Kang Tae Joon Iminda

sunbae or soulmate

 

Sulli thought about the need to cut her hair for the drama and sighed again. She has kept her hair long for years and she really like how she look now with her hair length at her waist.

*Flashback*

Sulli whined: “Aniyo, I don’t want to cut my hair.”

Luna: “But this is a great chance for you to step into acting, isn’t that what you always wanted?”

Krystal: “Ya, you can grow your hair longer again after your drama ends.

Amber: “Short hair is good too, look at mine.”

Victoria: “Sulli, go for it, you may never have such chances if you missed this one.”

*end of flashback*

Sulli tossed and turned in her bed. She wanted to ask Minho for his opinion, but he is currently busy with Shinee’s Japan schedule and his new drama preparation so Sulli decided not to bother him with this small matter.

 

In Japan

Minho approached Manager Hyung who was with the rest of the Shinee boys: “Hyung, has the cast list for the drama confirmed? The drama shooting is starting soon yet I have not met the drama team, I am worried.”

Onew: “Wahhhhh… the male lead can’t wait to know who the female lead is huh…?”

Jong Hyun started to again: “Is it from After school? Kara?”, causing the rest to burst out laughing again.

Manager Hyung: “The cast list was confirmed just yesterday and there will be quite a few press conferences and publicity activities which you need to attend as well. Be prepared for the busy schedule. Ah yes… this is your briefing notes for the drama.”

“So who is the female lead? Jinjiat After School and Kara?” Key continued to probe and giggle.

Manager Hyung: “Aniyooo. It is Sulli.”

Taemin could not believe his ears: “Huh…. Sulli? Our Sulli??? Sulli from FX?”

“So Sulli and Minho will be acting as boyfriend and girlfriend??? Shiro…. This is … there are oppa-dong seng ah.” Key added.

Jong Hyun: “I agreed…. They are Oppa-Dong Seng ah… how can they act as lovers?”

Minho helplessly received the series of bombarding from s as he was too shocked to react. Sulli is the female lead for his drama? He still couldn’t believe that his prayers are answers.  Sulli will finally have collaboration with him.

To avoid suspicions, he quickly rebutted s: “Whei???… it is just for a drama … What’s wrong with us acting as lovers…”. He tried to speak calmly but still could not hide his happy tone upon knowing Sulli is the female lead.

Manager Hyung: “Ya, Minho and Sulli are professional artistes; they will know how to manage the kiss scene.”

This time, all Shinee boys including Minho were shocked: “What????? Kiss scene?”

“Hyung, jin….jiat?” Minho asked worriedly not because he hasn’t kiss Sulli before, but doing it for a drama in front of so many people and some more with the girl he loves? Everything still seems scary for Minho.

Onew continued to tease Minho: “Ya… how can Minho kiss his own sister? This is outrageous.”

Jong Hyun: “ohhh my Sulliiiiii, how can you be kissed by the largest woodblock in Shinee?”

“Ya!!!!”Minho can only yell as a way to fend off all these bullets that are coming from s.

The rest of the members just laughed while Minho threw his towel at Jong Hyun for revenge, but he is really looking very forward to the drama shooting.

 

“Goo Jae Hee, why are you not picking up my calls?” Sulli received a text message from Minho while she was doing her photo shoot and saw there were 6 missed calls from him.

“Goo Jae Hee? Isn’t it the name of the role that I am playing for the drama?” Sulli giggled to herself while reading the message,  but wondered how did Minho know since publicity for the drama has not started and she was also too pre-occupied with her emotional barrier against cutting her hair that she hasn’t even told Minho about the drama.

She texted Minho: “Neh.. Goo Jae Hee Iminda…  Biyane.. for missing your calls. I am in a photoshoot now. You heard that I have been casted for a drama?”

Minho smiled as Sulli’s message came in. “kekeke.. pabo… she really didn’t know any details regarding this drama….”  He thought and quickly typed another reply: “Goo Jae Hee, Na….............Kang Tae Joon imida…....”

Sulli’s eyes widened in surprise as she saw Minho’s latest reply. She remembered hearing ‘Kang Tae Joon’ from her manager while he was briefing her on her role for the drama.

*flashback*

“Oppa, what role am I playing? Why do I really need to cut my hair? Sulli flipped through the briefing notes that Manager Oppa passed to her.

Manager Oppa: “You are playing the role of a female student who disguised herself as a guy just to sneak into a boy’s school to meet her beaut named Kang Tae Joon. This is why you need to cut your hair so that you can pass off as a guy.”

Sulli: “What? A guy’s hair style?” Initially Sulli was still thinking she may need to cut her hair to a shoulder’s length hairstyle or slightly shorter. But a guy’s crew cut????"

*End of flashback*

 

“Oppa, Minho Oppa will be in the same drama as me? Why didn’t you tell me?” Sulli asked her manager Oppa excitedly after the photoshoot.

Manager Oppa: “Whei? You don’t really seem quite interested in the drama eversince I told you about the hair cut so I didn’t tell you. Neh, Minho is the male lead, that’s why I told you that you need not worry since you are not the only one from KJE.”

Sulli: “Alarsoh… Oppa… don’t’ worry, I will cut my hair for this role.”

Sulli picked up her briefing notes and bid her goodbye, leaving her Manager Oppa to wonder why the sudden change in her attitude regarding the need to cut her hair.

Sulli could not believe that she has been given this opportunity to be in a drama and with Minho. She imagined the amount of time they can see each other again and smiled. Although she need to cut her hair, although she will be tired with the drama and FX’s come back, she still feel happy thinking of having Minho by her side.

 

Same for Minho, he has so much word he wanted to say and so many things he will like to do for Sulli. With the duration that they will spend at the drama set, Minho can’t resist smiling to himself.

 

 

Finally, Minho is back from Japan to kick-start the drama’s publicity activities. Sulli now understood why the actors and actresses can’t seem to have the time to sleep. The amount of effort involved to put together a drama is huge – photoshoot, interviews, press conference, fan meeting… Sulli just hoped she can withstand this hectic schedule.

Today, all the casts for the drama were brought together in a meeting room to go through the details of their roles and the scripts for the first 5 episodes. Other than Sulli and Minho, there are also Lee Hyun Woo, Kwang Hee and Kim Ji Won.

“Peck on the lips?” Sulli sent a worrying and questioning glance to Minho who was sitting behind her as she read the script.

Minho was calm and shrugged his shoulders as he had already endured the shocking moment together with his Shinee members earlier.

Sulli nudged Minho and whispered: “Oppa, you already knew there is a kiss scene and you didn’t tell me?”

Minho: “I heard Manager Hyung mentioned before, but I didn’t know what kind of kiss it is too. Whei? You dislike kissing me?

Sulli replied immediately: “Aniya. I didn’t say I dislike.” Not realising that Minho is making fun of her again.

Sulli can see Minho giggling at her reaction. Feeling embarrassed, she turned her head and hide it behind the stack of briefing notes, but she never forget to give Minho’s thigh a tight pinch under the meeting room table for mocking at her earlier.