Chapter Nine

Can't Be Tamed

Double update!^^


MyungSoo arrived on time at work because he had ran the last few metres. The whole evening he worked hard, going around the restaurant, taking orders, giving people what they wanted until he arrived at a table where an older guy was sitting. “Good evening sir, have you decided what you want to order?” He asked politely as he didn’t know if the guy only wanted to drink or eat or both.

The said guy looked up from his menu, checking out MyungSoo. “A coffee.” MyungSoo nodded, not even needing to write it down as this would be a waste of paper. He turned around , still feeling the guy’s eyes on his back and felt uncomfortable. “Can you give the coffee to table 7?” He asked one of his co-workers, Daniel, who was making a coffee before him. Daniel shook his head. “I can’t MyungSoo, it’s your table and I’m busy myself.” MyungSoo nodded and sighed, he made the coffee after Daniel was done and walked with the coffee back to table seven, placing it down. He wanted to turn around when the guy’s voice stopped him. “Do you want to earn more money?”

MyungSoo turned around, totally surprised by the question. “What?” He stammered. The guy repeated his question. MyungSoo had the first thought of running away, maybe this guy would give him a not honourable offer and he had to call his boss, now!

The guy however was calm but when he saw how quiet MyungSoo was he grabbed in his pocket to take out his business card, handing it over to MyungSoo who took it carefully and stared at the card in his hands.

“I’m the boss from this night club,” the guy said, pointing to the name on top.

“Paradise.” MyungSoo held back his laugh, seriously a night club with this name? He looked at the man who was still waiting for MyungSoo to talk, when it didn’t happen the guy grabbed his napkin, took a pen out and started writing down what seemed to be numbers to MyungSoo. “This is what you’ll earn in one evening.”

MyungSoo slowly looked at the napkin, his eyes looking from the man to the napkin, not really impressed. The guy saw how MyungSoo looked and took the napkin back, writing down another number. “This is what you can earn in one month. MyungSoo’s eyes grew big with the number.
₩ 2.900.000,00 .  “This isn’t some typical bartender job, is it?”

The guy laughed. “No, it isn’t.” MyungSoo shook his head, already imagining the kind of job he had to do in a night club with the name “Paradise”.

“Not interested,” he wanted to give the card back but the man shook his head. “Keep it, in case you change your mind.” MyungSoo wasn’t planning on changing his mind anytime soon if not at all but he put the card nevertheless in his pocket.

“Have a great evening, sir,” he said and walked away, taking orders from other tables. The man left after paying and MyungSoo could finally breath again, the card burning in his pocket but MyungSoo ignored it, he didn’t want to do some weird job to earn more money. He was fine with this job and the money he earned was sufficient to pay all his bills and the rent of the apartment was covered by his mother’s money.

The next day, SungYeol got on the bus and saw MyungSoo being swarmed by the usual girls, he almost had to push a girl away - who wouldn’t move after asking politely to get out of the way – and sat down next to MyungSoo who took off his headphones and smiled to the taller, SungYeol smiling back. “Do you want to listen?” SungYeol nodded and grabbed one ear to listen to the music which MyungSoo favoured.

“Can we work this evening back on our project?” MyungSoo asked and SungYeol looked surprised, as he wanted to ask this but nodded. “Yes, where?”

MyungSoo thought about it, looking outside the window before looking at SungYeol. “Library?”

SungYeol nodded and concentrated back on the music, there was one slow song and he listened to the lyrics, feeling the pain from the singer and decided to look the singer up and maybe buy on Itunes the music if he liked it enough.

It was a boring day but they only had 5 hours to go before school was over as all the teachers had a school meeting.  Everyone in class was counting down the minutes, waiting for miss Nina to stop talking and announcing the day was over, time went tormenting slow and maybe Nina-nim enjoyed this a little too much because she kept talking about their homework until the bell cut her off and everyone packed up their stuff in record speed and ran outside, not waiting for the teacher to give them homework for tomorrow.

DongWoo was waiting at the door for SungYeol who looked at MyungSoo who on his turn whispered. “I’ll wait outside,” and left, passing DongWoo but not looking at him at all.

DongWoo looked at MyungSoo’s back with sad eyes before turning to SungYeol. “Can I borrow your notes you made today?” SungYeol was surprised but nodded and gave them to DongWoo who smiled happily. “Thank you! It’s great to have a smart friend!”  SungYeol smiled back and said goodbye to DongWoo when they reached the school gate and had to walk different ways.

SungYeol looked around for MyungSoo and found him playing with a child who had been crying. “Who’s this?” SungYeol asked while coming closer. The younger smiled and looked to the kid. “I don’t know, he’s waiting for his mother.” SungYeol nodded and sat down, watching MyungSoo play with the kid. This was another surprise he found out about MyungSoo, MyungSoo was great with entertaining kids. MyungSoo started singing and the kid looked amazed at MyungSoo, eyes big, mouth wide open.

“What’s your name?” MyungSoo asked the kid when he was done singing. The kid looked up to meet MyungSoo’s eyes, sticking a thumb in his mouth. “I’m Luhan, ahjussi.” MyungSoo laughed and ruffled the kid’s hair.

“I’m not an ahjussi.” Luhan pouted. “You are!” he retorted before MyungSoo could tell him to call him “hyung” instead Luhan jumped up when he saw his mother walking in the distance and ran to her, falling in her arms, his mother spinning him around and hugging him tightly before walking to MyungSoo when Luhan pointed to him and started rambling about the ahjussi’s voice.

Luhan’s mother bowed. “Thank you for taking care of my Luhan.” MyungSoo shook his head. “It’s a nice kid.” Luhan’s mother smiled with the compliment and then walked away. “Good bye ahjussi, I’ll also sing in the future!” MyungSoo waved back with a smile and waited until they were out of sight before turning his attention back to SungYeol. “Sorry...let’s go to the library.” SungYeol grinned and nodded, getting up, he hated singing but he did like to hear MyungSoo singing.

At the library they took a lot of books out the shelves for their project, sitting behind the pile of books, next to each other, writing things down. Some hours passed and SungYeol got bored and started biting on his pencil, glancing at MyungSoo who was still writing down important things, opening book after book.

“I’m bored! Bored Bored!” SungYeol announced and MyungSoo laughed shortly, shaking his head. “No one said this project would be fun,” he remembered that he had to call SungYeol hyung and added fast “…hyung” SungYeol sighed and pouted. “I know, but come on, let’s take a break, shall we?” MyungSoo placed his pencil down and closed the books, he saw the pout and couldn’t not give in. “Fine, what do you want to do…hyung?”

SungYeol stared at MyungSoo for a bit. “Why do you leave pauses between the end of your sentence and hyung?” MyungSoo bit his lip. “I’ll have to get used to calling you…hyung,” and added in his head ‘because you aren’t acting like one.’  SungYeol laughed. “Okay.” He looked around, there was actually nothing to do in the library except reading books and working on projects. “I don’t know what we can do, though.”

“Tell me if you found something…hyung,” MyungSoo said while opening his books to start writing again.

SungYeol got up and walked around the library but didn’t find anything fun to do and sat back down next to MyungSoo, picking his pen back up and continued his writing, with a big sigh to make MyungSoo clear he wasn’t happy at all. 

They stopped working on their project around 5pm and brought all the books to their original place in the shelves . “I’ll see you tomorrow.” SungYeol said after getting off the bus and MyungSoo nodded, waving him goodbye.

Friday went by fast and SungYeol couldn’t wait to go home and just be lazy in the seat all evening as MyungSoo would work today - the younger had said earlier today. “Do you have to work tomorrow?” SungYeol asked when stuffing his books in his locker. MyungSoo nodded, books still in his hands as the locker he had was further away. “Yes, but only in the evening.” SungYeol nodded and slammed his locker close, done with everything. “Can we work on it, tomorrow then?”

MyungSoo nodded and took out his phone to check his agenda, seeing he had to do something tomorrow morning: annual appointment with the dentist.
“I have to go to the dentist, tomorrow,” he said regretting it. SungYeol sighed. “So…you can’t?”

“No, I can, it only takes half an hour or less, I’ll call you when I’m done.” MyungSoo said after thinking about it.

SungYeol nodded happily before they stared at each other in realization. “I don’t have your number,” they both said simultaneously and laughed right after. They exchanged phones to type in their numbers before handing it back over to the other, a fresh name in their contact-list.  

 


A/N : Double update! YaY me! I hope you like it!
If you do...please leave comments...I'll be gone the whole day tomorrow (Asia convention where there will be also kpop, YaY) and it would be nice if I came back and saw some comments. (see I don't ask for a lot of comments)
OKAY...I have a question: 
POLL TIME:

 

 

 

 

Bye ♥