Kimchi Fried Rice

sunbae or soulmate

 

Drama shooting began almost immediately one day after the meeting. The crew had to rush out at least two episodes before the official press conference four days later and everyone is careful not to have too many NGs.

Today is the filming of the first episode with the kiss scene between Kang Tae Joon and Goo Jae Hee.

 

During break time:

Sulli: “Oppa, otokae…I am nervous for the next scene. I think I can’t even breathe properly now.”

“Ken Cha Na?” Minho rubbed her back, though he is feeling even more nervous himself.

“Oppa, I will just stand still and you will just give me a peck, let’s do it in one shot, it is just too pressurising with so many people looking at me.” Sulli reminded Minho again.

“Alarsoh, how many times do you need to tell me? I am a professional, what do you take me for?” Minho pushed Sulli’s shoulder lightly and smirked: “Or shall we practise now?”

“SHIRO…”Sulli slapped his arms, knowing he is playing with her again.

 

“Cut. Let’s do it again.” This is the 7th times that they are re-doing this kiss scene.

Director: “Minho ah, you have done very well for the earlier scenes, why are you stuck at this particular one? Or you enjoy kissing Sulli huh?’

The director’s comments meant to be a joke but it make Minho and Sulli blush in embarrassment.

“Aniya… I am just… shy… one more take… one more take.” Minho tried to cover his embarrassment but saw Sulli glaring at him.

Minho: “Whei???? Why are you glaring at me?”

Sulli whispered: “Oppa, you did it on purpose right?”

Minho avoided Sulli’s eyes with a guilty conscience: “Mwo?? Aniya… I am really nervous.” 

Minho’s POV

He can’t believe he had NG 7 times. This is not the first time he had kissed Sulli, but his heart is pumping so fast now every time he sees Sulli’s in her eyes. "Aishhhhhh…. Why does she always have the ability to control my emotions and reactions…."  He thought and slapped his face, trying to manage his nerves…. but just as Sulli guessed, deep in his heart, he is secretly feeling happy to NG this particular scene over and over again.

 

Minho finally managed to wrap the kiss scene with the 8th attempt and they finally ended the shooting for that day.

“I am hungry, can we go grab something to eat before we head back?” Minho suggested to Manager Hyung as it is quite common for the Shinee boys to go for a meal after their shows too.

“I will need to go pick up Onew and Taemin from a schedule. Why not I send Sulli back and then drop you at the eatery before I go pick the rest up?” Manager Hyung offered, while checking the other Shinee’s members schedule.

Sulli caught Minho shooting her a glance and she raised her hand immediately: “Ah.... Oppa.. I am hungry. I want to grab a bite too.”

Manager Hyung: “Alarsoh, then I will drop both of you at the usual eatery Shinee always goes. They have private room so that no one will recognise both of you. I will come back and get you guys after that.”

Manager Hyung dropped both Sulli and Minho at the eatery and left to pick up Onew and Taemin.

 

Minho began to laugh like a king once Manager Hyung left: “Hahahahahah… finally it is time for both of us” and he held Sulli’s hand.

“Oppa!” Sulli lowered her head immediately and tried pulling her hand away from Minho but Minho held her hand very firmly in his.

“Ken cha na. Our members come here quite often so we know usually no one will be around at this time. Anyway with your new short hairdo, no one will recognise you.” He smirked and brought her to a cosy private room and there was a long table with a hot pan in the middle.

“Oppa, what are you eating? What is nice here?” Sulli asked while reading the menu to see what is available.

“Don’t bother to read, I will order.” He took the menu away from Sulli and left the room.

Minho came back shortly and sat beside Sulli.

Sulli: “Whei? Go and sit on the opposite side. Isn’t it weird to side by side with me when there are only two of us?” She tried pushing Minho away.

 

Sulli’s POV

Although she and Minho had hang around together much often due to FX’s and Shinee’s collaboration, this is still the first time both of them are having a meal ALONE, just like a normal couple. Sulli has been yearning for this kind of moment but she has always tried to be careful when in public area.

 

Nonetheless, it was Minho who seemed rather relax and chilled: “Aniyo, I am not moving anywhere. “ And he inched closer to Sulli.

“Ya… Oppa, if you are not moving then I will move.” And she started to get up. Just at this time, the server came in to deliver the side dishes as well as a bowl of plain rice, one bowl of kimchi, one plae of raw meat and a bowl of raw garnishes.

“Huh…. We still have to cook our supper?” Sulli sulked, thinking that she can just eat when the food arrives.

“Aniyo, I will cook your supper for you.” Minho smiled and started to fry the rice using the hot plate in the middle of the table.

Feeling curious, Sulli continued to sit beside Minho and watch him throw in the kimchi and garnishing. “He looks handsome even when he is cooking.” Sulli smiled to herself as she observed how serious he is.  

“Jiang.. kimchi fried rice! This is the best dish here.” Minho giggled and presented a plate of kimchi fried rice to Sulli.

“Wahhhhh…. Looks delicious…..Kombawa Oppa, but why are you suddenly cooking for me? Is it a special occasion today?” Sulli asked and dug her spoon into the rice.

“I cooked because you asked me to, don’t you remember?” Minho gave Sulli a wink.

 

*Flashback*

Minho: “ummmmmm…. Taste great…” He knew the kimbap was bought from the supermarket, yet he still yearned to see the facial expression on Sulli’s face whenever he .

Minho: “This is delicious. Did you make this? So now you can also make kimchi jigae, bibimbap and sangektang for me next time?”

Sulli slumped her shoulders and pouted upon hearing: “Aniyoooooo, I bought it. You jolly well know that I am not a good cook.”

Minho laughed and went closer to Sulli, whispering: “Actuallly…. I know. I would have thought so anyway. The kimbap would not have tasted so nice if you have made it.” and he bite another big portion off the kimbap that Sulli is holding.

Sulli gritted her teeth and hissed at Minho before giving him a hard pinch at his arms for making fun of her. Yet Minho doesn’t feel painful, but enjoys the moments when Sulli is irritated by him.

“Since you are so great, then why not you cook for me?” Minho heard Sulli’s requests but just ignored and started to update on his recent activities.

*End of flashback*

 

Sulli smiled: “mwo…?? Oppa, you still remember? I thought you didn’t take my words into mind at all.”

 

Minho: “I will always treat what my Princess Sulli said seriously.” And he fed her with another mouthful of fried rice.

 

Sulli smiled and gave Minho a tight back hug. Both were still engrossed in a world of their own when the door to the private room opened at this point ….. and there stood Jong Hyun with Key behind him.....