Peace restored

sunbae or soulmate

 

Minho arrived at the MBC Gayo venue finally. He saw his other members resting in the room since it is still early for Shinee’s performance.

“Oh Minho, you are back. chu ka ha mi da on winning the new comer award. We watched your thank you speech and your super super hot performance on TV just now. Hahaha… DAEBAK.” Onew sent his congrats.

“Kowaba Hyung… I will go out for a while, will be right back.” Minho went out to the corridor and tried to locate FX’s break room, hoping to see Sulli before his Sherlock performance.

Minho found FX’s break room which they co-share with another group – SISTAR and wondered if it is appropriate for him to enter the room. He pondered for a while and decided to go ahead as he really needed to check on Sulli.

Minho knocked on the door before entering and saw FX and Sistar members taking a break too.

“Oppa… why are you here? Oh yeah, and congrats on winning the award.”Krystal sent her congrats while others came forward to congratulate him too.

Minho looked around and didn’t see Sulli at all so he pretended to ask: “Sulli is not back yet? I thought she came back earlier than me?”

Krystal: “Oppa… did anything happen earlier? Sulli was not her usual self when she came back. She was extremely quiet and she just went to Kara’s room to find Jiyoung.”

“Orh? Nothing happened… not that I know of.” Minho pretended he didn’t know anything and quickly left to find Kara’s room.

Just as he stepped out of FX’s and Sistar’s break room, he heard Onew Hyung calling for him at the corridor: “Ya Minho, you are really here… Time for stand by, stop running around anymore.”

Minho was ushered back to his break room for preparation and he missed the chance to find Sulli.

He tried his luck at the ending stage but FX was standing at the other end and it is not appropriate for Minho to shift himself all the way there without going past other artistes whom he is not that familiar with.

He tiptoed to look around, hoping to spot his giant baby. He did see a glimpse of her all the way at the back with her members. She was expressionless and appeared a little bored standing at the back.

Minho kept his eyes on Sulli throughout till Shinee was called upon to share their new year greetings by the emcees. When he returned to his original spot on the stage, he couldn’t find Sulli anymore…

===================

It has always been a yearly affair for the company to organise a new year party on the first day of the new year.

All the KJE artistes were invited to this party after the MBC Gayo to celebrate what they have sowned in 2012 and to toast for a better 2013.

Right after the ending stage, Suju, FX and EXO made their way to the party venue while Shinee rushed over to SSTP radio for another schedule hence Minho could only wait for his chance to see Sulli at the new year party later.

====================

“Kam Bei.”

All the artistes held up the wine glasses in their hands and cheers for a fruitful 2013.

“Sulli, don’t drink so fast. You have not eaten anything yet, you can’t drink on an empty stomach.” Victoria nagged at Sulli with an omma’s tone.

Luna: “She has been waiting for this moment. Hee, finally she has reached the official age to drink, although officially it is still 3 months away to her birthday.”

Sulli smiled at her eunnies: “neh… happy new year eunnies. Saranghae.” And she went forward to hug her eunnies one by one.

Krystal laughed: “Sulli, are you drunk already? You were just so quiet earlier and now you are so hyperactive.”

Sulli took another sip of her wine: “Krystal… saranghae too.” And she gave Krystal a big hug. “You don’t how much I love you.” and she felt tears welled in her eyes, thinking about Minho as she hugged Krystal.

Sulli, are you really alright?” Krystal patted on Sulli’s back as she seemed to hear her sniff.

“neh… I am just too happy.” Sulli forced out a smile for Krystal and continued drinking.

SNSD eunnies had also took some time off to join the party though they were busy with their come back. People around were congratulating them on their come back when they arrived and the next big topic was definitely the steamy dance by Yuri and Minho. The artistes were busy teasing Yuri with Minho regarding the dance and Sulli could see Yuri’s eunnie bashful cheeks. Sulli continued to sip the wine from her glass as she listened to all the teasing and laughing.

Sulli picked up her second glass of wine for the night and continued drinking on an empty stomach. Probably the influence of the wine had slowly caused Sulli to forget about the dance earlier, as she laughed heartily while going around chatting with the rest of the artistes.

“Sulli, Luna and I are going off already, you want to go now?Amber and Krystal are also going off.” Victoria nudged Sulli.

Sulli: “Mwo?? So early? But I wish to drink some more.”

Victoria: “Sulli, you seemed drunk, stop drinking, there are plenty of chances to drink in future. Come, let’s go back.” and she pulled Sulli with her.

“Shiro..” Sulli pulled herself away from Victoria. “Eunnie… let’s stay a while more…. We don’t usually get to party that often.. is the new year..” Sulli whined again.

It is true that they don’t usually have time to party and Victoria knew Sulli has been undergoing a lot of stress in 2012 due to her workload. She can’t bear to be harsh and finally gave in.

“Noona, why not you all go back first, Sulli can follow us in our vehicle to return to the dorm when we go back later.” Luhan from EXO offered since they were still going to stay for a while.

Manager Oppa: “Fine fine, then Vic and Luna, let’s go.”

Shinee finally arrived at the party venue after SSTP radio schedule. When they arrived, some SUJUs hyungs and SNSD eunnies crowd around to exchange their greeting. Of course, the suju hyungs teased Minho with Yuri again regarding the dance.

“Hyungs… it was just a dance.” Minho helplessly defended himself while popping his head around to look for Sulli.

Sulli was already into her third glass of wine and she is really half drunk now that she didn’t even realise Shinee has arrived.

Minho spotted Sulli laughing with EXO and went over with a glass of wine, wanting to give everyone a toast.

“Happy New Year!” Minho went round the table to give EXO members a toast. When it came to Sulli, Sulli smiled in a daze, held up her glass and cling glasses with Minho’s before she took another big sip. Minho saw that her face was red and her eyes are groggy.

“Ya.. how many glasses of wine have you drank?” Minho held Sulli’s elbow and take a better look at her face, but Sulli only smiled sheepishly at him.

Minho turned to the EXO members: “When did she start drinking?”

Chanyeol: “Hyung, she has been drinking since the start of the party. Think she is abit drunk now but Victoria and Luna noonas have left.”

“Ka Ja.” Minho took away the wine glass from Sulli and pulled her up from her seat. The rest of the EXO members were shocked to see Minho reacting so overly but no one said anything as Minho is still the sunbae among them and they knew he is rather strict sometimes.

“Ahhh.. shiro..”Sulli whined and fling Minho’s arm away, but she immediately lost her balance and almost fell to the ground if Minho wasn’t quick enough to hold on to her.

Minho pulled her up to stand again: “See.. you are drunk. We have to go back.”

Minho bidded goodbye to EXO members and settled Sulli on a sofa before he went to speak to Manager to borrow the car keys. He knew manager hyung has just joined the party and he would not want to leave that early. Hence, he volunteered to send Sulli back to the dorm, quoting that she is dead drunk.

Before Minho left, he told Jong Hyun Hyung about sending Sulli back.

Jong Hyun: “Are you crazy? Won’t it invite people to be suspicious?”

Minho: “I can’t care for anything else now hyung. She drank a lot and I need to send her back before she gets intoxicated.”

Jong Hyun: “Alarsoh alarsoh… I will cover for you if necessary… ka ka..”

Minho went back to the sofa and put his arms around Sulli to help her stand on her own, but the influence of alcohol on Sulli seemed too strong. Her footsteps were shaky and she merely let her whole body weight fall on Minho’s body.

Minho helped Sulli into the company car and droved off to FX’s dorm.

During the journey, Sulli seemed to be half asleep although she murmured sometimes, asking why she has to leave early and wishing everyone Happy New Year. Minho glanced over at the drunken Sulli beside him and sighed. This was the first time he had seen her drink and furthermore, drunk.

“Ahhhhh…. I feel terrible…” Sulli whined and kept turning her body the car seat. Them she started to meddle with the car lock.

“An Duei! An Duei! An Duei!” Minho caught Sulli's hand with one hand and slowly steered the car to a stop along the road.

Sulli pulled open the door and hopped out. She sat on the ground, wanting to throw up but couldn’t.

Minho ran over from the driver’s seat and squatted beside Sulli: “Ken cha na?” He patted Sulli’s back, hoping to soothe the discomfort.

“Don’t sit on the floor, it’s cold, come, get back into the car.” Minho tried to pull Sulli back into the car but was pushed away.

“Shiro…. …. Eunnieeee…. I feel terrible….” Sulli shouted and started to weep. Tears flowed from her eyes as she continued to whine: “Why is it so hard….. Why?”

Minho looked at the drunken Sulli who is in tears and his eyes turned red too. He put his arms around Sulli’s shoulder and hugged her: “Biyane, for making you so upset.”

Sulli continued to whine with her head resting against Minho’s chest: “Eunnieee….. why is it so hard to love him….i really love him…” and she cried even harder now.

Minho wrapped Sulli tightly in his arms and cry with her while patting her back: “Oppa loves you too, do you know how much I love you?” and he hugged her tighter. “Do you know that I am going crazy every second because of you?”  Minho whispered and kissed the side of her head while continuing to pat her back.

Sulli’s emotions seemed to be soothed by the continuous patting on her back and she slowly became quieter. Minho peered down at her and realised that she had fallen asleep like a baby on his chest.

Minho carried Sulli back into the car and settled her comfortably. He gave her a goodnight kiss on her lips before making the rest of the journey to FX’s dorm.

Victoria opened the dorm’s door and saw Sulli on Minho’s back.

“Bi Ya Ne Noona, for waking you up. Sulli is drunk and I think she may need you to help her wash up.” Minho carried Sulli into the room and rested her on her bed.

“Kombawa Minho. I didn’t know she can be so drunk. I should have stopped her from drinking and dragged her back here.” Victoria used a warm towel to wipe Sulli’s face and helped her remove her make up.

Minho: “Noona, I will leave Sulli with you then. I will make a move first then. I still need to drive the car back to the party venue.”

Victoria: “Neh, Kombawa Minho.”

========

Sulli woke up with a split headache the next morning. She stirred in her bed and snuggled in her blanket. Finally, she can rest for one day before her next schedule for Etude Advertisement tomorrow.

Victoria stepped into the room with a bowl of hot soup: “You are up already? Feeling ok? Take a bit of the soup to warm your stomach. You will feel better.”

Sulli nodded: “I am ok, just that there is a terrible headache. Eunnie.. kombawa. I should have been a pest to you yesterday.”

Victoria smiled: “Glad that you know. At least I only suffered the later half and you were already sound asleep."

Sulli opened her eyes wide: “huh? Later half?” She took a sip of the soup.

Victoria: “Minho sure got it more than me. He looked so tired after he carried you in.”

Sulli choked on her mouthful of soup when she heard Minho.

Victoria: “Whei? Drink slowly.”

Sulli: “Eunnie.. what did you say? Weren't you the one who sent me back?”

Victoria: “Aniyo… I asked you to leave with me but you said you want to stay longer with EXO. In the end, Minho was the one who sent you back here.”

Sulli gasped: “Mwo???? Minho Oppa sent me back?”

Victoria: “Neh.. I also wondered why the manager didn’t send you back instead but I was too busy taking care of you last night till I forgot to ask.”

Sulli tried to recall what happened the night before.

She remembered Victoria Eunnie asking her to go back. She remembered drinking with EXO. OMO….. so that wasn’t a dream. The one who drove her back was Minho Oppa. She seemed to remember she cried and whined to Minho but she can’t really remembered what she had said.

Beep…

Sulli received a text message from Minho: “Are you awake already? Feeling ok?”

“Neh, I am ok. Kombawa for sending me back.” Sulli returned Minho's message.

“Still upset?” Minho texted again.

Sulli paused after looking at his message. She returned with another reply: “Aniyo. I wasn’t upset at all.

Minho: “But you told me yesterday that you were very upset and you have specifically asked me to bring over one thing before you can be pacified.”

Sulli gasped after reading the message. Did I really tell him that? She thought to herself, but how can there be no memory at all?

Sulli was curious so she continued to text Minho: “What did I want you to bring?”

Minho: “You come to the lobby now and the answer will be revealed.”

A curious Sulli put on her jacket and went downstairs to see what is in store for her.

She looked around the lobby but there was nothing unusual. She opened the lobby gate and stepped outside and felt a gush of strong wind blowing at her. She was about to turn her body to step back into the lobby when someone grabbed her hand from the side.

Sulli let out a scream and saw that it was Minho. He wore a black cap and black colour jacket as well as the black muffler that Sulli has knitted for him. He pulled Sulli into a secluded corner before asking: “Feeling better?”

Sulli nodded: “Neh, so what is the thing that you want to give me? Just give it to me and I will need to go up soon.”

Minho: “I thought you said you were not upset just now?”

“I… …I…. I recalled that I was indeed a little upset after you mentioned.” Sulli stammered and turned her back against Minho, not wanting him to sense that she actually could not remember what she had said.

Minho smirked: “Then do you recall that you said you love me very much?”

“When did I say that I love you very much?” Sulli turned her body back to face Minho to defend herself but Minho had already pulled her into his embrace for a kiss on her lips.

“Choi Jinri, Saranghae.” Minho whispered in Sulli’s ears before hugging her tightly again. “I knew the dance had upset you, but please believe my love for you. If I can choose, I will not do that dance.”

This was the first time Minho had called her by her real name - Jinri. Sulli’s heart melted upon hearing Minho’s declaration again. To be true, Sulli was upset but she was not upset with Minho nor Yuri cos she knew that the dance was suggested by the broadcasting station with the company’s agreement.

Sulli: “Alarsoh… I told you I wasn’t upset with you but you insisted that I was.”

Minho: “If you were not upset, why did you leave the award ceremony without me? If you were not upset, why were you drinking so much? Without my presence, you are not allowed to drink with other guys next time, alarji?”

Sulli pulled herself away from Minho and looked up: “Even label mates?"

Minho: "Neh, even labelmates..."

Sulli pouted at Minho's domineering nature: "I am still not pacified.... So what is the thing that I insisted for you to bring over so that I will be pacified?”

Minho smirked again: “That will be Me and my kisses.” And Minho leaned forward to plant another sweet kiss on Sulli’s lips.

Sulli smiled sweetly when Minho's warm lips covered her frozen lips. She returned with a deep kiss before she twitched her eyebrows and looked at Minho again: “Oppa...Did I really say all that yesterday?”

Minho shrugged his shoulders and smiled.