Baby cousin to the rescue

sunbae or soulmate

With F(x) also busy with their comeback preparation, Minho and Sulli spent most of their time focusing on their career during this period of time. Shinee remained busy attending variety shows and music shows for Dream Girl promotion and Minho had also been casted for several emcee duties which had made his schedule even tighter than the other members. F(x)’s schedule was also packed with their performance at Austin,Texas as well as their dance practices in LA.

Minho was departing for Vietnam for a Dream Team recording today. He sent a message to Sulli just to let her know about the recording and his whereabouts.

Minho: “Sulli, I will be flying to Vietnam for a Dream Team recording, will be back in Seoul tomorrow night.”

Sulli: “Alarsoh. I will be going back to Seoul from LA tomorrow night too. Hee hee.. You are joining Dream Team again? Aren’t you already busy with your come back promotion? Anyway, take care oppa. Enjoy your man against man competition.”

Sulli smiled as she returned Minho’s message, imaging Minho’s competitive face as he competes to be the first in the race. On the other hand, she wondered if she will be arriving at the same time with Minho in Seoul and catch a glimpse of him. To be frank, Sulli is already missing him as it has been a long while since they last met.  

=======================

Luna: “Sulli… are you done? We have to continue practicing.”

“Neh eunnie. I am done. Coming.” Sulli kept her phone and resumed their dance practices and it was almost another 8 hours before they really break for the day.

Luna: “I am so tired and hungry.. shall we go have a good meal before we return to seoul tomorrow?”

Sulli raised her hands excitedly: “I am in… I miss eating…”

Amber: “Hahhha… Count me in.”

Victoria: “Alarsoh alarsoh… we will all go have a good meal, omma’s treat!”

Sulli: “Yeah…. I knew wuri omma is the best!!! Yah.. soo jung.. what are you busy with? No response from you? So you don’t want to eat?”

“Of course I want to eat. Just give me a moment… someone posted this video of the recent Dream Team recording… yikes… poor idols..” Krystal walked over to the F(x) girls with her ipad.

Luna: “Whei?” Luna took over Krystal’s ipad and replay the video.

Amber: “Minho Oppa is there? Wahhhhh….. why do they make the idols play such games?”

Krystal : “Poor oppa.”

Sulli’s eyes became blurry as she stared beyond the video, beyond the ipad… the clip of someone else in Minho’s arms seem to replay itself continuously in her brain.

Victoria: “Sulli, luckily we are not the sporty ones so we are quite safe from playing all these games.. hahaha..”

“Sulli?” Victoria nudged Sulli when she didn’t respond. “Ken Cha Na?”

“Huh…. Neh eunnie.. Ken cha na…. I am just thinking of the food tomorrow…. Really hungry…” Sulli gave a weak smile.

Victoria: “Then you better eat more tomorrow.”

===========

The ride back to the hotel was exceptionally quiet. Usually Sulli is the one who will be making noise, but now she is too exhausted to do so partly due to the practice and to the video clip… A series of thoughts began to stream into Sulli’s head.

She wondered if Minho had already knew the structure of the game but yet didn’t tell her beforehand…. she sighed quietly as she also wondered if she would not have felt upset at all even if Minho had told her beforehand? wait… did she just say upset??? Sulli rested her head against the window panes of the van and sighed again.

================

Minho boarded the plane back to Seoul and worried how he can explain to Sulli about the recording that took place. He was told that it was a water game and that he had to team up with another female idol, yet he didn’t realize that he had to have such close contact with the female idol, which is why he didn’t even preserve to win the game which is not common given his usual competitiveness nature.

Still…. No matter what he was thinking, the game had already happened and will be aired in a month’s time. He had to find time to explain to Sulli before any misunderstanding arises.

Minho dropped Sulli a message to ask her if she is already back in Seoul and asked to speak to her for a while.

F(x) arrived back in Seoul finally after their weeks spent practising for their comeback. Sulli received Minho’s message right after she touched down and it triggered her memory of the video again.

Sulli merely replied: “If it is about the recording, then is ok. I already knew.”

Minho switched on the phone as soon as he touched down and as he read Sulli’s message, he knew he was in trouble. The upset expression on his face was clearly visible as he stepped out of the airport. Minho knew Sulli was angry but he understood as he would have been angry if this happened to him instead.

Minho tried calling Sulli but she didn’t pick up any of this calls, as expected… Minho sighed…He returned to his dorm only to see Key around.

Key shook his head upon seeing Minho: “You are finally back? Big problem to solve right?”

“Bwo? What big problem?” Minho went to his room and put down his luggage.

Key: “Your dream team video!! Already circulated like hotcakes on the internet… you don’t know? I am sure Sulli had seen it.”

Minho: “Sulli? She told you? You met her?”

Key: “Aniyo.. I met Krystal and Jiyoung today, and I wondered why Sulli wasn’t with them. Was then told that Sulli was supposed to go shopping together with them but she went back to her house last minute, saying she miss her mum. Isn’t that clear sign of being angry?”

“I gotta go!” Minho hasn’t let Key finish and started dashing out of the dorm.

Minho got into his car and set off for Ilsan, where Sulli’s house is.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

“Noona….”

“Whei yo? Omma has asked me to make sure you have your lunch while she is out. You better stop playing and come have your lunch.” Sulli turned her back with a baby bowl in her hands and was shocked to see her baby cousin in Minho’s arms.

Sulli was stumped for words, and in front of her baby cousin, she could not really ignore Minho although she will very much like to.

“Come down and have your lunch, Hyung is busy, so don’t make him carry you already.” Sulli summoned for her baby cousin to go to her as she prepared his lunch.

Minho carried the baby cousin to his baby chair and settle him there.

“Kamsahamida… you can go now, I will be busy babysitting this afternoon so I have no time for you.” Sulli acknowledged Minho’s presence coldly, obviously doesn’t want to listen to what he wanted to say.

“Sulli…” Before Minho can continue, the baby cousin already grabbed Minho wrist and started whining: “Hyung cannot go. He promised to play football with me…” and he pushed his baby bowl away, refusing to eat his lunch.

Sulli: “Alarsoh..alarsoh… noona will play with you later when you finished your lunch. Deal?”

 “Shiroooo… noona always said the same thing but you only play with me for a short while.”Sulli sulked and sighed upon hearing her baby cousin complaining.

“Alarsoh… let hyung play with you then, but hyung will only play with you if you eat well.” Minho took the baby bowl in his hands and started to feed Sulli’s baby cousin who co-operated so well that he finished every spoonful that Minho sent to his mouth.

Sulli watched in amazement as Minho fed her baby cousin and encouraged him after every spoonful the baby cousin finished. Now she understood why everyone had been raving about Minho being a superb dad in Hello Baby.

Within minutes, the baby cousin already finished his food and he pulled Minho immediately to see his football.

Minho carried the baby cousin in his arms while explaining to him that they can only play football after the food has digested, and the baby cousin listens well. Hence, Minho decided to read a story to the baby cousin instead.

Sulli merely hide herself in the kitchen although she was secretly watching all these unfold in her house.

Not sure whether it was due to Minho’s deep and soothing voice or the heavy lunch, the baby cousin felt asleep soon on Minho’s lap even before Minho finished his story.

Minho carried the baby cousin carefully in his arms to look for Sulli who was still hiding in the kitchen.

“Sulli..” Minho whispered.

“What?” Sulli didn’t even turn her back when he heard Minho.

“Shhhhh… your cousin is asleep…” Minho whispered, trying to pat the cousin back to sleep when he felt him fidget in his arms.

Sulli turned her head to look at the cousin who was sound asleep in Minho’s arms.

“Where is his bed?” Minho asked.

“He doesn’t have a bed here, he sleep on my bed since I am always in the hostel.” Sulli replied and then led Minho to her room.

Minho placed the cousin carefully on the bed. As Sulli was cushioning the baby cousin with pillows and blanket, Minho looked around the room and saw the rabbit plushie which he has given to Sulli long ago, sitting on her bed.

Minho saw Sulli give a good night kiss on the baby cousin’s cheek and thought to himself what a great mother Sulli will make in future.

Minho grinned to himself thinking about it, but stopped when he saw Sulli turning her head to him: “You can go now since there is no need for the football game. He will only wake up in a few hours’ time.”

Minho: “Sulli…I..”

Sulli: “Just help me close the door when you leave as I will stay here with my cousin.”

Instead of going to the door, Minho walked over to the other side of the bed, picked up the rabbit plushie and whispered: “Toki, your owner is angry and doesn’t want to talk to me, otokae?”

Sulli glared at Minho and whispered: “Pai Li Ka!”

Minho: “Shiro, unless you listen to me.”

Sulli set her eyes on her baby cousin: “I am listening.”

Minho: “I knew you are upset over the Dream Team video, but I didn’t expect that the games turn out to be like that. That’s why I didn’t even preserve to win the game, I just gave up so that I do not need to continue.”

Sulli continued to have her eyes on the baby cousin: “Alarsoh. Now you can go.”

Minho: “Sulli….”

Minho held the rabbit plushie in front of Sulli and mimicked a cartoon voice: “Biyane, biyane, biyane. Stop being angry..”

Sulli finally looked up and saw Minho’s silly expression as he waved the rabbit from left to right, and for him to mimic a cartoon tone was really hilarious. Sulli finally smiled and tried to snatch the rabbit back from him.

“Give me back the toki.”Sulli stretched her hands to grab it from Minho which Minho refused and Sulli’s movements caused the baby cousin to toss in his sleep.

Sulli and Minho panicked and they put their hands to pat the cousin at the same time.

Sulli retracted her hand which Minho pulled tightly back. “Bwo? Still angry?”

“Aniyo…Not angry.. you better go…” Sulli slowly pulled her hand away from Minho.

Not giving up, Minho continued to grab her hand tightly. “Nope, You are not escaping again, are you? You must prove that you are not angry anymore before I go.”

Sulli: “Bwo?”

Minho smirked as a cheeky thought came to his mind: “I want a good night kiss like what you gave to baby cousin.”

Sulli glared at him: “Ya…Don’t ask for the moon, go now.” Sulli used all her strengths and pulled Minho up from her bed and then to the door. “Ka… pai li…”

“Jinjiat not giving me a goodnight kiss? What about a goodbye kiss then?” Minho decided to be cheeky all the way.

Sulli continued to pull Minho to the door.

Seeing that he only had his last chance, he pulled Sulli back with a strong force and locked her in his arms.

“Whei??” Sulli glared at Minho and wanted to struggle out of his hug.

“I just want to make sure you are not angry…” Minho stared at Sulli with a sincere look in his eyes.

“Alarsoh.. I am not angry.” Sulli looked back.

Minho closed his eyes and pointed to his cheek: “Then a goodbye kiss?”

Sulli sighed: “Alarsoh..alarsoh..”

Minho felt Sulli tiptop and he turned his head in time to have Sulli kissed him on his lips. He took this chance to hug Sulli tightly and planted another sweet kiss on her lips too: “Really not angry anymore?”

Sulli pouted and nodded: “Is business I know…”