Gold medalist

sunbae or soulmate

 

“Ya Minho… why did you take so long to come back? We are all starving waiting for you.” Jong Hyun went to the door and helped Minho with the food.

 

“Oppa.. an yeong” Jong Hyun looked behind Minho and saw Sulli peeking her head to look at him.

 

“Ya. Sulli, you are here? No wonder someone is taking forever to come back.” Jong Hyun threw a hungry glance at Minho before bringing the food into the practice room.

 

“Sulli wa so..” Jong Hyun informed the other members who were all sprawling on the floor, almost dying from hunger.

 

“Oh Sulli… you are here to give your support? That’s so nice of you.” Innocent Taemin finally sat up to the smell of food before exchanged his greetings with Sulli.

 

“Bi Ya Ne Oppa, for making you all wait in hunger.” Sulli apologized.

 

“Why are you apologizing, it is Minho who was late. Haha…Wait….wait… you… you mean you both were together?” Onew looked at Sulli and then Minho in puzzle.

 

“ANIYO… I met Sulli at the door. I was late as I spent some time chasing after a cute little puppy who got lost along the street.” Minho giggled and threw a glance at Sulli who glared back at him and pouted like a puffer fish.

 

“Lost puppy??? That’s... er.... interesting….” Onew looked at Jong Hyun who might provide him with some enlightenment to what Minho was talking about, but Jong Hyun merely shrugged his shoulders and return to eating.

 

“Onew Oppa, when are you all coming back?” Can’t bear to see Onew being teased by his dong sengs, Sulli tried to steer the conversation to Shinee's comeback.

 

“Ahhhh.. Our comeback stage is In three weeks’ time… we are so busy now with recording, photoshoot and practice.” Onew sulked.

 

“Hyung… I am worse, I still have to go for a sports championship recording for two full days.” Minho whined.

 

Key: “Two full days? Manager allowed you to go? What about our practice?”

 

Minho shrugged: “I am leaving to Manager hyung to sort it out...I hope I can finish the race early.”

 

“Oppa, fighting. Win a gold medal again.” Sulli smiled and gave Minho her support.

 

+++++++++

 

Minho rushed to the stadium for the sports championship recording immediately after his photoshoot. Due to the comeback, he hasn’t been sleeping enough and the extreme tight schedule had already starting to take a toll on his body.

 

Minho had two items to compete in the sports championship which is the hurdles and high jump. Though he came in first during the hurdles qualifying round, he had felt some pain on his back while jumping over the hurdles. Bearing the pain, he insisted to go on with the final race to at least clinch a gold medal with the intention to give it to Sulli.

 

The race started and Minho’s main focus was the finishing line. He crossed a few hurdles and the pain on his back was so unbearable that he missed his footing and felt on to the track.

 

Minho could hear sounds of disappointment from the audience yet he could not bring himself up. Even if he can, he would still have lost the race as the other competitors had raced past.

 

Minho struggled to stand up and walk to the finishing line as several people came forward to check on him.

 

Manager hyung: “Ya… you hurt your back, we have to go to the hospital for a check up.”

 

“But hyung… I have another high jump segment…” Minho haven’t finish but manager hyung already cut in.

 

“You want your back or the race? Think about your come back, you know you can’t afford to be injured during this time. come,  Let's go, I will speak to the organiser."

 

Minho unwillingly followed his manager. Although he would have wanted to try his luck at the high jump segment, he knew what is more important at this juncture.

 

Sulli was in China for a schedule and not knowing Minho had injured himself, she continue to chirp like a bird with Krystal and manager oppa at the airport.

 

Sulli sent a text message to Minho to inform him that she is coming back and smirked to herself.

 

"Why are you smiling to yourself sulli?" krystal caught Sulli in extreme happy mood.

 

"Aniyo... I didn't... " but Sulli can't manage to hide the smirk on her face.

 

Totally amused by Sulli's reaction, Krystal started to giggle. "ya.. you really have a poker face. Oppa, look at Sulli's face, tell her which part of it is not laughing?"

 

"Every part is laughing even her nostrils." Manager Oppa replied which made Krystal laugh even more.

 

"yah!!! you all are so mean. haha...." sulli slapped manager's oppa arm and laughed together as well.

 

sulli was in a good mood as she is returning to Seoul and she can see Minho soon.

 

Upon touching down, sulli switched on her mobile data and strings of private messages from her fans begin to appear on her me2day page, telling her that minho is injured.

 

Sulli's mind turned blank for a moment. injured? what is going on? Sulli googled and finally read that Minho was injured during the sports championship and has since being sent to the hospital.

 

With the other members around, Sulli can only text Minho to ask how he is.

 

Sulli: "Oppa, I am back. you are injured? Ken cha na?"

 

Minho:"ken cha na...just that my medal had flew away..."

 

Sulli:"oppa, your well being is more important then anything else. don't feel sad. there wi'll still be chance next year. do you have time to see me today?"

 

Minho:"evening... after that I need to go back to the company for practice. where do you want to go? I will drive."

 

Sulli: "is ok. I see you directly at the cafe."

 

Sulli was already in one of the private room in the cafe when Minho arrived.

 

"Oppa... are you really ok?" Sulli turned Minho around again and again to  examine carefully.

 

"haha.. what are you doing? you think i will be missing a hand and leg?" minho removed his cap and coat and sat Sulli down.

 

"Oppa, this is not funny... do you know how worried I was?" sulli pouted and gave a worrying face.

 

"alarsoh. it is a little painful at the back but doctor said it will recover well if I don't exert too much force on it. is really a pity that I didn't win the medal." Minho sulked.

 

"Ya.. what's that for?" Minho continuing sulking and struggled away from the pinch that sulli gave him on his nose.

 

sulli: "the pinch is for giving me a sad face. I wanted minho's smiley face."

 

"orseob. .. no smiley face...." Minho sprawled on the table. .. "my fans would have been upset and disappointed."

 

"and now I declare choi minho as the gold medalist for the hurdles and high jump segment...." Sulli ownself created her fanfare music and walked up to Minho with a sash.

 

Minho sat up:" bo ya... what are you doing again?"

 

sulli ignored the puzzled minho and continue by fixing the sash around minho neck. " congratulations to the gold medalist choi minho" sulli announced formally and clapped.

 

"bwoooo. . hahaha.... what is this? Minho held up the medal which was fixed to the sash.

 

The medal was merely a cardboard that was covered all over by sulli's drawing and hand writing. There were words like 'fighting', 'Ken cha na', 'you are the best'... and he turned to the back of the cardboard which read ' you are the gold medalist in my heart'.

 

"wahhhhh..... jinjiat daebak!!!!! hahaha...." Minho was amazed by the fake medal as it brings more meaning than a real one.

 

"I made this before I came. aren't I talented? haha.." sulli praised herself. " so now you can't be sad anymore as you have received a gold medal from me."

 

"kombawa. thanks for being by my side whenever i need." Minho bent forward and hugged sulli

.

"I actually wanted to win the medal for you, so this is my gold medal for you." minho released the sash from his own neck and tied the fake medal around Sulli's neck.

 

Sulli was touched that Minho actually wanted to win not for his own glory but for her. She looked at Minho in a daze, not knowing what she can say.

 

"Oppa, I don't need a gold medal, I just want you in the best form." and she hugged him back tightly and snuggled in his embrace.