Chapter Ten

Can't Be Tamed

“Good morning, mister Kim.” MyungSoo nodded and grabbed his stuff from the chair in the waiting room, walking past the dentist he took place on the dentist chair, staring at the white walls in front of him.

“Is everything alright?” The man asked while putting dental gloves on. MyungSoo nodded, wanting this fast to be over before some other questions would come and indeed he didn’t even finished thinking this when the man started to speak. “I saw your father this morning.”

MyungSoo froze and stared intensively at the wall, biting his lip. He knew this would happen, because his father and him once went together to this dentist (when everything was still alright between them) and because of that, they had now every year the same day an appointment. MyungSoo opened his mouth, giving the hint to the dentist he was ready and the man sighed and started to inspect his mouth, nodding approvingly while checking every tooth.

“They’ll move away, soon.” The dentist spoke again after he was done and MyungSoo was gargling water.

MyungSoo shut his eyes close, he didn’t want to hear this nor did he want to say anything about it, afraid his voice would break if he talked. He knew this would happen that his father would break every contact with him, he only didn’t expect it now nor that he would hear it from the dentist for that matter. “My mom?” he asked softly, only caring about her.

The man looked in his eyes, sighing. “I don’t know, she wasn’t here.’ MyungSoo averted his eyes and didn’t look at the dentist when he paid and made another appointment.

He walked outside the building and leaned against the wall, collecting his thoughts, picking his phone out of his pocket, typing with trembling fingers SungYeol’s number in, breathing in and out.

“MyungSoo?” SungYeol’s voice came through all happily and excited and MyungSoo swallowed again, trying to get the lump in his throat down. “I don’t think we can meet today,” he said softly, keeping back the tears that threatened to come out. “Why not?” SungYeol’s answer came immediately, worried voice audible.

“Just because, bye,” he wanted to hang up but a “Stop!” made him freeze and he slowly brought the phone back to his ear. “What?” He answered.

It was quiet on the other line and for a second MyungSoo thought that SungYeol had ended the call but when he checked his phone he saw that he was still calling the other. “Are you sure you don’t want to meet today?” SungYeol asked softly. MyungSoo nodded hard until he realized SungYeol couldn’t see it. “Yes, I’ll see you on Monday, o…kay?” He hated himself that his voice just broke and SungYeol probably heard he wasn't alright.

“Okay…” SungYeol said after a silence and this time MyungSoo ended the conversation fast.

He walked around the city, letting his tears run free, it was raining so no one would know he was crying. He was thinking what he had to do next, call his mother? After a while he went back home only to be surprised when he saw a familiar person sitting on his doorstep, drenched in rain.

“What are you doing here?” He yelled after running to him, angry, worried and surprised at the same time.

The person slowly lifted his head and stared at him as if he was trying to figure the other out, shivering from the cold. “You sounded sad and…I don’t know, I'm here now.”

“SungYeol…” MyungSoo mumbled before he walked fast to the door to open it with his key, the other was his main priority now. “Come in,” he ordered and walked to the elevator, looking in the corner of his eye how hard SungYeol was trembling.

He pushed the button to go up and stared at SungYeol who was leaning against the opposite wall, feeling all warm inside, knowing SungYeol sat in the rain for him. MyungSoo waited for the older to come in the apartment before he rushed to get the heater on, hoping it would get warm soon. “You’re really an idiot,” he muttered more to himself than to SungYeol and turned around to see the taller sitting on the couch. “Go take a hot shower, okay?” 

SungYeol watched him before he nodded and got up, walking to the bathroom.

MyungSoo hurried to make some coffee for when the taller would be done and after some time, SungYeol appeared in the living room, only a towel around his waist and MyungSoo almost dropped the cup in surprise, turning fast around again, placing the cup down on the kitchen corner. He knew this action of his would be weird as they were both guys and had everything the other had but still…seeing SungYeol’s bare chest did things to him he didn’t want the other to know, even when this had been already the second time he saw SungYeol’s torso. 

“MyungSoo?”

MyungSoo breathed hard in and out before he turned around trying his best to keep his eyes on eye-level.  “Can I maybe borrow some clothes until mine are dry?” SungYeol asked, holding his wet clothes in his arms. MyungSoo nodded and pointed to the bedroom. “ You can find clothes in the first drawer.” SungYeol placed the clothes on the heater before he walked to the bedroom.

After SungYeol was done, he sat down next to MyungSoo on the couch. “Do you only have black clothes or what?” SungYeol asked, tugging on the black shirt with his one hand, while scratching his neck with the other hand where the tag was and again and again until he had enough of it and pulled the shirt out, sighing relieved that the itchy feeling was gone.

MyungSoo gripped the cup of coffee - he made himself -  tighter, now SungYeol was again half- next to him. Seriously was SungYeol teasing him or was he really comfortable in walking around without a shirt on in other’s home.

“MyungSoo?” SungYeol asked, not noticing how the other wasn’t comfortable.

MyungSoo nodded and pretended to drink so he didn’t have to look at the taller.

“What happened?” SungYeol asked and MyungSoo froze, he had forgotten for a split second ( too busy to divert his attention somewhere else) that he forgot the reason why SungYeol was here: because the other had been worried.

“Nothing.” MyungSoo answered and shook his head while getting up.  “You know, now you are here, we can work on the project?”  SungYeol sighed and nodded hesitantly. “I guess…If…you are alright?”

MyungSoo nodded. “Yes, let’s go!” He wanted to walk to the door but SungYeol grabbed his wrist with a laugh. “Wait, my clothes aren’t even dry, yet.” 

MyungSoo stared at the clothes on the heater, wishing they would dry faster because a half- SungYeol was more than okay in his dreams but here on his couch, it wasn’t pleasant at all (for his self-control).

“You’re weird,” SungYeol informed him after they left the building and MyungSoo looked at the other. “Why?” The older shook his head with a grin. “No reason, you’re just weird.” MyungSoo shrugged, being a little offended and walked faster only to get caught up by SungYeol who kept laughing.

They bought the stuff they needed, a lot of different colors of papers, walking around the shop, SungYeol making his goal to make MyungSoo laugh until the other had forgiven him for saying he was weird. 

After they had everything they headed back to MyungSoo’s place and worked on the project until SungYeol had to leave to go back home, getting himself ready for the party. “Are you sure you don’t want to go with me?” SungYeol asked at the doorstep, looking up at the younger while putting his shoes on. 

MyungSoo nodded. “Yes, have fun.” 

SungYeol stood up and watched MyungSoo. “Will you be alright?” 

“Yes,” the younger said again and gave the other a small smile to convince him and SungYeol bought it. “Okay…See you on Monday.” 

MyungSoo closed the door after SungYeol was gone and looked around his apartment. There was one hour left before he had to leave for work.

 

The whole evening at work MyungSoo tried to concentrate, not thinking about his father nor his mother, even when his hands were itchy, wanting to call his mother.

He succeeded, customers were nice, he got a lot of tips until...the door from the café-restaurant opened and his father appeared.

His father didn't come to say anything to his son, he just sat down, ordering some food with another businessman and then he was gone. He never saw MyungSoo because the other made sure he was hiding, ignoring the glances he got from his boss or Daniel. Seeing his father this close, talking happily with that other man, made his heart clench, it really hurt seeing his father smile while he almost had never smiled to him.

"See you tomorrow." MyungSoo murmured to Daniel after his shift was over and left in a hurry the building. He walked to the bus stop when some person just came around the corner and bumped into him. 

"Watch out, kid!" The guy shouted and MyungSoo who fell on the floor, looked up at the guy and completely froze.

"I should have known it was you." His father spit angrily. "You never learned some manners, did you? Well shouldn't you apologize for letting me almost fall?"

MyungSoo 's eyes grew wide, not being able to mutter a single thing, just letting his father throw all kind of words to him, making him smaller with every insult.

"You're despicable." His father ended and then walked past him but turned around again. "Don't  ever come near me or my wife, if you do, I'll call the police." He disappeared with those words and MyungSoo broke down in tears, endlessly tears falling down and he didn't had the strength to start wiping them away. 

He needed to make sure what his father said was true and he rapidly grabbed his phone, almost dropping it because his hands were trembling. 

"Mom?" He yelled after she picked up her phone but it was quiet on the other side. 

"Mom? Please talk to me." He begged and he heard a soft voice. "Don't call anymore MyungSoo...I'm sorry."

She ended the conversation and MyungSoo could only stare shocked at his phone, not believing this was happening. He dropped his phone on the asphalt, got on his feet and walked in a daze to the bus stop, his mother didn't want him anymore, his mother wouldn't be his strength anymore. 

He had to cross a road where traffic wasn't slowing down at all but he didn't look left or right, maybe he wanted to die as there was no use in this world if his mother wouldn't support him anymore. He heard a lot of cars honking and closed his eyes, hearing the brakes coming closer and closer, hoping it would be over soon.  

 


A/N : cliffhanger I guess. (I'm re-using my own idea from another fanfic OTL)

Helloo everyone, I have some things to tell you, first I won't stop writing on this story but I have a lot of things going on in my personal life, well it's just I'll move away soon, so I actually need to start to get busy and buy paint and whatnot for this new room, as my own room will be my own responsibility. (I hate painting) xD 

I'll try to update as fast as I can and...next chapter will be told in SungYeol's POV.

Please comment and thank you for reading, I hope I'm not disappointing you.

About the poll...MyungYeol readers own the poll. To know I started this story when I had A LOT OF WOOYEOL feelings and wanted to get fast over MyungYeol, it turned out differently but don't worry, WooYeol will also happen and then you'll see.