You heard what I said?

sunbae or soulmate

 

Minho’s POV

Choi Minho! You deserved it. You heartlessly left her alone previously and now she is doing it back to you.

 Minho felt helpless. Sometimes, he hopes he can be like a normal choi minho, who can declare his love openly for his loved ones, a minho who can have a girlfriend and hug her regardless whether the moments are happy or sad, a minho who can be real and transparent in front of a girl he likes.   

 Thankfully the schedule went past successfully. FX was able to gain much exposure and they received much love from their fans.  

They came to the last schedule which is a live fan meet. The fans were already seated in the studio waiting to see their idols. The artistes were supposed to share their experiences so as for their fans to know them better. This show is beneficial especially for new rookie group like FX. Since it was a closed door event, the fans who can attend are rather limited.

The theme of the talk was to share how these idols survive their training days.

Emcee: “Let’s welcome our shiniest idols and future idols –Shinee and FX!!!”

Shinee and FX members came into the studio, greeted the emcee and fans before sitting on the ground in a semi circle around the emcee.

The emcee started the talk with Shinee’s members first, and Shinee shared how they cope during their training days and how tough it was to train before debut. FX’s members also took the air time to share how they iron out their differences at first since they came from different places before forming the group.

Emcee: “oh, so which member in Fx trains the longest with KJE before debut?”

Victoria: “Sulli, she has been with the company since she is in primary 5.”

Emcee: “wow…. So sulli, was it tough then?”

Sulli: “well, it was very tough for me since I still have to attend school, but the company has helped me a lot.” As usual, Sulli gave very brief answer.

Emcee: “didn’t the oppas here help you?” while pointing to Shinee. “or were they just interested in their own debut?”, causing Shinee, FX and the fans to laugh.

Sulli stammered. She thought she will just need to share her training experience after she met her members. Not when she just joined the company. “erm… neh… they did help...”

 Sulli felt she may break down anytime. She tried hard to control her tears.

Emcee noticed the short pause and moved on to the next question: “ oh what about this…is anyone dating now? I am sure many of your fans will like to know” the emcee’s question once again triggered much commotion from the fans.

Jong Hyun: “Aniyo, we are all so busy, don’t even have time for ourselves.”

Emcee: “what about first love, talk about your first love before dubut?”

 This question was a surprise to all since managers did not mention that they have to share about it.

Emcee: “Sulli, what about your first love? I am sure beautiful girls like you have guys running after you?”

Sulli stammered. She didn’t expect this question. She looked at her leader who also gave her a helpless expression: “nehhh.. erm…erm…. I don’t really have a first love, cos it wasn’t really an official relationship anyway. There was once an oppa who has given me a lot of assistance when I was helpless at the beginning. I was thankful and I really enjoy spending my time with him. Ermmm…. I learnt a lot. I even sent him a message to say I like him but he rejected me.”

Minho frozed in his seat. “the text message..” He recalled the text message that Sulli sent him.

Sulli didn’t realise tears has already flooded her eyes and she can’t control her tears from flowing.

Emcee was shocked. “Whei yo Sulli, are you crying?” the FX and Shinee members were shocked too, Victoria who was sitting beside her started to hug her and pat her back, with means to console her. But tears just won’t stop flowing.

Minho felt Sulli’s sadness and he wished he could hug her tightly right now and wipe away her tears. He regretted ignoring Sulli without explaining to her his rationale… sigh….

Remembering that fans may be doing fancams, Sulli suddenly smiled at the emcee even though her tears continue to flow. “I am sorry. I just remembered again how tough trainee days were, so I can’t control.” She forced a smile again and more tears flowed from her smiley eyes.

Emcee: “don’t cry Sulli… the oppa is a trainee like you?”

Sulli could not lie, but she can’t admit it is a trainee else trouble will spell.

She told a white lie: “aniyo… he is not a trainee….” (Sulli’s POV:  Minho is not a trainee, he is her sunbae so it is not actually a lie anyway)

Emcee: “what about Shinee?”

Onew was about to use his wittiness to get over this topic when he started to hear someone speaking.

Onew’s POV

What is this guy doing? He is always the listener and will not share much on such thing. What is he doing now?”

Minho would have let his leader handle such situation if it were other recording or fanmeets. But seeing how Sulli has sincerely shared her emotions, Minho could not control his thoughts as well: “For me, I met a very special girl before I debuted. She is cute and always brought me food. But we didn’t get together even though she said she like me.” The other shinee members stared at him, shocked and worried.

Emcee: “Whei yo?”

Minho: “erm… cos being an idol’s girlfriend is tough?” Surprisingly, Minho’s innocent reply managed to save the situation as this sentence brought laughter to the fans and emcee. Fans were discussing what a good boy Minho is, always considerate towards others.

Emcee: “so Minho ah, you rejected the girl cos you think it will be tough for you or her?”

Minho: “Aniyo, I didn’t reject her. She has always remained special in my heart, till today. But it will be tough for both of us if we really get together so I decided to let go and keep everything here.” he pointed to where his heart is. He glanced at Sulli who was looking in his direction. Sulli was taken aback and immediately looked away.

Emcee: “wahhhhh, so is she a trainee like you too?” causing the fans to giggle and laugh.

Minho: “aniyo.. aniyo.” (Minho’s POV: she is not a trainee, Sulli is my precious princess…)

Sulli’s POV

Is he talking about the message I sent him? No…. he is not…. Sulli.. be clear minded. It is not possible! He is just faking a story.

 

The fanmeet ended successfully and both Shinee and FX returned to their holding room to change before they leave.

Onew: “wah Minho.. daebak. I thought we are all going to be stuck at that question. Thanks to your quick story that we are able to turn the situation around.”

Victoria: “Neh Minho, Kamsahamida, but if you have shared that earlier, wuri Sulli may not even have to share hers and weep like a baby on TV. We also didn’t know she has met her special guy before debut.”

Minho clarified: “Hyung… noona, it is not a story, it is real. I really met this girl and I like her” He said with conviction and checked Sulli for her reaction.

Onew opened his eyes wider: “jinjiat? How come you never share it with us? You bad boy.” Slapping Minho on the back.

Minho: “Hyung, we did not get together anyway, and I think she hates me now. But if I had a chance, I just want to tell her that I didn’t mean to ignore her message. It was silly for me to escape and avoid then. If I had a chance, I will let her know that the reason why I did not reply her is cos I really like her and I hope to protect her.”

Key and Jong Hyun giggled: “Ya, are you shooting a drama here…why are you explaining to us, don’t treat us like your special girl.” Key pretended to shiver and made the other members giggle.

Sulli’s POV

Sulli pretended to be out of this whole conversation throughout and continued to pack her things. But she heard what Minho said. “I like her and and I want to protect her”

Minho’s POV

Did she hear what I said, omo… did she know that i am talking about her? Pabo ya.. I still think I was smart to use this as a platform to explain. What if she doesn’t even know it was for her.

 

Manager: “Ka ja… Onew, Jong Hyun, you have to attend Star King. Taemin and Key to go photoshoot. FX to return to hostel except Sulli. Sulli and Minho, both of you to go for CF briefing. Let’s go now”

 

Sulli’s POV

What?!!!!??? I don’t want to be with him by myself, especially at this time right after the fan meet…. But I can’t tell Manager Oppa that I don’t want to go since I am just a newbie now. What have I gotten myself into…. She sulked.

Arhhhhh… I have a plan…

Minho’s POV

Great! Without the others around, I can take this time to explain to her in the van...