Keep it a secret, will you?

sunbae or soulmate

 

Sulli released her hands from the back hug immediately and almost choked on the rice. Minho dropped his spoon on the table, continued to stare at s at the door, still in shock. The other thought that could have probably ran in both their minds now is “Did they see us?”

Both kept quiet and it was Jong Hyun who went forward to a coughing Sulli to ask if she was ok. “Sulli, ken cha na? whei yo? Did you choke?”

Sulli didn’t dare to even look at Jong Hyun as she was feeling guilty: “Ken Cha Na Oppa, I am fine.” And she quickly sat back in her seat.

“Wah.. did you both anticipate our arrival which is why you left the opposite seats for us? No wonder the eatery ajumma was telling us that our friends are here.” Key said as he went over to sit opposite Sulli, leaving the seat beside him for Jong Hyun.

Minho remained quiet in his seat. Same for him, the sudden appearance of Jong Hyun and Key was not expected. Guilt came over him and he didn’t even dare to acknowledge their presence with any eye contact. He lowered his head and continued eating his rice.

Key: “huhhhh,, why are you ordering so little food? Shall we add some more dishes? I am really hungry."

“Minho, Ta La Wa, let’s get more food in.” Jong Hyun patted Minho’s back, signalling him to follow.

Minho: “Neh.”

“Minho ah, are you and Sulli dating?” Jong Hyun asked suddenly as they were selecting the food they want to eat. His tone was serious and he was direct in his question.

Minho gave a shock look but still insists on wanting to keep it a secret: “Aniyo, we are just closer due to the drama.” And continue stacking the side dishes on the tray.

Jong Hyun stopped him from continuing and probed: “You really think I am a pabo, you are still thinking of hiding now when I already saw that she is hugging you?”

Minho dropped the side dish that he was holding immediately after hearing Jong Hyun: “Hyung!!! Youuu… you saw us?”

Jong Hyun: “of cos, I saw it with both my eyes.” And he stared at Minho with his two big round eyes. “I can re-enact for you too.” and Jong Hyun would have back-hug Minho and strangle his neck if Minho wasn’t that tall.

“Now tell me, are you both dating?” Jong Hyun’s tone became serious again.

Minho swallowed his saliva and began to stammer: “Hyung…. I ….. Sulli and I…..”

Jong Hyun: “Asiiihhhhhhh, don’t have to say anymore. Your face has told me your answer.” And he slapped Minho’s back: “Do you know what you are doing? Hasn’t my example told you enough?”

Minho: “Hyung, I am serious. I really love her.”

Jong Hyun just could not believe what he heard: “Ya…so you are not going to tell me that you will stop whatever you are doing now? Minho ah… you are just confused due to the drama. What you think is love is between the roles both of you are playing in the drama, it is just a mis lead …. so just stop everything now. Things will be back to normal at the end of the drama shooting.”

It was Minho now whose tone became real serious: “Hyung…. Is not the drama… I love her …. even before the drama …… even before debut …. Perhaps even before I even see her.”

Jong Hyun: “MWOOOOOOOOOOO??? OH MY GOD…. When did you both start? Omo….. even before me and Se Kyung????” He nodded his head in sacasm: “Daebak… Choi Minho…. And all these times you have been hiding from all of us, treating us like fools? I knew something was going on when you were acting so strangely: busy with your phone, so secretive about the thermo flask and scarf…, I thought you are sensible enough.... But…..” He sighed.

Minho: “Biyane Hyung, I admitted it was purely an Oppa-Dong Seng relationship at first… I myself didn't even know when I have harboured such feelings for her…. it just comes so naturally… jinjiat! I just want to protect her… Hyung, you are not going to tell the rest right?”

“You think I am crazy? … of cos not. I don’t want Sulli to end up like Se Kyung ….. I don’t think Key saw you both just now given his calm reaction, but I am still worried… Minho, you know what I mean right?” Jong Hyun gave a look of concern.

Minho nodded: “I knew what I am in for, and I will stick to the promise to protect her and this love, if only you will help me keep mum about it, please? Hyung?”

Jong Hyun paused for a while and turned his back against Minho: “Asihhhh…. Mola, Mola!!!! I don’t know anything.” And he carried the tray of side dishes and food back to the private room.

 

Back at the private room, Key was chatting with Sulli when Jong Hyun and Minho returned

Key: “Why did you all take so long to come back? We already finished the fried rice, and I am still hungry.”

Sulli glanced at both Jong Hyun and Minho and sensed something must have happened. She saw Jong Hyun casting a look at her and she swallowed her saliva nervously. She turned her head to look at Minho. Though there was a tinge of worrisome on his face, he is still smiling as if nothing has happened.

 

All four of them ate their supper as per normal till Manager Hyung came to pick them up. They dropped Sulli first before proceeding back to Shinee’s hostel.

“Oppa, otokae? Jong Hyun Oppa saw us right? He knew it already, is it?” Minho immediately received a text from Sulli right after she dropped off.

Minho replied immediately: “Neh. But don’t worry. I have settled it. He is not going to tell anyone. Did Key ask you?”

Sulli: “Sigh…. Alarsoh.. Aniyo, Key Oppa didn’t say anything. I don’t think he knew.”

Minho: “Don’t think too much, go and rest and we have more filming to do in a few hours’ time.”

 

Next day at the drama set

Today Minho and Sulli are to film a scene walking in the rain. The crew is already preparing for shooting and there is also a water tank car preparing to create the mock rain for filming.

“Are you ok?” Minho patted the back of Sulli, seeing she is very distracted and pale.

“Huh… oh… may be I didn’t sleep well last time, so feeling a bit tired. Ken cha na… Oppa fighting.” Sulli forced a smile and showed him the ‘fighting’ hand sign.

Minho: “Are you still worried about yesterday? Don’t worry Sulli.” He held her hands tightly. “Jong Hyun hyung has promised me that he will help us, he will not leave us in the lurch.”

Sulli gave a weak smile: “Alarsoh, but I just can’t help to think how my members will react if they know one day.”

 

“Stand By, Rolling”

Sulli stood up immediately upon hearing the assistant director: “Oppa, kaja.”

Minho followed her and his heart sank while looking at her backview. Though Sulli is taller than any other average girl, she is still a very frail young girl. Minho felt for her, having to handle such enormous pressure, yet he can’t do anything else to relieve her stress other than just watching over her…

 

Director: “Cut… SULLI!!! You missed another sentence in your dialogue. Let’s do it again.”  

“Mianhamnida! Mianhamnida!” Sulli apologised profusely for her umpteen NGs. Minho came running over with an umbrella and sheltered her. “Sulli, are you ok?”

Sulli had been in the mock rain for a continuous 30 mins and Minho can see that energy is sipping off her body every second.

“I am ok, I will do it again. Biyane Oppa! I keep getting stuck at this scene and have to make you wait.” Sulli apologised again.

“It is ok. Fighting. You can do it this time.” Minho cheered her with a fighting hand sign too.

By the time Sulli can move on to film the scene with Minho, she was already shivering from being drenched in the cold water for a long period of time.

“Oppa will quickly finish this scene so that you can change your clothes, if not you will catch a cold.” Minho was worried seeing the drenched Sulli trying hard to carry on with filming even though she is shivering.

Even her voice has become weaker when she tried to assured Minho: “Aniya, ken cha na Oppa… I can still manage..”

 

In this scene, Minho is supposed to use his body to protect Sulli from being further drenched by the rainwater that is splashed up by a moving bus. Minho has already rehearsed the move a few times, and he is confident to complete this scene in one shot, to save Sulli from the cold.

Camera rolling! 3, 2, 1 Action!

Minho turned his body just as when the bus zoomed past behind him as what was described in the script. As the script wrote, Minho is supposed to drop the umbrella at this point.

But as the umbrella fell to the ground, Sulli collapsed at the same time l….