Silent warning

sunbae or soulmate

 

Amber was not around due to her injury and the FX girls needed a rapper to stand in Amber’s place for the KJ Town shows. Naturally, Minho was asked to help out since he is one of the rapper in Shinee and he is familiar with FX’s ‘CHU’ due to the previous joint publicity activities.

‘CHU’ collaboration had given Sulli and Minho more chances to see each other. Though there was practically no chance for them to be alone, they treasured every additional moment when they can send their affections through Hi-Fives, smiley eyes and subtle skinship. They always try to be near each other during break time and during ending stage. Nonetheless, Minho still hangs out often with TVXQ and SUJUs hyungs while Sulli hangs out with her FX members or Hee Chul so that they would not seem too obvious in front of others.

Four shows finished in a row and the KJE artistes were exhausted. Still, they need to resume their schedule for their individual activities: Shinee to return to Japan while FX, SNSD and SUJUs to return back to Seoul.

Minho and Sulli had fun during the world tour though they have to be separated now again due to their schedule.

 

On the plane to Seoul

“Omo… jinjiat?” Tiffany shouted as she was surfing the internet via her phone. The rest of the SNSD eunnies. SUJU Oppas and FX gathered around her to find out what has caused Tiffany to react in such a shock.

“Omo… otokae?” Yoona covered and looked at SUJU Lee Teuk beside her, equally in shock.

Sulli gasped as she read “Dating photos of Shinee Jong Hyun with Shin Se Kyung were all over the internet….”

 

On the plane to Japan

“Hyung… jinjiat? You are dating and we actually didn’t know?” Taemin was still thinking this is happy news, oblivious to the worried looks of all his other hyungs.

Onew: “Manager Hyung said the reporters had already contacted the company to verify this news. We will need to do a conference call with the management straight after we touched down in Japan.”

Jong Hyun apologised helplessly: “Neh, I knew this day was coming. I knew someone has taken our photos but just not sure when it will be released online. I am sorry for not telling you all, and I am sorry for pulling you all in this mess.”

Minho now understood why his hyung had always been busy checking on the internet while on the plane. He gave a supporting squeeze at his hyung’s shoulder as he understood how he felt: “Hyung, don’t worry. I will stand with you.”

 

The next two days were chaotic. News reports flooded the print and online media with the news reading “Jong Hyun and Shin Se Kyung confirmed dating.” There were mixed feelings from the fans and the management adjusted Jong Hyun’s schedule to avoid any additional media’s attention. The rest of the Shinee boys were also told not to say anything, but to direct all related queries to their manager.

The news finally died down in the industry after much damage control and all KJE artistes were reminded once again to refrain from being in a relationship.

 

Sulli had felt the pressure since Jong Hyun’s relationship was disclosed. She saw how the Shinee fans react and how the management has gone all out to control the news. She had wanted to text Minho to ask about Jong Hyun Oppa but stopped when she wondered what will happen to Minho and herself if their relationship was disclosed one day? Would she have the courage to face all the comments and media’s attention??

Minho also refrained from contacting Sulli especially during this highly sensitive period. He lent Jong Hyun his support but can’t deny how much pressure this news had caused to his hyung.

 

“Hyung, don’t worry. We are returning to Seoul tomorrow for Dream Concert, you can take the chance to see noona then.” Minho thought Jong Hyun must be worried about seeing his girlfriend after the news.

Jong Hyun: “There is no need for me to do… we have broken up.”

Minho: “Huh?” It was only a few months since the news was released. “Broke up? Why?”

Jong Hyun patted Minho’s back: “Minho ah, it is like this. We are still idols, we are still at the peak of our career. For such news to be released doesn’t actually do us good. Se Kyung had received much pressure from her management too. Of cos, KJ is not going to let me off lightly, for creating this mess. Breaking up is the best way for both of us.”

Minho: “Hyung, so we can’t get into a relationship at all, only till our career has reached a plateau?”

Jong Hyun nodded: “Well … it depends … some people can still do it if they hide it well….” He looked at Minho’s bewildered face: “Aishhhh, you won’t understand.” 

 

As expected, the day when Shinee returned to Seoul attracted many media members to turn up at the airport. Apparently, KJE has released a statement on that very day, to say Jong Hyun and Shin Se Kyung had broken up and will remain as friends.

Manager Hyung tried to block away all media and shoved all members into the van to head for the dream concert destination.

 

At dream concert venue:

Today is the day when Sulli can meet Minho again after their few months of busy schedule. She should feel happy to see someone she missed deeply, but the news statement of Jong Hyun Oppa breaking up with Se Kyung Eunnie that was released today seems like a silent warning to her.

FX finished their rehearsal and returned to their holding room for the actual performance. Sulli was rather quiet throughout the whole day. Normally, she will be bubbly and hopped around the different holding rooms to visit other idols who are around. Today, she just wanted to enjoy the peace in her own world.

Luna: “Sulli, you don’t want to get your dinner? We are going to get ours now.”, seeing Sulli in a daze.

Sulli: “huh…. No eunnie, I am not hungry. You all can go ahead.”

Victoria: “You feeling unwell?”, and placed her hands on Sulli’s forehead.

Sulli smiled weakly: “Aniyo Eunnie, just feeling slightly tired.”

Victoria gave her a hug: “Then you better take this time to rest since we have some time before the actual performance.”

Sulli nodded. She was really feeling very exhausted from the back to back schedules, from the practices and more from needing to hide her real feelings from everyone. She sprawled her upper body on the make-up table in front of her, rest her head on her left hand and looked at the photo of the rabbit plushie which she set as her phone wallpaper.

“Can you give me strength?” she quietly said as she used her fingers to poke at the rabbit plushie picture continuously. “Can you???”

Her phone vibrated at this juncture with “New message from Rabbit’s owner: What are you doing” reflected on the screen.  It was Minho.

Sulli had named Minho as Rabbit’s owner in her phone so that no one will know it is him when he texted. Sulli stared at his message, hesitating to give a reply.

Minho was just standing outside FX’s holding room when he texted Sulli. He had met the rest of FX girls at the dining area earlier and didn’t see Sulli in sight. He skipped dinner as well, with an excuse to find his buddy Chang Min, but came to see what is wrong with Sulli instead.

Minho opened the door quietly and saw Sulli sprawling on the make-up table, with her back facing the door. He had sent her another text asking to see her at the dining area yet Sulli continued to ignore his messages.

“Is she unwell?”He wondered after observing that Sulli was not responding. He pushed the door and stepped into FX holding room.

“Eunnies… you all are finally back?” Sulli asked in an agyeo, thinking that her members are back, while still sprawled on the table looking at her phone.

Minho peeped from behind her to see what she was doing. He saw the picture of the rabbit plushie on her phone screen and chuckled. He bent his head lower to Sulli’s ear and spoke in a charismatic low voice: “Why are you talking to a rabbit yet ignoring my messages?”

Sulli was startled to hear a guy instead of her eunnies. She jumped up from her seat immediately, not realising her head had crash into Minho’s nose with her reaction.    

Minho collapsed onto the ground with his face facing down: “Ouchhhhhhhhhhhh…”

“OMO, I am sorry…. Kenchana? Sulli now then realised it was Minho when she helped him up on a chair.

Sulli: “Oppa?”

“Of course, it is me. Or are you expecting some other guys to come that close to you?” Minho snorted, rubbing his injured nose.

Sulli felt sorry: “Aniya, I was just shocked.” She saw his nose turn red, and recalled how his nose also became red when he kissed her on her cheeks while doing the first CF. She missed that feeling ….  smiled to herself and patted Minho’s nose lightly with her hand: “I am sorry.”

Minho grabbed Sulli’s hand that was patting his nose and looked up at her with a serious face: “I miss you Sulli.”

Sulli pulled her hand out of Minho’s hand and looked away. “Oppa, is Jong Hyun Oppa ok?” She tried to divert Minho’s attention.

“Not good. He was quite affected. They have broken up.” Minho sighed.

“Oppa…” Sulli’s voice became softer and turned her back against Minho.

Minho: “Whei?”

With her back still against Minho, Sulli swallowed her saliva and mumbled: “Why not we just end here?”