Chapter Thirty-Two

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol opened the door, at first annoyed but then surprised. “MyungSoo?” When MyungSoo took in how SungYeol looked: pale and unhealthy, he rushed forward and…punched SungYeol square in the face.  


SungYeol didn’t know what to expect when he saw MyungSoo in front of his apartment, he hadn’t counted on that but less did he anticipate the punch he received from the younger, making him loose his balance and fall on the floor. He blinked confused when he hit the floor but in reflex placed his hands behind him so he wouldn’t get badly hurt by slamming his head on the floor and loosing conscious, also something MyungSoo never wanted to happen.

 

The punch hadn’t been that hard, why was he so easily losing his balance? He actually could answer that himself as he hadn’t had a decent meal in forever and his energy was on the low side.

 

“Ouch!” the taller whined, his hands breaking his fall. SungYeol rubbing the place on his cheek where MyungSoo had punched him. “What the hell, MyungSoo!” He yelled and looked surprised up to MyungSoo whose anger had disappeared into that punch and the fact that SungYeol went so easily down. MyungSoo fell shocked down on his knees and grabbed SungYeol’s face in his hands, examining the damage he had done. “I’m sorry SungYeol, I-“

 

SungYeol slapped the other’s hands away, taking a deep breath. “Why are you here? Except for the need of attacking me?” He grumbled, glaring at the younger. Without waiting for an answer SungYeol scrabbled to get up and at the same time create a distance. It was weird but feeling MyungSoo this close, his heart beat for some reason faster. 

 

MyungSoo looked sadly down when he felt he had been rejected by SungYeol.
“I’m here because DongWoo told me-“

 

“He promised me not to tell you anything.” SungYeol shouted, interrupting him, staring angrily at MyungSoo even when he wasn’t furious at him but at DongWoo.

 

MyungSoo looked up, staring at SungYeol, hurt evident in his eyes.

“Why can’t I know? I thought we’re friends and-“

 

“MyungSoo, please go, I’m tired and I need to sleep.” SungYeol cut in, not wanting to talk any longer to MyungSoo, knowing the other was feeling hurt but SungYeol was too tired and  also afraid that he would be too weak to hold his feelings back, feelings that were pushed away but had come to surface when SungYeol realized how much he missed MyungSoo not being with him and now that he saw MyungSoo.

 

MyungSoo frowned. It was only 6pm, why would SungYeol go sleep so early? He examined SungYeol completely – SungYeol could barely keep his eyes open and MyungSoo knew this wasn’t only because the older was tired – MyungSoo didn’t like what he saw at all.  He had to agree with DongWoo that SungYeol looked like he was at the end of his limits.

 

“SungYeol, have you eaten?” MyungSoo asked worriedly and got up on his feet, going closer to SungYeol who had no energy left to think why the younger asked this, shaking his head tiredly. “No time,” he replied, “please leave MyungSoo; I’ll talk to you another time.” SungYeol stared at MyungSoo, waiting for the younger to go but when MyungSoo didn’t make any move to get out, he gave the latter a helping hand, ushering him outside the apartment, telling that MyungSoo needed to go working, the younger protesting but SungYeol didn’t listen.

 

When the door was closed behind MyungSoo, hearing SungYeol locking it, he sighed deeply. That sound felt like SungYeol secured himself away from MyungSoo, he hated that thought.

 

MyungSoo didn’t want to go home and started knocking on the door, begging SungYeol to let him back in but SungYeol never listened. Neighbors started to come out of their apartments to see what the entire ruckus was about and eventually shooed MyungSoo away when they discovered he wasn’t a resident.  The younger left with a heavy heart, he called sick in at work as he couldn’t concentrate at all and lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling like he just had been dumped, the only thing that was missing was ice-cream to stuff him full so he wouldn’t think of SungYeol.

 

 

“MyungSoo?” DongWoo walked inside the bedroom, he didn’t expect MyungSoo to be that fast back, he thought, no he hoped MyungSoo would stay with SungYeol even during the night.
“Why are you here?”

 

MyungSoo’s lips started to tremble, recalling how SungYeol had rejected him and how he had pushed him out the door... “Hyung,” he whined, eyes starting to water.

 

DongWoo immediately took the younger into a bear hug, comforting MyungSoo, telling that everything would be fine.   “I’ll talk to him, MyungSoo and I’lll-“

 

DongWoo looked down when he felt a movement in his arms, seeing MyungSoo shaking his head. “You don’t want me to talk to him?” DongWoo inquired and the younger shook his head again. “I want to go back tomorrow, hyung, let me go in your place, tell me how you ring the doorbell and then I’ll force SungYeol to talk to me, I’ll-“

 

“Ok.” DongWoo said before MyungSoo was finished and gave him a smile. “I’ll trust you that you will help SungYeol.”

 

 …

 

MyungSoo knew SungYeol hadn’t eaten in days, DongWoo had said this and he had confirmed it with his own eyes so the younger made it his goal of the evening to cook SungYeol a decent meal. 

 

After school was done he went to the closest department store to gather all the ingredients to make SungYeol a balanced soup. He skipped happily to the apartment, ringing the bell how DongWoo said to do, staring dumb-struck to the name “Kim” on said bell but shrugged it off and went up.

 

SungYeol waited at the door for DongWoo to appear but wide-eyed he saw not DongWoo coming out of the elevator but MyungSoo instead. Before SungYeol could ask what the other was doing here, MyungSoo slipped passed him into the apartment.

 

“What are you doing here?” SungYeol closed the door as he didn’t want any curious neighbors to hear what was going on and not make a scene on the hallway. He turned to MyungSoo with a quizzical look.

 

“I’m going to make you food, so go sit and let me do all the work.” MyungSoo declared. SungYeol opened his mouth to retort something but the look MyungSoo gave him changed his mind. The older closed his mouth again and shook his head, too tired to argue or send the younger away as he just came home not an hour ago and had a really crappy day, thinking that DongWoo was the one who rang the doorbell, had made him happy so he could vent out his anger of why the heck DongWoo told MyungSoo but now he couldn’t and he couldn’t send MyungSoo away because he actually wanted MyungSoo with him plus the vegetables and everything in that satchel looked really great and -  “I’m going to sleep, do what you want.” SungYeol mumbled before disappearing into the bedroom.

 

 MyungSoo enthusiastically started to cut all the vegetables he needed, dusting off his cooking skills from earlier days and the things his mother had learned him. Even when he preferred udon ramyun any time, he knew how to cook and now he would show SungYeol of what he was made.

 

-

 

“SungYeol?” MyungSoo knocked on the door, carefully balancing the tray he had found in a cupboard under the sink in one hand. He waited for some seconds,only  being met by silence thus he slowly opened the door.  “SungYeol, are you sleeping?” MyungSoo peeked inside and saw SungYeol sitting up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, clearly he already fell asleep and in that moment MyungSoo felt bad for waking the older up. “MyungSoo?” SungYeol asked confused.

 

MyungSoo was debating with himself to just turn around to leave or get inside the room and make sure SungYeol ate. The latter pulled him back into reality: “Did you make soup?” SungYeol wondered, eyes wandering down to the tray in the younger’s hands, his mouth started to water and his stomach growl with the realization that food was very close by. The younger who got a boost from SungYeol’s question and enthusiastic reaction towards food, walked closer, placing the tray carefully next to the older. “I made you soup with rice and side dishes, please eat it.”

 

The younger wanted to get up and leave, not wanting SungYeol to be uncomfortable around him but once again SungYeol surprised him. “Do I have to eat the soup with my hands?”

 

The younger cocked his eyebrows, not understanding this question. “What?” 

 

SungYeol laughed, making MyungSoo’s heart skip a beat.  “I don’t have a spoon, MyungSoo.” The taller explained. MyungSoo now looked down the tray, realizing his mistake and sped fast out of the bedroom to grab a spoon and chopsticks, returning in a flash back at SungYeol’s side.

 

Taking the chopsticks and spoon from MyungSoo, SungYeol grinned before he started to spoon the soup up, lifting it towards his mouth to take a sip. His eyes started to twinkle when his taste buds exploded with deliciousness. “Wow,” SungYeol brought out and took another sip, having a beatific expression. “This is delicious Soo-yah! Did you make this by yourself?” MyungSoo blushed and nodded, feeling shy all of a sudden. “I did, my mom thought me.” He whispered in response.

 

“This is really good, I so could get used to this!” SungYeol said ecstatic but then stared in shock of his own words at MyungSoo who looked equally surprised back. “I mean-“ SungYeol continued and tried to cover up but this time MyungSoo interrupted him. “I could, you know?”

 

SungYeol blinked. “What?”

 

MyungSoo coughed, realizing that maybe he had been a little bit too eager. “I mean, I can make you dinner because otherwise I know you won’t eat and you made DongWoo and me very worried, you know that.”

 

SungYeol sighed. “I know but-“

 

“No buts SungYeol, I like to cook, you like my food, right?”

 

SungYeol nodded slowly, thinking about what MyungSoo was proposing. He couldn’t really see any flaw in this, MyungSoo making him delicious food every time he came back from work

 

…Work

 

”He glanced at MyungSoo. “Aren’t you supposed to go working?” SungYeol asked and the other shook his head but SungYeol obviously didn’t believe him, he feared that MyungSoo didn’t go and that the younger would get fired and then this will turn out to be SungYeol’s fault.

 

“MyungSoo, you should go to work, they are expecting you!” SungYeol said and wanted to get up to lead MyungSoo out of the apartment but MyungSoo pushed SungYeol back into bed, removing fast his hands from SungYeol’s shoulder. “I’ve called in sick. It’s okay.”

 

SungYeol couldn’t help but to let out a small sigh of relieve until…the younger’s words caught up with him...

 

 “You don’t look very sick to me,” he mused.  

 

MyungSoo blushed that he was caught in his palpable lie. “Just…let me cook for you from now on, okay I’ll leave now and be back tomorrow.”

 

SungYeol nodded; accepting the proposal of MyungSoo to cook dinner for him from now on.

 

“You’re sure that you won’t get into troubles at work, right?” He still asked to be sure.

 

MyungSoo nodded fast, already turning around to leave. “Don’t worry, worry only about your own health.”

 

SungYeol gave him a tired smile before he took the spoon back up and spooned his soup empty a little later hearing the door close from his apartment. After SungYeol was done eating the rice and side dishes, he placed the tray down, rubbing satisfied his stomach now that it was finally full again before he fell asleep, having a nice sleep.

 


A/N : I've written the next chapter already but I need to add more details and dialogue.
This chapter was 100% MyungYeol and the next chapter will also be.
I hope this made sense! You guys, I'm writing for over a year on this story OTL I'm really sorry. 

Please leave comments. <3 


LAST ROMEO!
SEASON 2 - Full album!
13 songs!
WooHyun solo, SungGyu solo, INFINITE F song, INFINITE H song! 
This is going to be sooo awesome!