Chapter Thirty-Five

Can't Be Tamed

The small clock on the drawer next to the bed - it was from MyungSoo and he had been surprised it still worked. It was his since little and the only thing he had managed to snatch away when he left home, afterwards it was collecting dust in a box for a long time until he moved in with SungYeol -  was ticking loudly every second away after the younger fell on top of SungYeol.

 

MyungSoo couldn’t move, if felt like his heart had stopped, his hands which firmly grasped the sheets got sweaty. ‘If I lay still, will SungYeol forget that I’m lying on top of him?’ The younger wondered silently, different thoughts buzzing around his head what the other would say about the picture that had started this all. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to control his own heart that was racing now suddenly faster. A lump formed in his throat because of all the anxiety and he tried to swallow it down soundlessly. He didn’t realize until now how time seemed to slow down while waiting for a reaction  

 

SungYeol didn’t do anything; not pushing him off to run away, nor making any disgusted sounds, just...nothing. MyungSoo slowly started to get afraid why there was no single reaction. You could only hear the clock ticking more time away. MyungSoo knew he couldn’t stay like this, even when this would be probably the last time he could be this close to SungYeol yet the situation nor the circumstances weren’t right.

 

Just when he wanted to get away from SungYeol - trying to formulate some thoughts or just ignore what just happened (he wasn’t sure what he would do but wanted to decide after being away from the taller and his addicting scent) - SungYeol opened his mouth after scraping his throat which made MyungSoo freeze once again.

 

“I remember when this picture was taken,” the taller whispered, absorbed in deep thoughts.

 

It was the tone SungYeol used that MyungSoo lifted surprised his head to look at the other who smiled softly at him, also a reaction MyungSoo hadn’t expected, before glancing back at the picture in his hand. “Wasn’t this before we became friends?” The other inquired softly. SungYeol’s voice was full with emotions which made MyungSoo nod stupidly his head as that’s what his heart and body were only able to do.

 

“I watched you taking pictures of flowers on the playground at school and got curious why you took it,” The older continued while reminiscing some of his own memories.  “I know that when I approached you, that you pointed your camera to me,” he suddenly looked back at MyungSoo with surprise in his eyes. “You took my picture?” He asked in a high voice.

 

MyungSoo averted his eyes shyly and nodded, staring down, realizing that he was looking at SungYeol’s chest as he was still laying on top of SungYeol but it was better than let the other see how flustered he was.

 

“It’s a nice one,” SungYeol continued blabbering and if MyungSoo had looked at him, he would have seen a similar small blush on the older’s cheeks yet his gaze was focussed on SungYeol’s shirt, not daring to look up.

 

SungYeol blinked once in surprise as in only now realizing MyungSoo was laying on top of him but he turned his attention back on the picture and didn’t do anything.  “I already know you take good pictures because I saw some in your apartment before, so this isn’t a big surprise. MyungSoo, you should do more with the talent you have.”

 

The more compliments the older gave the younger got more timid thus he mumbled softly: “Thanks,” in reply, holding his fingers back to start fiddling with SungYeol’s shirt however the next thing SungYeol said made him finally roll off the taller and stare at the other confused as he couldn’t believe what he just heard.

 

“I know this is maybe silly to ask but does this picture has some meaning to you?”

 

Apparently it showed on MyungSoo’s face that he was confused and the other let out a laugh, maybe it were the nerves which made SungYeol laugh because this wasn’t really something funny. He composed himself, letting out a small sigh before turning on his side to face MyungSoo. “I mean you keep it with you....It’s in your drawer, what else would I think than that it has some meaning?” SungYeol’s big curious eyes were on the other whose heart stopped for the nth time that evening.

 

Taken this as his chance, MyungSoo slowly sat up, SungYeol doing the same, there was something different in the air around them, the feeling was starting to pressure him into some action. “What if...I told you that...yes, it has a special meaning.” MyungSoo admitted softly, nervously looking at SungYeol.

 

Suddenly, the red crept again on SungYeol’s face. He hadn’t expected a straightforward answer like this. “It d-d-does?” SungYeol stuttered, his heart leapt.

 

MyungSoo nodded slowly, eyes never leaving SungYeol. Even when he had now gathered courage to confess, he couldn’t help that fear came over him. If he told SungYeol that he was in love while they just moved in together, SungYeol could be disgusted and throw him out, then his friendship with SungYeol was over and he didn’t want that to happen, even when DongWoo said that SungYeol may harbor the same feelings for him.

 

SungYeol watched him expectantly and MyungSoo took a deep breath after making up his mind what to do, letting go of all the feelings that had warmed his heart.

 

“Yes, it does,” MyungSoo replied and rolled away to the edge of the bed, “but I won’t tell you.” He knew this was childish yet his feet made him run out of the room, away from the weird atmosphere around them. He sincerely hoped SungYeol would drop the question and forget this happened but instead...he heard the other running after him.

 

MyungSoo actually had no idea where to go so it didn’t take long until SungYeol grabbed his shoulder and made him stop.

 

“MyungSoo,” SungYeol said softly, out of breath, the younger turned around to face the other, seeing the confused look SungYeol gave him and once again his resolve started to break, how much he wanted to kiss those plump lips that had haunted him since long...

 

“Tell me, Soo-ah.” There was something desperate, pleading, something hopeful in the other’s voice that made MyungSoo’s knees go weak yet he shook his head to clear his mind rapidly, he was proud of himself that he was able to do that.

 

“I can’t tell you now, maybe later, okay?” He needed to be resolute in his decision. Much to his surprise as MyungSoo had thought SungYeol would plead until he would say it, the taller started to smile instead and nodded, patting his shoulder with a smile. “Okay, promise me that you’ll tell me later.” SungYeol’s hand lingered for a long second on his shoulder, eyes only seeing each other until the taller moved his hand away and held now his pink out, nodding towards the pink.

 

MyungSoo blinked confused but then with a small smile he did the same, locking his pink with SungYeol’s to make the promise. “I promise I’ll tell you later but until then forget what happened tonight, forget everything.” He urged the other.

 

SungYeol stared flabbergasted at the other. “You want me to forget that you have a picture of me? Why?”

 

The younger squeezed his eyes shut in defeat, taking another deep breath. “Just...promise, SungYeol.” He opened his eyes to see SungYeol hesitantly nodding. “Okay...if that's what you want...I promise.”

 

 

It wasn’t a lie to say that MyungSoo felt a bit awkward being with SungYeol after what happened so he decided to go for a run, to cool his thoughts down and to store away his feelings for his friend until time was right. After he came back, he found SungYeol in the living-room with a list in front of him.

 

“I was thinking of more house-rules,” SungYeol said with a sheepish smile and MyungSoo laughed before he went over to SungYeol. “So, what more did you think of?” MyungSoo asked with a smile.

 

Suddenly SungYeol got quiet and pointed to something he had written. MyungSoo stared at the other for a few seconds, taking in on how cute the other was behaving before he looked down to read what the other had written for him: “MyungSoo, would you be so nice to cook every day until I learn how to cook, I love your food and I’ll be happy not to starve before leaving to work.”

 

MyungSoo laughed amusingly, his heart warming with those words and he nodded, grabbing the ballpoint to write down on the list that he would be in charge of cooking. He handed then the list back over to SungYeol who stared at it, afterwards looking at him with a big smile on his face which made MyungSoo’s heart skip a beat...

 

The next few days everything went smoothly. SungYeol went to work, MyungSoo to the bistro after coming back from school. Before leaving to work the younger made dinner, making sure every day would be something new and hoping it was something SungYeol liked. They never ate together because when MyungSoo had to leave for work was around the time SungYeol was coming back home. Occasionally they met each other in the hallway, greeting each other with a smile before parting ways. It was sadly their routine so it wasn’t a big surprise how both guys looked forward to the days they didn’t have to work and could spend more time together.

 

Today was also a day like the others. MyungSoo went on his way to work after seeing SungYeol disappear in the building. This was something he always did when they managed to see each other, waiting for SungYeol to go into the building or the apartment (depended where they met) before heading to his own work.

 

Those seconds of seeing SungYeol made his day, that...and sleeping next to SungYeol. After coming home, the other was already in bed, the kitchen cleaned of any trace of food he had made, leftovers waiting for him in the microwave.

 

MyungSoo crossed the street with a content sigh, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He arrived a little later at work where Daniel was impatiently waiting for him. It was busy and MyungSoo was desperately needed. MyungSoo liked working with Daniël because he was his friend but the last week, for some reason, Daniël was pestering him about SungYeol asking if any of them had made a move already.

 

The first day this happened MyungSoo was surprised and looked in shock at Daniel who laughed at his speechless face. “You two were so obvious into each other the other night, everyone could see it.” I think you lost some customers though.” Daniël informed him, nudging him playfully. The younger had blushed but not denied. More teasing came until Daniël got serious about the whole thing. “You should have told me MyungSoo,” he said accusingly. “then I wouldn’t have tried to set you up with Krystal.”

 

MyungSoo waved that thought away. “It’s fine, she’s nice but...I’m not into her.”

 

Daniël laughed and patted him on the shoulder. “I understand what you are saying...well, I hope that you and SungYeol will stop being oblivious and get to it already!” The younger blushed harder until Daniël left him to get back to work after getting a glare from their boss who pointed at all the full tables that needed to get served.

 

The whole evening MyungSoo was busy with serving customers and brushing girls off who tried to get his number or SNS details to get on a date with him. “You should just tell them you’re not interested,” Daniël said when they both were behind the coffee machine.

 

The younger sighed. His looks was one of the reasons he was hired plus why so many people came according to the boss, if they heard he wasn’t into girls...sales would drop and he could lose his job, the money was something he needed now more than ever…

 

“I’m home,” MyungSoo mumbled tiredly after a busy night and then smiled to himself, happy that he could say this even when the person whom he wanted to say this to was already soundlessly asleep.

 

“Welcome home, are you hungry?”

 

The youngest almost got a heartattack when SungYeol suddenly appeared. MyungSoo blinked surprised, his hand on his heart to calm it down, but then he shook his head. “I’m not hungry.”

 

The other gave him a smile before disappearing back in the kitchen, confused the younger followed the other.
 

“How come you’re still awake? Don’t you have to work tomorrow?” MyungSoo asked, leaning on the kitchen counter, watching SungYeol washing all the dishes and pots MyungSoo had dirtied while cooking earlier.

 

“I have a paid week off so I thought I would help you out from now a bit.” SungYeol explained, grabbing another pot that stood next to MyungSoo. “Go crash in the couch or go to bed, your decision.” He smiled to MyungSoo who returned the smile before the younger went to the couch and let himself fall in it, turning the television on.

 

After everything was done in the kitchen SungYeol sat down next to him, watching him for a couple of seconds, MyungSoo couldn’t help but to feel how domestic this all was and the more he wished he could just lay down in SungYeol’s lap to watch television while the other would thread his fingers through his hair or the other way around, either was fine, and deliver small kisses on cheeks. His cheeks colored red with that thought.

“Busy day?” SungYeol asked, not knowing what MyungSoo had been thinking about.

 

Flustered, the younger blinked away his fantasy. He nodded with a tired smile. “Yes, a lot of customers.” The other nodded, understanding, but then his eyes travelled to MyungSoo’s school bag. “Don’t you have any homework?”

 

MyungSoo let out a sigh because SungYeol was right, he had homework to do yet...how did the other know this? “How?” He asked surprised.

 

SungYeol laughed. “DongWoo called me and we talked for a while until he started to whine about his homework so that’s when I figured you also have homework to do.” SungYeol explained and it all made sense now.

 

MyungSoo grabbed his bag to pull it towards him but then stopped when he saw the other’s attempt to leave him alone. “SungYeol...will you help me?”

 

SungYeol’s eyes got big in surprise before he agreed with a big smile. “Sure! I will!”  

 

Glancing at SungYeol working on his homework - at first it was MyungSoo who was making his own, like it should be, but then SungYeol started to correct him, resulting that in the end he pulled MyungSoo’s homework towards himself to do it - MyungSoo started to get carried away in thoughts how nice it would be if he and SungYeol could go back to school together, learning and revising their lessons, testing each other on their knowledge, doing homework together… he sighed sadly. Of course because of everything that had happened there was no way SungYeol could go to school again unless…

 

”Don’t you miss home?” MyungSoo asked suddenly.

 

SungYeol looked stunned up, as if the question was something he never imagined to hear thus he continued staring at MyungSoo in confusion before he pulled the pencil out of his mouth. “Home? This is home,” he replied, turning his attention back on the homework.

 

MyungSoo shook his head even when his heart fluttered with that answer. “You know what I mean,” he said firmly, forcing the other into replying.

 

SungYeol sighed deeply, stood up and placed the pencil down to walk towards the window looking down on the streets, the street-lights were on and sometimes a car drove by, the passengers having their own story to tell where they were going.

 

“If my mother wanted to find me, don’t you think she already would have?” SungYeol asked and turned to MyungSoo with sad eyes. “I’m not really into any hiding, you know that also. I go to work, I go even shopping in public...”

 

MyungSoo had to agree, it was strange how it was so quiet, how no police-cars were patrolling, how there was no commotion whatsoever… “You’re right,” he answered slowly.

 

SungYeol on his turn sighed again and sat back down next to him. “Back to your homework,” he smiled sadly, picking back up the pencil and got back immersed into the homework of MyungSoo while the younger kept staring at the taller, wondering what exactly was going on that no one was looking for the older.

 

It all became clear at the end of the week.


A/N : Happy April Fool's...wait what's the joke...it isn't! It's a real update, long overdue!!!! 
I don't know if people thought I gave up on this story or not...I DIDN'T!

I sincerely hope you aren't getting bored with me and this story .__. 

My concentration is only on this story, this is the truth now!! I've been writing almost non stop (whenever I have time and feel like writing) since a long time...The problem with me is, I wrote and then posted what I wrote (which is a BIG MISTAKE) BUT now I have actually a lot more written than I posted YET I need to reach a certain K (let's say 6k) before I'll post another update.

This story will be long...the end isn't near! I hope you'll be with me for...how long it will take. The story is slightly changing in something different than I had planned which means...less cliches, which is a good thing! But the story plot will be the same as originally planned.

This may be selfish to ask since I took SUCH A LONG TIME to update

but

COMMENTS are highly appreciated <33

Thank you for reading, thank you for staying with me~ ♥