Chapter Thirty-Eight

Can't Be Tamed

MyungSoo swallowed thickly, collecting his own thoughts before concentrating back on his task: making dinner. He started washing the vegetables and in the meanwhile he heard in the living-room the other’s father and SungYeol talking to each other, highly possible that SungYeol was leading the older now around the apartment. He hoped the father wouldn’t have the same reaction as the mother had when seeing the only 1 bedroom and the bed.

 

He was in deep thoughts when out of nowhere a hand landed on his shoulder, startling him. “Well done!” MyungSoo jumped surprised up which made the culprit behind him -SungYeol’s father - laugh loudly. “Sorry, MyungSoo, I didn’t want to frighten you.” He apologised yet he had a grin on his face, making it clear he had enjoyed, doing it.  

 

“It’s okay.” MyungSoo breathed out, placing a hand over his heart. SungYeol’s father then held out his hand. “It’s nice to see you again.” He smiled at him. MyungSoo nodded and turned around to shake the other’s hand. “Welcome.” He didn't dare to say; Welcome to our place because maybe that would add fuel to the fire. However, The father winked with that response as if he had heard the unfinished sentence. “I heard you and SungYeol are living together?” His question was rather innocent but the red crept on MyungSoo’s cheeks. “Uhm…”

 

“Yes, we live together,” SungYeol replied casually from behind them. MyungSoo got shocked of the answer from the taller and stared passed SungYeol's father to SungYeol, seeing that the other was standing at the table, having no more reaction at all and neither did the father. “Are you hungry dad?” SungYeol asked, changing subjects. SungYeol’s father looked at the meat that was displayed next to the cooking-fire before looking at his son. “Were you counting on me?” He asked in return.

 

SungYeol nodded. “Yes. So you’ll eat with us?” His father thought about it and then gave in, turning to look at MyungSoo with a smile. “Sure, thanks, I can’t wait. I’m pretty hungry so this is a nice welcome.” MyungSoo became red and looked back at the meat, feeling slightly more pressured to make a good meal.

 

“You can go watch television while MyungSoo and I prepare dinner.” SungYeol came closer to stand next to MyungSoo and the grown up looked surprised at him. “You will help?” He grinned. “Wow MyungSoo, how did you get him to help out in the kitchen? He never helped out before.” He teased his son who on his turn became embarrassed. “Shut up dad, I wanted to help out in the kitchen but mom wanted to do everything herself, always too busy to teach me.” SungYeol shouted and glared at his father. His father kept the teasing smile on his face before he walked towards the table and sat down on the chair. “I'll sit here to watch you. Go help MyungSoo out then.  SungYeol shot him another glare but then turned surprised  around when something pricked him.

 

Aww! That hurt” SungYeol accused MyungSoo who was holding a fork up and the younger let out a soft laugh. “Sorry but dinner won’t be magically done. I need you to cut that onion.” MyungSoo ordered. SungYeol mumbled under his nose, walking to the onion to grab it from the counter. He then took a knife out of the cupboard and then stood back next to MyungSoo, starting to peel the onion. “So, how did your test go?” He asked, starting a small conversation.

 

MyungSoo smiled, looking at SungYeol who placed the now peeled onion on the chopping board . “It went well, I’m sure I passed. It was kind of funny when I arrived at school -” He started to laugh when thinking back of what had happened. “Why so?” SungYeol’s interest was piqued. He took the knife to make the first cut into the onion. 

 

“So…” MyungSoo continued. “I arrive at school and suddenly I hear my name being yelled.”  SungYeol frowned hearing that; who would call MyungSoo’s name? The mystery was soon solved when the younger continued talking: “I  look up and see DongWoo leaning out of the window, waving at me, but then he gets pulled back by Hoya, afterwards I hear the teacher yelling at them.”

 

Of course it was DongWoo who otherwise would pull a stunt like that. Did he and Hoya patch things up?  SungYeol wondered about this while he focussed all his attention on MyungSoo.

 

“After I get to class I see DongWoo and Hoya standing in front of the desk, head down and apologizing to the teacher for interrupting the class. Anyways, to make things short, teacher allowed me to take the test, DongWoo with help of Hoya interrupting class gave me more time, so it’s thanks to them I passed.” MyungSoo finished telling the story of the day.

 

“That’s great!” SungYeol exclaimed. “We need to thank them then,” MyungSoo agreed. “Let’s invite them over one day for dinner.” both heads nodded wholeheartedly to the idea.

 

“You both are very cosy there, aren’t you?”

 

They jumped startled up. If they had forgotten they weren’t alone, they did know now. SungYeol's father started teasing them about how slow they were because of talking, resulting in both guys turning red, working faster to finish dinner yet they didn’t stop talking and joking around with each other. SungYeol’s father saw it all happening and started to get an idea of what exactly was going on between them…

 

Half an hour later MyungSoo placed the big pan on the table, serving SungYeol’s father first with a shy smile before serving SungYeol and himself. Afterwards he sat down, looking expectantly to the other’s father who took a bite, having a pokerface while he swallowed the food down. MyungSoo started to get impatient - did SungYeol’s father like it or not - until SungYeol’s father started to laugh seeing MyungSoo’s discouraged face. “It’s delicious MyungSoo! You’re a great cook.” The father complimented him and hearing this, MyungSoo shyly bowed happily.

 

“Isn’t he?” SungYeol joined in, taking a big bite, chewing contentedly . “I love his cooking! Maybe even more than mom’s.” The taller blurted out. SungYeol's father took another bite, looking with a smirk at his son. “Aren’t you prejudiced?” SungYeol shrugged innocently. “Maybe I am,” he replied truthfully and this made MyungSoo choke on his food, the father laughing loudly with the response of his son.

 

SungYeol was quick in handing over MyungSoo’s glass of water who grabbed it to gulp the water down. “Are you alright?” SungYeol asked concerned, patting his back after MyungSoo put the empty glass down. The younger nodded, thankful for the taller's concern,  before looking at SungYeol’s father who had his eyes on them during the whole scene. MyungSoo averted his eyes immediately, seeing how SungYeol’s father stared at him, the eyes told him that he was trying to puzzle it all together.

 

“Dad, you are here for a reason.” SungYeol saw how MyungSoo started to feel uncomfortable under his father’s gaze so he wanted to change the subject and go back to the whole point of the evening and why his father was here.

 

SungYeol's father stared  at first confused at his son. “Right.” He then replied and let out a sigh while running a hand through his hair, thinking how to start this not so easy conversation. “This isn’t easy for me to tell you," he started and looked at SungYeol and MyungSoo. "But because of what happened...your mother told me I need to tell you two as it concerns you both.”

 

This aroused MyungSoo and SungYeol’s interest.

 

“First... you have to know I never cheated on your mother.”  SungYeol frowned, hearing this and MyungSoo couldn't follow at all what was going on. 

 

“But... I did fall in love with someone else,” his father continued, looking down a bit shamefully.

 

SungYeol got more and more confused, what had this to do with why his mother thought he was just like his father? Before he could voice out his opinion his father held forth on the subject. “I’m still in love with this person,” the father confessed and this was the first thing SungYeol heard about this. He didn’t know his father had a new relationship going on. He wasn’t mad about it but the whole conversation confused him to no end. “I don’t really understand what this has anything to do with me and MyungSoo?” he said and glanced at the younger before focussing his attention back on his father, hoping the other would explain

 

“Your mother told me that she almost said it.” his father was having a monologue which made SungYeol more and more annoyed because he wasn't getting any answer but more questions instead.

 

“This is the person I’m talking about,” SungYeol's father ended the monologue by pulling his wallet out of his pocket, taking a small photo out of it and placed it on the table, shoving it towards SungYeol and MyungSoo.

 

Time stood still.

 

MyungSoo dropped his fork when he saw the picture, the fork falling with a lot of noise on the now almost empty plate. He couldn't believe that he was staring at the picture of a guy, he looked shocked up at SungYeol’s father who pleaded him to be understanding about this. 

 

“A guy?” SungYeol asked, perplexed. “Why do you have a picture of-Oh.” he fell silent when the truth sank in and stared dumbfounded at his father. “You fell in love with a guy,” he summarized the whole talk softly and hesitantly. 

 

His father nodded. “I did.” he confirmed with an even softer voice than his son. “The reason why I tell you this is because your mother thinks the same is going on with you two,” he glanced at the both of them, his eyes longer on MyungSoo who now even more didn’t dare to look at SungYeol’s father afraid that the oldest would see the truth in MyungSoo's eyes.

 

“Me and MyungSoo?” SungYeol blinked. "What are you s-"  His father looked fast back to his son. “I see the way MyungSoo looks at you. It’s how my boyfriend looks at me and - ”

 

MyungSoo's heart stopped.

 

All sound fell away. 

 

He shoved abruptly his stool back, interrupting SungYeol’s father and stood up, running fast away to the bedroom, not wanting to hear anything more that would be said. 

 

Away from the truth that was out in the open now.


A/N: It didn't take a month this time, only 2-3 weeks!  (Huray for me...)
I hope his trend continues for the next chapters, it will depend on you, my readers!
If you want a faster update (omg this cliffhanger)  leave me a comment that is meaninful.

You never know if many comments makes me want to write more & update faster. ;-)
I'll see you with the next very exciting chapter.~^^