Chapter Twenty-Five

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol didn’t know what he would witness when going to school the next morning, well the thing he would see (and feel) was something he never thought would happen.

His day began very wonderful, getting out of bed, making himself ready, eating his mom’s delicious breakfast, the atmosphere finally better between them, sauntering to school after sprinting to catch his bus.

There was no reason for him to hurry up as MyungSoo likely come later in school. SungYeol slept really well mainly because of MyungSoo's comfort but also after all the drama went down between his mother, his father and him last night.

-

After SungYeol said goodbye to MyungSoo he shuffled home, not knowing what he should expect when facing his mother. Did she really call his father? Would his father really take him to go to his old house? When he had that thought he halted in his steps, biting his lips, he didn’t want to go with his father…Should he run away instead?

‘But running away is not a solution, you don’t have any place to go’ his conscience told him and he knew it was right; he took another deep breath before continuing home.

When he arrived and stepped inside the house, trying not to make too much noise, eyes on the floor, he was welcomed and startled at the same time by the yells of his father and mother. He looked up and saw that the living-door was wide open and that his parents were now staring at him as they noticed that their son came through the door.

“Where have you been?!” His mother shouted but SungYeol looked immediately with begging eyes to his father. ‘Tell me you won’t take me with you?’ He pleaded silently with his eyes and his father who always had a good relationship with his son understood what SungYeol was implying and shook silently his head which made SungYeol confused. Was his father now saying that he won’t take him or that he was sorry but-

“SungYeol, come inside.” His father said softly and gestured his son to come closer, the younger had no other choice than to obey and went in the living-room, still watching his father who sighed before he started to speak slowly. “Your mother… wants me to take you with me,” SungYeol felt tears out of frustration forming even when he knew this would happen and he shook frantically his head. “No, I-“

“BUT I told your mother that she’s crazy,” his father continued, interrupting SungYeol and now gave his son a small smile who blinked confused but waited for his father to continue, “I told her that going out, not coming home, not letting her know where you are, skipping school, those are all things teenagers do and that she shouldn’t overreact.”

“I’m still here.” His mother glared at her ex-husband who kept looking at SungYeol, ignoring the woman.
“You should promise not to do anything like that anymore, okay?” 

SungYeol nodded fast, happy that his father understood him and his mother sighed. “Fine, but if he pulls something else like this, he goes with you!” She looked threatening to her ex-husband who nodded, looking at her before turning his eyes back on SungYeol. “You better behave and listen to your mother.” SungYeol nodded eagerly, happy that he got out of this without any big harm, there was no reason why he would do something like this again so he skipped happily to his bedroom after saying his father good night and his mother, getting in bed after changing clothes to sleep…

It would be only some days later that he would remember about spending all his savings to get MyungSoo an apartment and THAT would be the real final blow but also the thing that would change his life for good.

-

The taller yawned tiredly while passing the school gates, bringing his right hand in front of his mouth to suppress another yawn and smacked his lips, grabbing tiredly the left strap that fell off his shoulder back to its place before looking around the playground, seeing no one familiar.

He sat down on a bench, grabbing his agenda out of his bag pack to check the subjects they had today and to see if he had to learn something but didn’t get to it because of everything that happened last night, luckily there wasn't such thing. He pushed relieved his agenda back in his bag when he heard a familiar laugh and he looked up cheerful but his smile turned fast in him; blinking confused when he saw MyungSoo walking all happily talking next to a person he thought the other would never walk next to again …DongWoo.

That wasn’t the worst thing, because SungYeol could live with them being friends again as he didn’t even know what happened between them in the past anyway and MyungSoo can chose whoever he wants to be friends with, no that didn't hurt, the thing that was awful and gave him a tiny stab in his heart was that MyungSoo completely walked past him, not seeing the taller, only talking enthusiastically to DongWoo who also gave his full attention to MyungSoo.

SungYeol was too much in shock that he didn't hear that the conversation was mainly about him and the reason why MyungSoo beamed with happiness.

SungYeol gaped but shrugged it fast off after they disappeared into the building, it wasn’t like MyungSoo belonged to him or something, MyungSoo could do what he want but SungYeol would be lying if he wasn’t a bit curious what happened between them last night after he went home, to make them behave like this.

Hoya came through the gates together with InGuk and they both came to SungYeol, the latter finally getting a proper introduction from InGuk, the younger had to admit... the guy was fun to hang around with and the rest of the morning, before the bell would sound, telling students to hurry up and the gates would imprison them for the day, he talked with Hoya and InGuk about anything.

Because of all the school lessons there was never an opportunity to talk to MyungSoo alone and only when it was lunch time - SungYeol had to bring something to the staffroom first - he came in the cafeteria, only to get another stab when he saw MyungSoo sitting with DongWoo but SungYeol didn't get discouraged and  lined up to get his food before he walked over and sat down in front of MyungSoo who had noticed him coming closer and gave him a huge smile, a smile which made SungYeol forgot everything he had thought bitterly about them.

MyungSoo was his usual self, SungYeol noticed, even when the younger talked to DongWoo and they both exchanged sometimes weird glances for some reason, MyungSoo still gave most of his attention to SungYeol who happily received it but as his curiosity was eating him from inside out, he had to ask. “Are you both friends again?” He watched MyungSoo and DongWoo both freezing, turning to look at each other.

“Um…I guess,” MyungSoo softly said and then turned his attention back on the taller, trying to find in the other's way of acting and talking that the things DongWoo said last night, were true. 

-

“’cause…I…may have feelings for someone.” 

MyungSoo blinked, trying to process the thing DongWoo said. He didn’t pay attention to the older thus he didn’t see how the latter started to become nervous with each second that passed, regretting the words he had said to MyungSoo.

“You, what?” MyungSoo asked as in his mind it didn’t make sense nor did he know why DongWoo said this. He examined DongWoo who kept staring at the ground.

“You heard me.”

MyungSoo wanted to open his mouth to say to the older that he didn’t but closed his mouth again, furrowing his eyebrows, trying to make the connection in his mind yet…nothing.

“Well, go confess to her then.” He rolled his eyes because if he was honest, he couldn’t care less, he wasn’t friends with DongWoo anymore so he didn’t see why he should give a damn about what girl the older liked and-

“It’s not a girl, MyungSoo. I didn’t think you would be this dense”

MyungSoo glared at him in response and DongWoo looked fast back down. He should have known that making some jokes weren’t allowed, not in this situation, not where he actually needed MyungSoo. He hoped. He really hoped the younger would understand him now that they shared something.

DongWoo already figured some time ago out that MyungSoo liked SungYeol and something inside him told that SungYeol did too. Their friendship wasn’t just friendship, everyone could see that – well those who paid attention to everything SungYeol and MyungSoo did for each other knew that they would fall in love at some point (how weird it may sound) – MyungSoo however was more transparent with his feelings while SungYeol was the oblivious one here.

“You like a guy?” MyungSoo said calmly and DongWoo looked hopeful up but got frightened when he saw the stare MyungSoo gave him as it was the start of MyungSoo becoming furious.

“YOU...like...a guy,” MyungSoo repeated again, breathing out and DongWoo felt his cheeks colouring red but nodded nevertheless.

A heavy silence settled in between them, only the sound of the television was heard in the living-room occasionally interrupted by DongWoo’s mother who laughed with her favourite comedian.

MyungSoo couldn’t believe this and glared daggers at DongWoo who started to feel smaller with every second and it wouldn’t be long before MyungSoo would crush him, literally.

“You’re such a hypocrite, DongWoo-sshi,” the younger finally said and DongWoo knew he was screwed. He knew where MyungSoo was coming from; he messed up in the past when he clearly showed the younger that he was disgusted by the fact MyungSoo likes guys...who knew that he himself would fall for a guy…
Karma was definitely laughing in his face right now.

“MyungSoo, I-“

“Save it DongWoo-sshi, I don’t want to hear it.” MyungSoo uttered, walking past DongWoo to head out the kitchen, going straight to the bedroom, smiling softly and muttering good night to DongWoo’s mother whom he passed. She looked up when he came in the living-room and gave him a big smile, also wishing him a good night. 

MyungSoo went to the bedroom he occupied since he had no other place to go but he knew this couldn’t continue, he didn’t want to stay here not after the things what happened just now. He slammed the door close, locked it and walked to his bed afterwards.

MyungSoo fell down on the mattress and stared at the white ceiling, hating the other with every minute that went by, clenching his fists in anger until the person he didn’t want to hear nor see again started banging on his door. “Please, MyungSoo, I’m sorry and…”

A whole 30 minutes MyungSoo heard DongWoo’s apologies while the other begged to talk to him. At first MyungSoo ignored him, pulling the pillow over his head to mute out DongWoo’s voice until he have had enough and jumped up from the bed, throwing the door to yell at DongWoo to leave him alone but when he opened the door he got startled, stepping fast aside when DongWoo fell forward and landed on the floor in the bedroom as he had been leaning against the door. It was a funny sight but MyungSoo couldn’t laugh. He just looked down on DongWoo, literally and figuratively.

DongWoo peeked sadly up. “MyungSoo, please talk to me…”

The younger rolled his eyes, deciding to tell DongWoo once and for all what he thought of the older and his hypocrisy.

“You have some guts; you know that, DongWoo-sshi?” He stared at DongWoo with hard cold eyes. “You threw our friendship away like it was nothing when I told you my secret that I like guys and...,” he took a deep breath when the memories from his past came rushing back that’s why he faltered to continue for a moment.

“MyungSoo, I-“DongWoo sat on his knees and tears formed in his eyes.

“Did you know what... face you made?” MyungSoo continued, his voice broke at the end of the sentence and he squeezed his eyes shut, holding back the tears that now really threatened to come out.

“And now…” he opened his eyes and glanced at DongWoo who looked so regretful, so guilty, and so heart-broken that MyungSoo had to close his eyes again.

“Now…” he took a deep breath. “…you expect me to forget everything? Just because we…share something?” He whispered the end, shaking his head sadly. “I can’t, DongWoo-sshi, it’s just –“

“I can help you with SungYeol!”

MyungSoo opened surprised his eyes, the fact that the taller’s name was mentioned gave MyungSoo a weakness, something DongWoo realized and he looked determined at MyungSoo. “I’ll help you with SungYeol.”

“Why?’ MyungSoo said utterly dumbstruck, not understanding DongWoo’s reasons. DongWoo gave him a small smile. “You need help, right? I know you like SungYeol and I think SungYeol may like you back the same way,” MyungSoo’s heart jumped with those words. “I know about your feelings and isn’t it the best if you have someone who understands you and can help you?” He asked MyungSoo whose face fell because yeah DongWoo was right but DongWoo was also the one whom he trusted in the past and ruined it.

“I’m sorry about the things I did in the past, MyungSoo.  I’ll make it up to you by helping to get you and SungYeol together.”  DongWoo continued as if reading MyungSoo’s thoughts while he slowly got up to stand on his feet. He gave MyungSoo a big gum-smile and without thinking MyungSoo nodded.

"Who do you like?" He asked after a while and DongWoo blushed slightly again. "Doesn't matter, he's not someone that'll ever like guys, trust me," he said when he saw how MyungSoo looked, preparing himself to say something. "I've watched him and he's only talking about girls, his eyes are only on girls, my feelings aren't important because they are wasted breath, but yours on the other hand..." 

"Guys, tomorrow it's school, go to sleep!" DongWoo's mother shouted from down the stairs and DongWoo nodded, saying fast good night to MyungSoo before disappearing and let the other sleep. 

The next morning DongWoo asked MyungSoo out about SungYeol to think of a plan to get the two together, the younger not even taking a breath to tell DongWoo what he liked about the taller, he couldn’t even shut up when walking to school, his eyes twinkling, his mind full with SungYeol while DongWoo only listened and soon realized that MyungSoo was indeed madly in love with the other, he only hoped his inner feeling was right and that SungYeol felt the same way.  

-

When Hoya and InGuk came inside the cafeteria, DongWoo tried to be his cheery self but MyungSoo saw past that façade and slowly started to understand what DongWoo wanted from him; he wanted to get rid of these feelings he had for the other and he decided in that moment that he would help DongWoo because it really had felt amazing to tell everything to DongWoo and get everything of his chest.

Even when DongWoo hadn’t told him that it was about Hoya - MyungSoo just knew because the conversation last night was the last missing piece - DongWoo was right when he had told MyungSoo that the other wouldn't like guys, Hoya was the manliest guy he knew and that guy would indeed never fall for a guy. He felt awful in DongWoo’s place. Without noticing himself  he was staring and glancing at DongWoo most of the time that SungYeol who saw it all, had given up to talk to him and silently ate his food, a jealous feeling settling in his heart.


I'm sorry it took me a month to finally get this done! TT__TT
I again had problems with this chapter but I'm satisfied (and I hope you all are).
Yeah there are some foreshadowing things...look forward to it because then..the real story will finally start. ^^
Thank you for reading, I hope the story doesn't get boring!
If it is...then I'm sorry, it's a story that's slowly building up, please understand.