Tightly clasped hands

sunbae or soulmate

 

Minho thought over what Key had told him during his flight to London. He scrolled through the forum pages on his ipad and read the comments which he usually did not have time to read. There were mixture of comments - some were harsh comments bashing Sulli’s coupling with him, some were positive who supports the coupling and were speculating if they were both dating, especially when the drama’s kiss scenes were aired.

Whether the comments were positive or negative, Minho knew the management will definitely do something in response to manage anti-fans and one of the favourite things which management likes to do is to arrange the artistes’ schedule till they won’t meet so as to avoid contact. Now he recalled why Shinee and FX had no chance to mingle even though both groups were at the Korean popular culture and arts award ceremony. Now he understood why their flights were separated even though they could jolly well depart on the same day to Singapore. Now he understood why the management has allowed him to travel to London after the concert for a soccer match. Everything done is just to bring him away from Sulli and bring Sulli away from him…

++++++++++++++++

Back in Seoul, Sulli had a few live performances which she had to attend. As much as she tries to appear happy, the usual smile and smiley eyes can’t seem to re-appear on that fair lovely face. Sometimes she seemed distracted and tired,and her mind is always thinking about Minho who is far away in London.

“Sulli…” Victoria nudged her, seeing that she is pre-occupied in her own thoughts again.

“huh… Eunnie.. whei?” Sulli looked at Victoria.

“Are you ok? You seemed so lost in thoughts and out of place recently. Is there anything wrong?” Victoria showed her concern to this younger dong seng. Sulli has always been the cheerful and bright girl no matter how hard times had been. For her to display such troubled expression, something must have really bothered her.

“kom ba wa Eunnie.. I am ok. May be my hair is shorter now, hence I feel less confident. I was looking at my past photos with long hair. I really looked like a guy now. Hahha…” Sulli managed a weak laugh and ruffled her hands through her short hair.

“Aigoo… don’t worry dear. Your hair will grow back. Don’t worry what the fans said.” Victoria gave Sulli a warm hug as a form of encouragement. “See, even with your short hair, there are still many fans who like you….”

“Aniyo, there are many fans who dislike me due to my coupling with Minho oppa in the drama…” Sulli muttered softly but still clear enough for Victoria to hear.

Victoria squeezed Sulli's shoulders: “Sulli ah, this is the reality. I had anti fans when I did WGM with Nick Khun too. But after we finished WGM, everyone will slowly go back to normal. Don’t worry too much. Things will be fine. You still have some drama publicity to do for Japan’s broadcast hence things will not end so quickly. Anyway, Minho’s fanbase is so wide, the management will help him manage his fans’ emotion too. Leave it to the management.”

Sulli’s POV

‘Leave it to the management’… sigh….  Or does Victoria eunnie mean ‘Leave it to the management to separate them’… Sulli sighed again.

===================

Manager Oppa: “Sulli, there is a photo shoot for a Japanese magazine which you need to attend to promote your drama. The crew is coming down two days later, so be prepared.

“Neh Oppa..” Sulli answered but didn’t ask for the details of the shoot. Eversince the last time she saw Minho, she has been feeling rather down and lerthargic. Work is just work to her and she merely just wanted to complete whatever tasks that are passed down quickly. She doesn’t wish to think so much anymore as it is making her even more tired.

 

Two days later, she followed Manager Oppa to the photo shoot scene. As usual, she was stoning half the time during the ride to the venue. She seemed to hear her manager Oppa saying something but she naturally shut all these off and stared out at the window. The weather has turned chilly again. It seems just like yesterday that the last winter occurred, and now is winter again. Sulli sighed lightly at how fast time has passed and how much she has missed in her life. She recalled how Minho and her became closer; she recalled how Minho has held her in his arms in the cold...

Sulli dragged her feets up the stairs to the studio for the photoshoot. She pushed open the door and the crew were already preparing the equipments and background.

“An Yeong Ha Sae Yo.” She breathed in deeply before she greeted all the crew.

Director: “Sulli An Yeong. Your partner hasn’t arrived yet so may be you can start doing your make up while we wait.”

“Partner? Am I not the only one for this photoshoot?” Sulli thought to herself. She turned her head, wanting to check with Manager Oppa, but he is nowhere in sight.

Sulli was already ushered to the make up room and she had no choice but to ask the make up eunnie.

Sulli: “Eunnie, am I not the only one doing the photoshoot?”

Make up eunnie: “Minho Shhii is coming too, you didn’t know?”

Sulli opened her eyes wider: “Mwo…. Min.. Minho Oppa coming?” She began to turn flustered. She hasn’t prepared that she will see Minho today. It has been three weeks and she has been ignoring his phone messages till a point that Minho has stopped sending her messages too. And now she really didn’t want to face him or.... perhaps the truth is she didn’t know how to face him.

“Eunnie.. are you done? I will want to go to the restroom..” Sulli asked politely but she actually wanted to hide in the restroom as long as she can.

When make up eunnie applied the last part of the lipstick on Sulli's lips, she sprung up from her seat and dashed to the door, hoping to escape before Minho arrives.

Too late… She bumped into Minho at the door and as she could not hold back her fast speed in time, she literally banged into his body.

Sulli looked up and saw Minho’s big round eyes looking back at her. She was too shocked to say anything nor do anything and she frozed like a piece of ice at the doorway.

Make Up eunnie: “Minho Shiii, wa so? Come, let’s do your make up and the noona killer Minho already had all the noonas ushering him to his seat.

Sulli took the opportunity to leave the make up room and Minho’s flaming glazes.

She stood outside the restroom, pacing up and down, thinking of how she should behave in front of Minho…. Treat as nothing happened? or should she still keep an arm's distance from him? On one hand she really wished to keep a distance from Minho, but she knew that her heart will just give way upon seeing him. Arggggggg…… she feels frustrated and keep hitting her head while continuing pacing up and down the passage way.

“Are you guarding the restroom?” Sulli heard the familiar low voice from the back of her head.

Sulli frozed and kept quiet.

“Why are you not answering me?” Minho’s voice turned serious. But Sulli continued to freeze in her steps, with her brows twitching. She felt that she can stop breathing anytime as she struggled to hold back her tears.

Sulli prayed that someone can just come by and save her from having to face Minho. 

“I miss you.” Sulli heard Minho's voice. Then footsteps behind her and she felt his arms around her shoulder shortly.

Sulli held her breath and she didn’t move an inch from where she stood.

“I miss you.” This is the second time he is saying it and his arms tightened around her shoulder once more.

Sulli couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. Tears started flowing from her eyes. She started sniffing to stop her tears but they just won’t cooperate with her.

Minho turned Sulli to face him and he saw a tears strickened face. “Kibum has told me everything, why are you so silly to endure all these yourself?”

That question triggered Sulli to tear more as she recalled how tough she had been trying to control her emotions and feelings towards Minho, yet all her efforts had gone down the drain upon seeing his face.

Minho dried her tears with his thumb and with a very soft voice: “Kibum scolded me for being a pabo, for not understanding you. Aren’t you a bapo yourself too? You don't understand Oppa too?”

Sulli let another tear flow down her eyes as she continuing staring at Minho. Seeing the tears on Sulli’s face, Minho would have teared along with her if there is no photoshoot later on.

Minho held her hands tightly: “Let Oppa go through this together with you. If you want to lie low, Oppa will work along with you to lie low. But you must believe my feelings for you will never change and you must never make your own decision alone to ignore me again, alarji?”

Sulli didn’t know what else she can do except to nod. She has always been dependent on Minho and without him around, she has almost lost control of everything.

Seeing him now gave her a sense of security again. She clasped his hands tightly and managed to say: “Oppa… don’t ever let go of my hands.”

Minho returned with a tight grip and assured : “I won’t let go, even if you push me away.”