And the race starts now

sunbae or soulmate

 

The journey from Ilsan back to Seoul was more than an hour’s drive and Sulli had already drifted to sleep in the passenger seat.

“Sulli, I nor na…” Minho shaked her lightly to wake her up.

“Orh… are we back already?” Sulli rubbed her eyes and yawned while looking at the pitch dark surrounding.

“Aniyo, we are one street away from your dorm, so I am waking you up first.” Minho replied.

“Alarsoh. You just dropped me at the main road will do.” Sulli smiled.

“Bi ya ne… how I wish I can walk you to your door, especially at such late hours.” Minho was apologetic that he could only do that much.

“Ken Cha Na Oppa. I already feel very blessed to have you sending me back from Ilsan. This is good enough for me.” Sulli smiled again.

Sulli opened the car door, preparing to alight when Minho pulled her back again.

“Wait… I have something to tell you…” Minho stammered.

Sulli: “Bwo?”

“erm… I am going to support SNSD’s come back tomorrow, but I am going with Jong Hyun hyung.” Minho nervously finished his sentence while monitoring the reaction on Sulli’s face.

Sulli nodded: “Orh… alarsoh.”

Minho: “You are not angry right? I am really there to support the noonas, not only Yuri Noona.”

Sulli: “Huh??? Of course not… why would I be angry?? Hahahhaha… Oppa… do I look like someone who is so petty? But thanks for telling me anyway, so do I need to tell you too if I have a schedule with other male idols?” She smiled.

“Nu gu?” Minho asked immediately with a serious tone.

Sulli giggled: “Orhhh… Yong Hwa Oppa and Jong Hyun Oppa.” And she made her way out of the car.

Minho: “Bwo… are you going to emcee with both of them?”

Through the car window, Sulli replied: “Aniyo.. we are filming running man two days later.” And she giggled while running back to her dorm.

Minho knew he was once again being fooled by Sulli after hearing running man. He smiled and mumbled: “Yah.. I am also one of the male idols who will be there too.”

+++++++++++++++

Both Minho and Sulli were once again in the same vehicle, travelling to the destination for running man shooting. Compared to last year, they feel more at ease this time with only both of them from KJE being scheduled for this filming.

“Oppa, do you know we are actually shooting an idol championship battle against the running man team, otokae… I can’t run and I can’t swim… I have watched last year’s episode and the idol team won… I think I will pull the whole team down today.” Sulli whined and was already worrying about the end results.

“Ken Cha Na… there is still me around.. I heard Kwang Hee Hyung and L are on the show too. I am sure we can cover up for your shortfall. You just do your best will do.” Minho reassured and was confident and pretty excited to win the running man team, especially his Jong Kyuk hyung.

When they were both ushered to the stand by area at Gimpo Airport to film the introduction segment, they met the rest of the idols Yong Hwa and Jong Hyun from CN Blue, Kwang Hee from ZEA and L from INFINITE.

Being the youngest, Sulli went around greeting the oppas and chatted with them but regardless of what she did, she is never far away from Minho.

The whole troop, including the running man team made their way to their vehicle to travel to the next destination for the first race after shooting the introduction segment.

Jae Suk: “Sulli ah, don’t you know the rest of the idols? Why are you and Minho always sticking together behind the rest?”

Sulli looked at Jae Suk then at Minho who was walking beside her: “Aniyo Oppa, Minho Oppa is good in sports, you know I can’t even run, of course I have to stick to the ACE. Hahahaha.”

“Hyung, we are thinking of a strategy to win the running man team. We have to win for Idol Team today.” Minho added more smoke screen to distract Jae Suk.

“Ya… the idol team is really competitive today ah… hahahhahhaa….alarsoh...alarsoh.. we will see how much power you guys have. haha..” Jae Suk laughed and walked to the front to talk to the rest.

“Oppa, let’s go join the rest and walk together. Jae Suk Oppa is well known for being observant, lets’ not risk…” Sulli whispered and sulked.

Minho sulked as well: “Alarsoh, I will go join the hyungs.”

Henceforth, Minho and Sulli tried to avoid each other during the filming. Minho boarded the van first with Lee Joon while Sulli was one of the last few to board with Jong Hyun and Yong Hwa.

Minho was feeling uneasy with Jong Hyun sitting beside Sulli but he can’t do much, except to keep watch at the back.

The first race was snow sledding.

Minho was about to step forward to help Sulli with her winter gloves when Yong Hwa had already offered his help.

“Guess that there are many Oppas around who will be helping Sulli today.” Minho thought sourly but he has promised he would not get jealous easily so he tried to maintain his cool in that cold weather.

Sulli was the second sledder after Kwang Hee for the first race.

“Kwang Hee Oppa, Pai Li!!!” Sulli was shouting at the top of her voice after seeing her component - Ji Hyo Eunnie making her start to complete her lap.

“Pai Li….” Sulli whined in frustration.

“Sulli, don’t worry.  The rest of us will make it up.” Jong Hyun who had been standing beside her all the while reassured her.

Sulli smiled at Jong Hyun’s reassurance, but sulked again when she thought of how competitive Minho is and how much he would want to win this race. She doesn’t want to lose as well, hence regardless of how tough the race is going to be, Sulli had made it a point to give her best shot.

Sulli peddled madly when Kwang Hee passed her the ski poles.

She heard Minho reminding her to push Yong Hwa and she scrambled to do so too quickly that she accidentally caused abrasion to her palms. She gritted her teeths to withstand the pain but Minho had already noticed her expression.

Minho: “Whei?”

Sulli shook her head and lied: “Aniyo, ken cha na… just cold…”

Minho went over to cheer for the rest of his teammates after making sure that Sulli was ok. 

The Idol team finally won the first race by a slight margin thanks to Minho. With the first win, Minho was even more determined to win the following races to earn the glory for the idol team.

===============

The second race was a mock ice-hockey match between the Idol Team and the Running Man Team. Together with Ji Hyo Eunnie, Sulli had to be the goal keeper for her team with just broom and dustpan. For safety reasons, she had to put on the full gear to cushion herself so as not to get injured.

“Hahaha… what is this?” Sulli's uncontrollable laughter started as she wore the heavy and bulky cushion gear.

All the other male idols started to crowd around her to pass comments on how cute she looked in that gear.

Yong Hwa: “Sulli jinjiat kypiota” and he was about to punch Sulli’s gear when Minho started doing it first.

Abish…. Minho punched Sulli lightly and started playing with her. Both of them laughed and played around, ignoring everyone else who was around them.

==================

The actual match started and the running man team was strong. Although the Idol Team made the first goal, Sulli failed to defend one goal which caused both teams to end at a draw just before half time.

Everyone took the short break time during half time to catch their breath and regain their energy while Sulli whined if she could sit down with her bulky gear on. The other idols tried to retrieve a chair for poor Sulli, but Minho already came forward to her and held her back for her to lie down.

Sulli: "Oppa Oppa...not now...  there is no chair."

Minho: "That's why i want you to lie down."

With the camera on her, Sulli can merely laugh as she shoot Minho a glance while lying on the ground.

Minho had wanted to help Sulli sit up and make her more comfortable but with the cameras and audience around, he had decided to walk away for the time being to avoid suspicion.

“Sulli, do you want to sit up? I will help you.” Jong Hyun came over to offer his help, seeing that Sulli was so uncomfortable lying on the floor.

“Kombawa Oppa, but I cannot sit up by myself, I will just fall back to the ground. Hahaha.. so it is ok.” Sulli explained.

“Then I will support you from the back. Come, Ha.. Too.. Sen..” Jong Hyun pulled Sulli up and shifted himself to her back to act as her support.

Jae Suk came over and teased that both of them seemed like shooting an ice hockey drama but Sulli merely laughed helplessly while Jong Hyun tried to explain himself.

Minho heard all the conversation between them while he was busy with the cordi noonas fixing his hair.

“Hyung, I will take over from you, go get some rest.” Minho came over to Sulli and Jong Hyun.

Jong Hyun: “Ken Cha Na, I am fine.”

Minho: “But hyung, your hair is still messy, may be you should ask the cordi noon to help you fix your hair? I have done mine so I can take over.” And he sat on the ground and shifted his body to support Sulli’s back.

Jong Hyun was literally being chased away by Minho and Sulli can’t help but to nag at Minho.

Sulli: “Oppa, why are you here? Don’t you know that there are cameras and fans are watching?” 

“I know, but if Jong Hyun can do it, then might as well I do it.” Minho giggled. “It is supposed to be my responsibility anyway.” Minho turned his head to whisper to Sulli.

Sulli: “Hahaha… what responsibility… I can take care of myself.”

Minho challenged with a smile: “break time is over now, you try standing up youself since you said you can take care of yourself.”

“Yah… pull me up… pai li…” Sulli whined as she had no other choice but to rely on Minho since she had that bulky gear on her.

Minho pulled both her hands with a tough pull and Sulli stood up shakily, with her body falling over Minho’s body. Sulli cannot move an inch with the heavy gear on and she looked up at Minho’s face nervously: “Ya… Oppa… quick push me away from you.”

Minho laughed and helped to steady Sulli’s footsteps while passing her the broom and dustpan: “Do a good job in saving the goals later, Arlarji?”

Sulli: “Alarsoh! Fighting!”