Is business for us

sunbae or soulmate

 

Sulli and Minho don’t usually contact each other outside of the company. One reason is that they have really very busy schedules and their respective manager and members are always around, hence both are sensible kids who are equally careful not to show their affections overly even it is through exchanges of phone messages.

Sulli was looking forward to this special stage practice as she hasn’t seen Shinee or rather Minho for some time.

 

In the van towards KJE’s for Gayo special stage practice and rehearsal

Victoria: Krystal, so you have started your recording for dream team already? Thank god you are the most athletic one among us, if not I wonder who can represent us for the couple high jump series in the programme."

Krystal: Neh Eunnie, I was quite scared at first since high jump is really not my cup of tea too, but overall it was fun. We still have a few more recordings to do.”

Amber pushed her lightly, half teasing:" Aye.. don't worry.. u have Minho Oppa right. I heard he really took good care of you at the programme and the fans also like to see both of you together. I have seen comments online commenting how good you two look together." inviting the other members to giggle and Krystal to blush.

Sulli already knew Minho is a regular for dream team variety programmes and his desire for winning is always so strong that he will do whatever he can, just for the win. But this is also one of the reason why she liked Minho cos of his never give up attitude.

Thinking that dream team is a super guy show, and given her busy schedule, Sulli did not really pay much attention to the development of this programme, only till Krystal was selected to join as a guest star for the high jump segment. She never thought that the PD will make this segment a couple high jump contest and she cannot believe she is actually feeling sour now upon hearing that Minho took great care of Krystal and the fans like them as a couple.

Sulli could feel energy being sapped away from her. Her initial desire to see Minho disappeared as she felt her heart turn cold, just like the snow on the pavement…

 

At the studio….

"Taemin, you will teach Sulli the dance steps."

As predicted, FX had to join Shinee for their Ring Ding Dong performance. To save time, each FX member was tagged to a Shinee member to learn the Ring Ding Dong dance separately. Sulli was tagged to Taemin and Minho was with Krystal again.

Already feeling sour, Sulli just could not concentrate on prefecting the dance with Taemin. Sulli has always had problems with her stamina and the complex dance steps had almost taken half her life away.

"Sulli, why not I go through the steps slowly again." Taemin offered, seeing how tired she was. 

"Oppa, it is really tough. I am really very sorry to hold you up." Sulli pouted, seeing that the rest of FX and Shinee members had already perfected theirs and are allowed to have a break now. With her mind still pre-occupied with Minho and Krystal as dream team couple now, Sulli was not aware that a pair of burning eyes were actually staring at them when Taemin came behind her to adjust her hands and legs to the correct dance positions.

"Still not done?” Minho faked a cough to interrupt them and offered a bottle of water to Taemin, while keeping his eyes over Sulli who was sitting on the floor, clearly exhausted. "Do you guys need my help?"

“A_ni_yo! Sulli snapped straight away, didn't even bother to look up.

Minho’s POV

Minho was rather irritated with the rejection. What is wrong with his princess again? and he should be the one who is angry right. How dare she reject me… So she just enjoy shouting at me in front of Taemin and spending time with Taemin???? Fine!!

"Good to hear that! I will leave both of you alone then. Please don’t let us wait for toooooo long" he said sarcastically and stomped out of the dance studio to join the rest for a break.

 

Taemin came into the break room 30 mins later.

Jong hyun hugged his little brother:" Wahhhhh Taemin. Finally??? So you are all done? Do you really know how to teach? If not why is it so hard for Sulli to follow the dance steps? We are all waiting for you and Sulli before we can rehearse together before the actual stage. Come on.."

Taemin:"Neh hyung, we are done. We can begin once Sulli come back from the restroom."

Sulli's Pov

Sulli washed her face to freshen herself...

“Well. I know I should not be angry.... this is our career and inevitably, I will have to work with other idol members next time too.  So I should not feel sour…. furthermore Krystal is my best friend... everything will be fine... breathe Sulli... breathe”

She stepped out of the restroom preparing to join the rest but was surprised to see Minho standing along the corridor, looking at her.

Paused in her steps, she looked at Minho's eyes... a burning and stern gaze....

"Oops..he must be here to scold me for snapping at him just now….. Signs of danger ….better run..." Sulli clearly knew it was wrong to snap at Minho earlier, especially in front of his dong seng – Taemin. But she can’t bring herself to apologise now too as she still feel sore no matter how hard she tried to convinced herself that this is purely business. Sulli did not want to appear like a selfish girl in front of Minho who get jealous over such small issue easily hence she decided the best way is to keep a straight face looking forward and walk past Minho.

As expected, a strong grip on her right arm stopped her.

"arggg..he is going to bark at me..." Sulli thought. She paused in her steps, bite her bottom lips and closed her eyes heaving a heavy sigh, waiting for Minho's nagging to start.

She waited... no questioning… no nagging…..  just silence. The silence did not last for long as it was overcome with sounds of imaginary fireworks blooming in Sulli’s hearts when she felt a pair of warm soft lips landing on her own.

Sulli opened her eyes and stared at Minho's closed eyes in front of her and... and.... his lips on hers. Her eyes grew rounder and wider and she held her breath.

Minho planted a quick peck on Sulli's lip, cautious of anyone who may walk past in the company. Though he was the one who initiated the kiss, he was shy and tried to hide his shyness with a pretended stern voice:" Ms Choi, I have now sealed your lips and it is now my property. So don't ever snap at me in future. Ar lar ji? And no pouting of your lips to other guys - SM family members included, Ar la ji?"

Sulli was still stunned after the kiss. She frantically looked around to check that no one has seen the peck planting:"Oppa, are you mad? What are you doing, you forgot that we are in the company?"

Minho:"Yes, I am mad, I have gone berserk because my princess is giving me the cold shoulders again! which is why I need to issue my princess with a yellow card now (yellow card means “a first warning” in soccer game context) before she attracts other oppas in the company like Taemin to come hovering after her." Minho said, still feeling unhappy when he recalled Taemin holding Sulli's hand.

Sulli:"Taemin Oppa???? Whei?? Ohhhhh ... you meant the dance practice? He was just teaching me..."

Sulli felt so unjust for receiving this comment.  She pouted again: "Well, at least Taemin Oppa doesn't have his arms around my shoulders and we didn't behave like a couple in front of the fans at Dream Team." Sulli didn't know why she still blurted that out even though she has tidied her emotions in the restroom earlier.

Minho’s POV

Minho was shocked to hear what Sulli said. He will be an idiot if he still doesn’t feel her jealousy. He knew Sulli is not into such sports related programmes and for her to say such words, she must have heard some rumours going around.

Minho immediately felt apologetic towards Sulli. His voice toned down as if he was trying to coaxing a baby to sleep: “Sulli…. you know that is not what you think. I admitted I took care of Krystal more than normal but I swear she is just like a sister. As we are in the same team, I need to help her win... is purely for the game... I know there are some rumours going around.. but... but…" he stuttered.

Sulli’s POV

She does understand but she is just not happy. Although Minho had given her the cookie saying he loves her, Sulli is still not sure what their current status is. Minho did not officially ask her to be his girlfriend; neither did he tell Sulli in the face that he loves her….

In times like this, Sulli hoped she can show her jealousy just like a normal girl but she knew she had to be considerate since this is still the rule of the game.

"Oppa, arlasoh. Don't have to explain. I understand … is business right…" Sulli looked at Minho with a helpless but sincere face.

Minho felt blessed: “Kombawa Sulli, you are really my soulmate, you understand Oppa right? I am always with you.”

"Oppa, you don't have to thank me.” She paused and later smirked. She whispered: “This also means my lips are not yours and I can be close to other Oppas as well... is business for me too....ar lar ji?" Sulli gave a cheeky smile, aimed a punch at Minho’s stomach and ran off.

Minho didn’t expect such a hard punch to come from this frail looking girl. "Ouch…..Ya!!!! Choi Sulli!!!!!"