. I am already at backstage with suju hyungs.”Sulli replied.

Due to the comeback, Shinee has been spending their time practising their dance steps. Hence, they were also one of the latest groups to reach the venue today.

Minho thought finally he will have a chance to hang around with Sulli in the midst of his busy practice schedule but he was wrong. 

Shinee was straight away ushered into a frenzy rush as the organiser ran through the ceremony run down with them. Before they could even catch a breather, they were asked to proceed to the main stage to await for the opening ceremony.

Minho had already saw Sulli walking towards the stage. Sulli merely exchanged glances with Minho as there were many artistes around but Minho didn’t bother and kept his eyes on Sulli. It was then he realized how much he has missed Sulli during this period of time.

Minho had earlier told Sulli that he will be busy with his comeback and that he might not be able to contact her for some time. To this, Sulli is very understanding and she really did not bother Minho during his comeback practices ever since she last saw them in the company.

The busy practices indeed had taken a fair bit of time from Minho that he really has no time to even meet Sulli for just a short while. His time for sleeping has reduced, much so the time used for messaging and calling Sulli.

Shinee and FX were arranged to be seated at two different tables during the award ceremony, but Minho naturally will still gear his attention towards Sulli who was sitting at the next table. Although there wasn’t any time to chat, just purely watching Sulli from a distance seems satisfactory for Minho too.

Shinee will have to resume their practices again right after the award ceremony, hence Minho tried to find a chance to catch up with Sulli during the ending stage, but the other labelmates around him had created much difficulties for him to even get close to Sulli.

Minho sighed in his heart as he could merely stare at Sulli from a far. Minho was still thinking of a way to talk to Sulli without much suspicion when Eun Hyuk suddenly turned his back towards him to give him a hug and started whining: “Minho ah, the FX dong sengs are pushing me..”

Sulli was pushing against Eun Hyuk for him to make space for her as she followed Krystal to dash past Minho to return to the back stage.

“Oppa.. kai kae” Sulli squeezed Minho’s shoulder in that split moment, careful that Eun Hyuk oppa didn’t catch her and ran off with Krystal.

Minho hasn’t even got time to react from this and Sulli and Krystal had already left the stage, followed by Taemin and Key. He turned his head towards the backstage and sulked: “Yaaaa where are they going?”

Eun Hyuk placed his arms around Minho’s shoulder, seeing his upset facial expression: “Sulli and Krystal are going for a recording, heard is tarot cards reading or something.”

Minho’s saddened face is obvious and Eun Hyuk was puzzled, thinking that Minho was probably upset as Taemin and Key had ran off without him.

Eun Hyuk: “Don’t be sad, see Taemin and Key are back. They are just being playful to run to the backstage with the FX girls.”

Nonetheless, signs of happiness didn’t return to Minho’s face as the reason is obviously not Taemin nor Key.

++++++++++++++++++++

Minho immediately sent a text message over to Sulli once he got hold of his phone: “I intended to catch you just now, but didn’t know you have a schedule to rush to. I miss you.”

Sulli replied: “I miss you too Oppa. Looking forward to your comeback. We can meet up when you have time. Fighting!”

Before long, it has come to the annual Chinese new year celebration and this was probably the only time when everyone has at least some time to visit their relatives for the celebration. 

Today, Minho had set off to return home in Incheon. The rest of the members were also taking time to return to their home origins to see their grandparents and relatives.

Sulli was also on her way back to Illsan as she typed a message to Minho: “Oppa, Happy New Year. Are you on your way to Incheon already? Have a good break before your comeback. Wish you good health and happiness. ;)”

Minho smirked as he read Sulli’s message. He called her instead of his usual messaging.

Minho: “Or di soh?”

Sulli: “Oppa! Hahahhaa… on my way back home. Are you on your way too?”

Minho: “Neh… too bad we are rather far, else we could have met for a short while.”

Sulli: “hahaha… ken cha na oppa… oh.. Victoria Eunnie is staying in seoul for new year this year, so I am going back to the dorm the day after to accompany her and also to eat her cooking, do you want to come? Some composers and lyricists will be there too.”

Minho: “erm… I will see if I have returned to seoul by then… may want to stay in Incheon longer.”

Although disappointed, Sulli understand that it is more important to spend more time with the family, especially for Minho who is always so busy. “Oppa, Ken Cha na, you better spent more time with your family since you are always not around. I will see you back in company then. Happy New Year!”

Minho: “Neh… Happy New Year!”

Minho hanged up the phone call and regretted for rejecting Sulli after sensing the slight disappointment in her voice.

He texted Chang Min and Kyu Hyun: “Hyungs… do you guys want to meet the day after? There is a mini gathering with Victoria Noona’s cooking. Let me know.”

Then he texted another message to Victoria: “Noona, heard from Sulli there is a mini gathering at your dorm for Chinese new year, will you welcome the kyulines?”

++++++++++++++

Sulli curled up on her bed after dinner. It has been a while since she had such good food and laid in her own bed. She stretched her body and played with her pet dog on her bed and switched on the TV, only to realize that the next upcoming programme is Shinee’s Wonderful Day.

“Ahhh… so this is why Minho Oppa and Key Oppa had to fly to London after the KJ Town concert.” Sulli thought to herself and smiled as she recalled how she had tried to avoid seeing Minho due to the fans responses but Minho Oppa had been firm to keep this relationship.

The show started and Sulli watched with envy as the oppas could choose their own destination and plan their own travel schedule. She updated in her me2day to show her support for Shinee’s Oppa's show and also to share how envious she was.

Seconds later, Minho updated in the me2day too, asking for support from the fans to watch the programme.

Sulli’s phone rang at this juncture, and it was Minho who called.

Sulli: “Ohhhh Oppa”

Minho: “You are watching wuri’s programme? Hee hee..”

Sulli smiled: “Neh… so envious of you all. I want to go travelling and have fun too.”

Minho: “Where do you like to go?”

Sulli: “Erm…. Many places.. Paris… Madrid… England…. Hahaha..”

Minho: “We can go together next time.”

Sulli paused and remained silence.

Minho: “Yoebusaeyo… Are you there?”

Sulli: “Neh…”

Minho: “Why did you become silent? You don’t want to go travelling with me?”

Sulli: “Aniyo… just that this seems like a very far-fetched dream which I don’t even know if it will happen….”

Just then Onew’s singing of the theme song for their drama was showed on the current programme and both Minho and Sulli remained silence while holding on to their phones as Onew’s singing brought them to reminisce the good times they shared during the shooting of the drama.

Minho: “Trust me Sulli. Remember how I have promised to bring you to camping in the drama, I am sure we are able to really travel together one day.”

Sulli giggled: “Alarsoh… but I still don’t want to go camping in the winter. Hahaha..”

Their conversation continued into the night as Minho shared with Sulli about other things that happened during his trip that were not broadcasted. It is only when they were alone that they are able to chat so freely…

==============================

“Eunnie, I am back. Happy new year!” Sulli gave Victoria a warm hug as she returned to her dorm.

Victoria: “welcome back Sulli. I am so bored without anyone with me for the past two days.”

Sulli: “I smell nice food already. Eunnie, do you need help? What time are the rest coming? I knew Krystal, Luna and Amber are not going to make it.”

Victoria: “Should be around this time, you can help me lay the table, for 6 people.”

Sulli: “6? Who else is coming?”

Ding Dong….

Victoria: “Wa so… Sulli, help me open the door, I will go to the kitchen to check my soup.”

Sulli went to open the door and saw the lyricist from the door’s peep hole.

“Eunnie, they are here.” Sulli opened the door and gasped when there are two more people around.

“Sulli, An yeong…Happy New Year.” Chang Min flashed his brightest smile at Sulli and laughed in shyness at Sulli’s shocked face.

“An yeong Sulli.” Standing with Chang Min is Minho who was removing his shoes.

Sulli continued to gasp in shock and stood at the door till Victoria came out from the kitchen.

Victoria: “Ohhh.. Wa So… come on in, why are you all standing outside?”

Sulli nudged Minho and gave him a “Why are you here” look, but Minho just shrugged his shoulder and giggled.

Chang Min was about to sit beside Sulli when Minho came over and playfully snatched his seat: ‘Hyung, I want to sit here.” And he literally pushed Chang Min to sit beside Victoria.

Sulli threw a glance at Minho, still wanting to know why they were here, but Minho just pretended nothing has happened and started eating.

Having no choice, Sulli asked Chang Min Oppa instead.

Sulli asked: “Chang Min Oppa, how’s your new year? I didn’t know you will come today since you are always so busy.”

Chang Min: “I was busy but Minho was begging me to come along with him so I came.”

That sentence caused Sulli to giggle but Minho choked on his food when he heard Chang Min mentioned that he begged him to come. Minho started coughing non-stop after that.

Chang Min: “Omo.. ken cha na?” but Minho can’t seem to stop.

Victoria: “Do you want to go to the rest room?”

Minho nodded as he couldn’t speak and continue to cough as if something was stuck in his throat.

Sulli: “I will bring him there.”

Sulli led Minho to the restroom and he started coughing into the sink. Sulli kept patting on his back, hoping to help him get rid of the food that was stuck.

“Are you feeling better?” Sulli asked after seeing that the coughing has sort of stopped.

Minho washed his mouth and nodded while Sulli handed him some water.

Sulli continued to watch Minho with her concerned eyes and started nagging: “That’s why I said you should eat slowly… it is dangerous to gobble down your food every time. It is fortunate that nothing serious happened.”

Minho looked at Sulli impatiently and he suddenly started coughing again. This time, he seemed to be in great pain as he held his palms to his heart in grimace.

“Whei whei? What happened?” Sulli was shocked to see him reacting in such a way, but Minho couldn’t articulate a word but kept pointing to his chest.

Sulli placed her hands over Minho’s hand on his chest and started rubbing: “Whei??? You mean is painful here? May be is heartburn?”

Minho nodded and Sulli continued to rub his chest with her hands to soothe the pain. Sulli was still puzzled why choking can cause heartburn, not realizing that Minho is already trying to hide his giggle.

 

“Ok, that’s enough.” Minho smiled and held tightly to Sulli’s hand.

“You sounded perfectly ok now.” Sulli stopped rubbing and was still happy with Minho’s speedy recovery when she spotted the giggle on his face.

“Whei?? Why are you giggling?” Sulli looked in puzzle, but Minho continued to smile and remain quiet.

“YAHHHH.. You tricked me again?” Sulli whined and pulled her hands away from Minho, but Minho just refused to let her go.

“Bi Ya Ne. I just want to see your cute face when you are worried about me..” Minho pulled Sulli towards him and pecked her on the cheeks before hugging her. “Sulli, I really miss you”

 Sulli smiled: “I know.. if not you wouldn’t have begged Chang Min Oppa to come with you. Hahahaha”

Minho:  “Ya!!!”