and the race continues

sunbae or soulmate

 

The second half of the match began and competition is stiffer than before.

The running man team was tough and they managed to score two more goals and won the ice hockey race.

Sulli can only watch helplessly as she couldn’t react fast enough to defend any of the incoming goals. Moreover, her palms are still painful from the abrasion that she had gotten from the sledding earlier.

Although Minho had told her it is ok, Sulli felt apologetic towards the team.

Compared to Ji Hyo Eunnie, she is really too weak in defending the goals.

Sulli saw Minho’s disappointed expression after losing the match and he didn’t even come forward to help her change out of her gear. Hence, she continued to stand by herself in the court, trying to change out of her heavy and bulky gear by herself.

“Come, let me help you.” It was Jong Hyun again who offered his help. Together with Kwang Su, Jong Hyung managed to remove the leg gear cushion from Sulli. Sulli then followed Jong Hyun to the cordi eunnies to seek their help to remove her helmet and body gear.

Cordi Eunnie: “It is strange, the helmet seems stuck.”

“Huh? How can it be? Let me try.” Jong Hyun who was standing beside Sulli overheard and looked at the helmet on Sulli’s head while trying to pull the strap open.

“Hyung, I will do it. You can change out of your gear then.” Minho appeared from nowhere suddenly and took over to remove the helmet from Sulli.

Minho was quiet. Sulli didn’t say anything too and merely turn her head to let Minho meddle with the strap on her helmet. She can’t bear to see Minho’s disappointed face now as she will only feel guiltier.

+++++++++++++++++++

Towards the next destination in the van, Minho brought up again that Ji Hyo Noona is good in defending, Sulli felt sorry that she didn’t manage to save any goals and apologise again. She sighed in her hearts but she had made a conviction to do better in the next round.

Nonetheless, What Sulli didn’t expect was that the next round is a long jump competition but in a diving form.

Sulli looked at the pool and recalled how difficult it was for her to do the drama shooting. Her face was already turning pale as she listened to the PD brief the rules of the game.

Minho didn’t realised that Sulli was already feeling guilty strikened from the ice-hockey match and only paid attention to listening to the rules of the game.

Nonetheless, when he realised that they have to jump from the diving board to accummulate the team scores, Minho turned his attention to Sulli immediately.

“Otokae.. can you jump?” Minho asked with concern.

 Sulli’s face was already stiffening: “If I don’t jump, the score will be low right? I will try.”

When it was Sulli’s turn, she climbed up the ladder jitterly and walked towards the diving board. She clapsed her hands tightly as she sees the height she was standing at. She saw her teammates watching her at the bottom, telling her that it is ok, and asking her to look far before she jumped.

Sulli breathed in deeply and looked at Minho for his final encouragement before she jumped. 

“Sulli, don't jump. come down if you are scared. Ken Cha Na.” Sulli heard Minho’s voice loud and clear.

Sulli was still hesitating whether she should give another try when she heard Minho’s voice again: “Sulli, come down now. Ken Cha Na.”

Sulli finally made her way slowly down the ladder and apologised to everyone. "Bi Ya Ne." She turned to look at Minho’s face helplessly but was grateful he asked her to come down from the diving board.

“Ken Cha Na, I will jump your part for you later.” Minho smiled and patted Sulli on her shoulder.

Minho was the last person to jump and whether the team will win depends on if he can mark a record.

Sulli can see the stress on Minho’s face when Minho made his jump. Sulli prayed that he can win for the team, but unfortunately, Minho failed to clinch victory for the team with a just small short fall.

Sulli saw Minho’s extreme disappointed face and blamed herself even more. She thought if Krystal has been the one who came, the Idol Team would have won easily.

Sulli went up to Minho and held his arms: “Bi Ya Ne Oppa, if I had jumped, we would have won.”

Minho managed to squeeze out a smile: “Ken Cha Na… there is still the last race.”

+++++++++=

The final race was the typical “Attackers Vs Defenders” chasing game. As the running man team had won the previous races, they would first start off as the attackers while the Idol Team as the defenders. The role of Attacker and Defender will change at every interval of 30 minutes, hence the Idol team will really have to hide well to stay alive.   

Sulli had wanted to follow Minho but seeing that he is so engrossed in trying to find a good hiding place, she decided not to be a burden to him yet again and followed behind Yong Hwa’s footsteps instead.

Yong Hwa: “Sulli, where do you want to hide?”

Sulli: “Oppa... I don’t know. I will just follow where you go. Hahahha. I just have a feeling I will be the first member to be out of the race.”

If Sulli wasn’t in this race, Minho would have gone ahead to find a secluded place and hide himself but he just feel uneasy knowing Sulli is following Yong Hwa.

“Why not we hide here?” Minho stopped in his path and waited for Yong Hwa and Sulli, while suggesting for all of them to hide in one of the room.

Yong Hwa: “We hide together? alarsoh.. let's just hide first, there is not much time left.”

Hence, Minho, Yong Hwa and Sulli hid in one of the room as the running man attackers made their rounds to find them.

Within 10 minutes, L was disqualified and in another 15 minutes, Jong Hyun was discovered.

Minho, Yong Hwa and Sulli gasped in the room and held their breath, wondering what will be their fate. They heard bells ringing outside the corridor and it seems like the attackers may find them anytime.

Minho: “Hyung, we have to think of a strategy. If the attackers find us, all three of us will perish together.”

Yong Hwa: ok. If ever anyone comes into this room, I will run and be a smokescreen. You and Sulli just stayed in this room and find your way out after the coast is clear. Ok?”

Minho: “Kurei. Sulli, let’s move to the space behind the cabinet.”

Minho led Sulli to hide at the small space behind the cabinet and he stood beside her while signalling the camera man to off their lights. Yong Hwa hided under one of the table and prepared to make a dash if anyone comes in now.

All three of them held their breath as they heard the sound of bells becoming louder. Sulli was so nervous that her heart can pop out anytime.

“Are they here?” It was Jae Suk’s voice and Minho, Yong Hwa and Sulli almost screamed out in fear.

Nervous Sulli grabbed Minho’s hand and Minho naturally stood one step towards her to protect her. Sulli naturally bent her head and hide herself against Minho’s chest. They heard Yong Hwa run out of the room with Jak Suk and Kwang Su chasing after him.

After 30 seconds, Minho slowly peeped out from the back of the cabinet and asked the cameraman: “how much time do we have left to switch roles?”

Cameraman: “5 minutes.”

Minho: “Then we better continue to hide here” and he returned to his hiding space behind the cabinet.

Sulli: “Whei? We not going out?”

Minho: “After 5 minutes till we switched our roles. Anyway, Isn’t it good that we can stay like this for at least 5 minutes?” He chuckled.

Sulli: “Oppa, Bi Ya Ne.”

Minho: “Bwo?”

Sulli: “If the female idol is Krystal today, I am sure she can help you guys win the race.”  

Minho flicked her fingers on Sulli’s forehead below her knitted hat: “Stop thinking like this. You have already done well.”

Sulli: “You are not disappointed with me?”

“Aniyo.. I am just disappointed with myself but it is just a game. I can’t win everytime.” Minho caressed Sulli’s cheeks. “Was that why you rather follow Yong Hwa hyung than me?”

Sulli pouted: “Aniyo… you were ignoring me so I had to follow Yong Hwa Oppa.”

Just then the bell sounded for the roles reversal. Minho led Sulli out from the cabinet and they changed their tags on their hats before proceeding to launch their attacks on the running man.

The Idol Team were only left with the capture of HAHA, Kim Jong Kyuk and Song Ji Hyo to end the race.

5 minutes before the next role reversal, Sulli spotted the presence of Jong Kyuk oppa and alerted the rest. Minho and Yong Hwa were determined to catch Jong Kyuk and they dashed to where he was hiding, only to realise that it was a trap set for them just before the role reversal occurred.

Yong Hwa was fully in the captive of Jong Kyuk while Minho and Sulli stood at where they were to prepare for the role reversal.

Sulli gave a worry look to Minho as she knew that Yong Hwa Oppa will definitely be captured if they did not help him. Yet, she was not sure if they could have the strength to fight with Jong Kyuk Oppa too.

Minho pushed Sulli to stand behind him, fearing that the Jong Kyuk tiger will pounce out anytime and eat Sulli up.

“Jong Kyuk hyung will surely come and catch me later, so you just run as fast as you can after the bell sound for the role reversal.” Minho whispered to Sulli when he saw her worried face.

“And if any chance you are cornered by the running man team especially Jong Kyuk hyung, just let them win. You are not able to fight them, so don’t hurt yourself. Alarji?” Minho gave his last reminder to Sulli before both of them dashed off in different directions to find a safe hiding place.

Sulli ran and ran till she came to his corner outside the building which she thought it is rather safe. In a split moment, she heard the announcement - ‘Minho Out’ and felt apologetic and helpless. “If I didn’t lead them to Jong Kyuk Oppa, Minho Oppa and Yong Hwa Oppa would still be in this game and we could have win the last race.” She thought.

Minho went to the prison dejectedly to join the others who had been disqualified.

Jae Suk: “Ah Minho…you are out? So we are left with Sulli and Lee Joon with Haha, Ji Jyo and Jong Kyuk..”

Minho looked at the Idol Team who have been disqualified and worried for Sulli. He hoped she has heeded his advice to just let the others catch her and return to the prison quickly.

For the glory of the Idol Team, Sulli did try to eliminate as many running mans as she could, but in the end, Sulli was still the only survivor to compete against Jong Kyuk and as expected, the running man team won the race.

Although they have lost, the idol team did have fun recording the programme. Minho did feel disappointed that he wasn’t able to win, but he still enjoyed the time spent with Sulli during the recording.

It was already rather late after the idols changed out of their clothes. They bidded goodbye to the crew and other idols before leaving the venue in their respective vehicles.

Minho and Sulli were among the last few to leave the venue. They were walking to the carpark to Manager hyung’s van when Minho noticed that Sulli was slightly limping on one side. He pulled Sulli’s hand to bring her to a stop, so that he can check on her leg.

“AHHHHH…” Sulli let out a scream and pulled her hand away from Minho’s grip.

“Whei yo?” Minho asked in shock and he looked at Sulli with his wider eyes, only to see a stammering Sulli who is trying to hide her palm by clenching her fist.

“Bwo? Let me see… Pai Li.” Minho demanded for Sulli to show him her palms.

 Sulli pouted and unwillingly reach out her hand. She slowly opened her palm and revealed strains of red abrasions.

“When do you get these abrasions?” Minho held her hand carefully to examine the abrasion.

“erm.. during the sledding…” Sulli muttered.

“Bwo? You hurt yourself in the day? But you said you were cold… You should have told me and got it treated first. No wonder you kept holding on to your palms.” Minho stared at Sulli who only gave a sheepish smile.

“I didn’t want everyone to worry. Ken Cha Na. I am really ok.” Sulli continued to give a sheepish smile.

Minho bent down to check on Sulli’s leg and found a bruise on her shin. “and what happened to your leg? Didn’t I tell you not to hurt yourself?”

“I knocked into the stairs… when trying to escape from Jong Kyuk oppa.” Sulli stammered again.

“Climb on to my back.” Minho bent down in front of Sulli and offered to give her a piggyride.

 “bwo? Oppa… ken cha na..” Sulli looked around the surrounding, afraid that someone will see them.

“Pai Li.” Minho didn’t bother to wait for Sulli and pulled her straight away to his back. He stood up after adjusting Sulli’s weight on his back and continuing walking to the carpark.

“Oppa!! Let me down…. Aren’t you afraid that people or manager oppa will see us?” Sulli nudged Minho to put her down.

“Ken Cha Na.. dong seng is injured, Oppa helps to carry… nothing is wrong with that. Manager hyung would have piggyback you too. I am just helping manager hyung.” Minho smirked and held on tightly to Sulli.

“So you are not letting me down no matter what I said?” Sulli gritted her teeth at Minho’s determination.

“Neh. Definitely won’t let you down till we reached the car.” Minho firmly replied.

Sulli bited her lips and smirked. “Then don’t blame me for doing this to you.”

Sulli leaned her head lower and planted a kiss on Minho’s ear.

“Yahhh… bo ya?” Minho’s whole body muscle twitched and his unexpected big reaction was so hilarious till Sulli could not stop laughing.

“Wheiiii Oppa? Your ears are all red.” Sulli forgot her initial intention to get off from Minho’s back and continued playing with him while on his back.

“This is fun.. shall I target the other ear too?” Sulli giggled and pulled Minho’s other ear.

“An duei…. if you dare to do it again, I will throw you into the icy pond.” Minho threatened and pretended to fling Sulli off his back.

“Ka Ji Ma!!! Alarsoh alarsoh…” Sulli whined and held her arms tightly around Minho’s neck.

“Jin Jiat alarsoh?” Minho asked.

Sulli: “Orh…. Alarsoh Oppa.”

“Kurei.” Minho finally let Sulli down from his back just before they reached the company van. “We will walk from here so that Manager Hyung won’t see us.”  

+++++++++++++

Minho: “Hyung, do we have a first aid box in the van?”

Manager: “At the back. Whei?”

“Sulli hurt her palm and her leg. It is not serious, just need some medication.” Minho stretched his arms to the back to retrieve the first aid box and take out a lotion.

Minho carefully applied the lotion on the abrasion marks on Sulli’s palm and then went on to rub some ointment on her bruise.

“Ahhh… pain.” Sulli twitched her brows and whined.

Minho looked at Sulli who is cringing in pain and took her other hand tightly in his. “Just bear with it for a while more. You have to get the bruise treated.”

Sulli sulked at Minho and nodded and allow him to continue with the application of the ointment on her shin.