Secret in the rabbit

sunbae or soulmate

 

Sulli returned to her room and fortunately the in-charge has yet to come back.

Just as Minho said, Sulli really treated the plushie as Minho. Since she can’t see Minho every day, she can only use the rabbit plushie as Minho’s substitute since he is always not around.  

“What message can there be?” Sulli thought to herself and turned the rabbit plushie back and forth. “How can I not have seen the message when I have it around me all the time? Sulli was curious yet she just could not find anything on the rabbit.

“Omo…… or Is he playing a trick on me again??? Aissshhhh….” She rolled on her bed and squeezed the rabbit plushie, pretending that she was strangling Minho. “You will get it from me tomorrow…. Choi Min …..” She stopped yelling and sat up on her bed immediately as she felt something unusual around the rabbit’s stomach.

She finally found a tiny zipper on the rabbit’s stomach. Feeling excited, she quickly pulled open the zipper and peeped inside the rabbit’s body.

“This is really amazing.” She was smiling to herself and thinking that it was really fun. As the opening on the rabbit is really small, Sulli can’t really see what is hidden inside. She slided her finger in and felt a piece of note. She pulled the note out with a tough tug and something shiny dropped on to the ground.

Sulli gasped as she saw a platinum ring on the bed.

“Why is there a ring in the plushie?” Tonnes of question marks bombarded Sulli as she unfolded the note. It was Minho’s handwriting…..

 

My dearest Princess Sulli,

I bought this ring today in Japan with this plushie, with the fact that I already knew you are the one for me and I have decided to only love you in this life time. But your oppa is really not sure if I have the ability to protect you and our emerging love…… I am not sure if I can really give you happiness… or if you will leave me one day when you become tired of being by my side. This is why I am going to hide this ring in the plushie. If the day comes and you are still having this plushie with you, I will reveal this ring. but if you decide to give up on me one day even before I pass you this ring, I will just let my love and this ring to be a hidden secret in the rabbit plushie forever.

Sulli, if you are reading this now, it means we have come together for a year and is still growing strong. I hope it is not too late for me to say this:

Saranghae! Will you give me a chance to ask you officially to be my girlfriend?

Love, Minho

 

Sulli didn’t realise tears of happiness were already flowing down from her eyes as she read the note from Minho. She didn’t expect Minho to keep track that they have been together for one year. She didn't expect him to hide a ring in the plushie more than a year ago with the plan to pass it to her now. All the more, she didn’t expect Minho to have set his heart for her since then. Sulli was touched by Minho’s dedication. She held the platinum ring tightly in her hands with tears of joy, yet she didn’t put the ring on her finger.

 

The next morning

Minho was wondering why Sulli didn’t text her after they each returned to their room the night before. “She would have seen the note and the ring right? She should be texting me to say how happy she is, isn’t it?” A series of thoughts ran through Minho’s mind as he waited with Siwon Hyung at the lobby for Sulli and the in-charge.

Minho’s only attention was locked at Sulli who was following behind the in-charge. Minho looked at Sulli’s hand but didn’t see the ring at all.

“Good morning Oppas.” Sulli greeted both Siwon and Minho with her broadest smile. She looked at Minho, wanting to flash him a smiley eye contact but Minho gave her a grumpy face instead. Sulli just smiled to herself and grumpy Minho refused to talk to everyone even Siwon throughout the entire ride to the airport.      

In-charge: “Siwon, you are going to China for SUJU-M show later so I will accompany you to check in earlier. Sulli and Minho, both of you will wait here at the lounge for me since our flight is later.”

The in-charge then left with Siwon, leaving Minho and Sulli sitting side by side on a sofa in the lounge.

Sulli moved closer to Minho: “Oppa, do you want a coffee?” Sulli offered, but was ignored by Minho.

“Or do you want a bread? A biscult?” Sulli continued with a smile but was faced with Minho’s fierce glares.

Finally unable to stand this any longer, Minho spoke with a stern voice: “Don’t you have other things to tell me?”

Seeing Minho's angry expressions, Sulli giggled. She nodded and then shook her head again.

Minho: “mwo????” Minho was already feeling pissed off. He gave all his heart for this girl, yet his feelings were ignored.

Seeing what a woodblock Minho is, Sulli pouted: “Oppa, do you need me to tell you so explicitly? I can’t tell you if you never ask me, alarji?…”

“Ask what……” Minho began to raise his voice, but stopped his sentence when he saw Sulli trying to hide her giggles.

Minho: “Ya… you did this on purpose?” and his previous grumpy attitude disappeared immediately to welcome a smile.

“Aniyooo.” Sulli felt amused after finally being able to trick Minho but still feeling upset over his tardiness, she stood up, preparing to leave the sofa.

A strong tug at her hand pulled her back and she now landed in Minho’s arm, sitting on his lap.

“Oppa!! Don’t do this, what if people see us?” she struggled and turned her head around, checking frantically.

Minho kept Sulli tightly in his embrace and guided her face to look at him: “So Sulli, I am asking you officially now. Will you be my girlfriend?”

Sulli looked at Minho and saw a smile planted on that previous grumpy face. She recalled the note that this silly man had wrote for her. Nothing else can describe how happy she is.

“Pabo…” Sulli  affectionately ran her hand to ruffle through Minho’s hair and pulled out the necklace beneath her blouse to show Minho the ring that she had already attached to her necklace.  

 

Two weeks later at the company with FX practising for their 'Electric Shock' come back:

Manager Oppa: “Ok, this is your schedule including the schedule for KJ Town shows for these few months. Sulli, congrats, your schedule will be busier as you have been selected for the female lead in a SBS drama.

All FX girls: “Wahhhh”

Victoria: “Cha ka ha mi da Sulli, you finally can taste the experience of being an actress now.” And the rest of the members gave her a hug to congratulate her.

Sulli was still dazed with the sudden announcement: “Oppa, what drama? Me? What is this about?”

Manager Oppa: “A new school drama. Don’t worry, there will be a meeting to brief you more with the other actors and actresses. Just that you need to cut your hair, will that be any problem?”

Sulli: “mwo???? Cut hair??? Shiro!!!!!”